What does it mean if you have no remorse??

scarletletter

you are absolutely right coco...i would have not gotten into this if i had it to do over again...but then again, I would have missed out on a lot of fun!!! There I go, being brutally honest again..

No, I don't think I'm different. In fact I don't think most OW or MM (involved in affairs) are different. I think we're very much the same as most people. I think WE ARE most people. And I think that most people are just about as selfish as the next person (stands to reason).

"Wanting what I want when I want it" isn't a hard concept to grasp. Most of us go through that as children... then grow out of it. We all, even MM and OW, know that's not possible to maintain.

If MM and OW really DID act on that, then there wouldn't be any affairs... since (in my experience) affairs rely on delayed gratification far more than ANY out in the open R.

In fact, I can't think of ANY person involved in ANY kind of R with anyone who is MORE dependent on the idea of Delayed Gratification than an OW waiting perhaps Years for a MM to divorce!

you are absolutely right coco...i would have not gotten into this if i had it to do over again...but then again, I would have missed out on a lot of fun!!! There I go, being brutally honest again..

That is honest. But is it honestly all that much fun?

scarletletter

coco...I must say that so far...I'm having a really good time. I know its not always going to be fun and games..but right now, its good. If I think about it too much, then its no fun...so the object is: DON'T THINK!! Which obviously for me is not that hard considering what I have done this far.

No, I don't think I'm different. In fact I don't think most OW or MM (involved in affairs) are different. I think we're very much the same as most people. I think WE ARE most people. And I think that most people are just about as selfish as the next person (stands to reason).

"Wanting what I want when I want it" isn't a hard concept to grasp. Most of us go through that as children... then grow out of it. We all, even MM and OW, know that's not possible to maintain.

If MM and OW really DID act on that, then there wouldn't be any affairs... since (in my experience) affairs rely on delayed gratification far more than ANY out in the open R.

In fact, I can't think of ANY person involved in ANY kind of R with anyone who is MORE dependent on the idea of Delayed Gratification than an OW waiting perhaps Years for a MM to divorce!

You're fascinating Sami. Your "spin" on things is incredible!

coco...I must say that so far...I'm having a really good time. I know its not always going to be fun and games..but right now, its good. If I think about it too much, then its no fun...so the object is: DON'T THINK!! Which obviously for me is not that hard considering what I have done this far.

You crack me up Scarlet! You're funny. But at some time you should think. Think about yourself and not him. Don't give him all your best. Give your best to a person who can give YOU his best and that means ALL of himself...not just when it's convenient.

Of course not. It was never love, anyway. What I did was very wrong. Some of us can see where we went wrong. Others have no consciense at all and can NEVER see the error of their ways.

You make NO logical observations, as you put it. And I don't care WHAT kind of background you come from. I'm upper middle class. So what? What's that have to do with anything?

I'm sorry, I just think your views ARE sad. And I doubt you will always find them comforting when you're all alone.

You obviously missed my point that I prefer to be alone. When a man is with me, it is because I wish to be with him. I live my life. I spend time with whomever I choose, and it makes me happy to do so. But one day, if I decide that I want to be with one man--day in and day out, forever and ever and ever...it would be my choice. Probably if I bumped my head very hard, and became comatose for a period of time, then awakened and maybe forgot who I even am maybe then I would decide that marriage is for me. But I very much doubt it. And my station in life has everything to do with my lifestyle too, because I can live a life independent of anyone else. So, no I don't care per se, what kind of background you come from either. (But "upper middle class" whew, how impressive! Keep trying, Dear) Just one more thing, regarding your statement when responding to Scarlet, "I've never been cheated on." Stop and think about it. You cannot possibly know that to be true, now can you?