This is silly, but am I reading to much into this ?

Sarah belle

So I used to talk to this guy and he was super into me. I cut him off for other reasons but he still is very active on my social media page.

Make a long story short I posted a picture of my camera flipped facing me from the waist down only showing my legs and shoes to my story which he viewed. The next day comes and he posts the same picture on his story of his camera flipped around only showing his pants and shoes? Keep in mind this man never posts photos everrrr.

About two weeks ago I posted me and a dude on a date which he viewed.

Am I reading to much to this?

Like what?  That he got an idea for a photo from looking at your photo?   That's probably accurate.  

Why do you keep people who aren't in your life on your social media, especially guys you supposedly "cut off"?

ExpatInItaly
16 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

Am I reading to much to this?

What would be the message he is trying to send? 

If you cut him off, delete him from your social media too. It sounds like you are hoping he's paying attention to you though, so the better question is this: why does it matter if he views your content? 

• Like 2

What are you reading wrong exactly?

He copied a pic idea, it doesn't mean anything.

If it bothers you, block him.

4 hours ago, Sarah belle said:

About two weeks ago I posted me and a dude on a date which he viewed.

Go through your social media and review and reset your privacy settings and who can view your content as well as review your content and it's purpose. Mute or delete or restrict annoying people.

Go through your friends, followers and contact lists and get rid of the dead weight. If people are creeping your content in weird ways it's up to you to determine your level of sharing.

It seems like you hope this guy has a crush on you?. You're not even interested in him. Perhaps having social media followers makes you feel popular? That's quite common these days. But it's a double edged sword.

• Author
Sarah belle
13 hours ago, JTSW said:

What are you reading wrong exactly?

He copied a pic idea, it doesn't mean anything.

If it bothers you, block him.

Why would someone do that though ? Especially if it’s a past romantic partner ?

4 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

Why would someone do that though ? Especially if it’s a past romantic partner ?

For the same reason you took a freaking picture of your legs and shoes - they thought it seemed like a good idea.  

Please answer this:  Why do you care?  Are you super bored?  You "used to talk" to a guy which means nothing, but you cut him off.  Why are the pictures he posts an area of crucial interest to you?  Why are you even looking at his pictures?  Do you secretly want to try to "talk to" him again?

Question: why do you say you cut him off? If you’re keeping him on your social media? That’s not my definition of cutting somebody off. But I digress: you took a picture of your legs and your shoes for attention. He may have seen it and decided it would be fun to post an identical picture of his own legs. Ok. So? Do you actually care what he posts and what he thinks about you? Remember, you “cut him off”! 
what’s your agenda? Do you want him to be jealous? Do you want him to leave you alone? Do you feel stalked? Do you want him back? 
that’s why I’m not a big fan of social media because all these questions arise - like all the time -, and nobody really knows what’s going on in anybody else’s mind but everybody is all over the internet draw ing premature or incorrect conclusions without actually interacting with the person in question, or asking them. These guessing games are going to ruin our society in the long run. It’s totally immature and definitely not healthy. 
So my questions for you are: do you like the guy? Do you want him back? Why are you keeping him on social media if you say you “cut him out”? What exactly is it that you want from him because it sounds like you want something from him rather than he want something from you. 

Yes, these^^^^^^^are the questions you won't answer.  You make thread after thread about this guy but won't state what you want.  Stop looking at what he's doing if it's bothering you or just go up to him and ask the questions you ask about him on this forum.  No one here knows him, what he's thinking or why he does what he does.  Heck, we don't even know why you keep asking these questions about him.

• Author
Sarah belle
47 minutes ago, stillafool said:

Yes, these^^^^^^^are the questions you won't answer.  You make thread after thread about this guy but won't state what you want.  Stop looking at what he's doing if it's bothering you or just go up to him and ask the questions you ask about him on this forum.  No one here knows him, what he's thinking or why he does what he does.  Heck, we don't even know why you keep asking these questions about him.

This was my first question about him. I don’t come on here posting about the same guy. 

• Author
Sarah belle
1 hour ago, BrinnM said:

Question: why do you say you cut him off? If you’re keeping him on your social media? That’s not my definition of cutting somebody off. But I digress: you took a picture of your legs and your shoes for attention. He may have seen it and decided it would be fun to post an identical picture of his own legs. Ok. So? Do you actually care what he posts and what he thinks about you? Remember, you “cut him off”! 
what’s your agenda? Do you want him to be jealous? Do you want him to leave you alone? Do you feel stalked? Do you want him back? 
that’s why I’m not a big fan of social media because all these questions arise - like all the time -, and nobody really knows what’s going on in anybody else’s mind but everybody is all over the internet draw ing premature or incorrect conclusions without actually interacting with the person in question, or asking them. These guessing games are going to ruin our society in the long run. It’s totally immature and definitely not healthy. 
So my questions for you are: do you like the guy? Do you want him back? Why are you keeping him on social media if you say you “cut him out”? What exactly is it that you want from him because it sounds like you want something from him rather than he want something from you. 

I’m not trying to have any one read his mind. I just wanted to know maybe the reason why a guy that you had past romantic dealings with copy your picture?

3 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

I’m not trying to have any one read his mind. I just wanted to know maybe the reason why a guy that you had past romantic dealings with copy your picture?

Hard to tell. The only question you should ask yourself, though, is why you care. He could do it to get your attention, or to mock you, or maybe he thinks it’s “artsy”, or maybe he wants to copy your idea in order to impress somebody else, or he was just having fun, or he took the picture on accident, or somebody else asked him to take a leg picture, or his new girlfriend likes his legs, or he doesn’t have a new girlfriend and he wants to impress his neighbor who he’s got a crush on, or his mother told him to take a picture of his shoes so she can get him similar ones at Dicks’s sporting goods, or he had a new camera and it slipped out of his hand, or or or ……. I doubt it’s got anything to do with you. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Author
Sarah belle
14 minutes ago, BrinnM said:

Hard to tell. The only question you should ask yourself, though, is why you care. He could do it to get your attention, or to mock you, or maybe he thinks it’s “artsy”, or maybe he wants to copy your idea in order to impress somebody else, or he was just having fun, or he took the picture on accident, or somebody else asked him to take a leg picture, or his new girlfriend likes his legs, or he doesn’t have a new girlfriend and he wants to impress his neighbor who he’s got a crush on, or his mother told him to take a picture of his shoes so she can get him similar ones at Dicks’s sporting goods, or he had a new camera and it slipped out of his hand, or or or ……. I doubt it’s got anything to do with you. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hmmm so you don’t think it had anything to do with me ??? 

Lotsgoingon

He may still have the hots for you. That's the simple answer. And/or he might have a sense of humor in imitating your photo.

He did catch your attention, so sounds like he succeeded in getting onto the radar of this woman who pushed him away way back when. 

5 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

Hmmm so you don’t think it had anything to do with me ??? 

I said as one of my many options that he may have tried to get your attention. But we don’t know that …. 

Lotsgoingon

The only reason for you to ask this question is that you have some interest in him.

If you have no interest in him, then the whole question is irrelevant. If you have no interest, then you don't care.

Might we flip this and say since you are so curious, maybe you ARE interested in him, despite your protests to the contrary. 

• Author
Sarah belle
23 minutes ago, Lotsgoingon said:

The only reason for you to ask this question is that you have some interest in him.

If you have no interest in him, then the whole question is irrelevant. If you have no interest, then you don't care.

Might we flip this and say since you are so curious, maybe you ARE interested in him, despite your protests to the contrary. 

Obviously he does too

5 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

Obviously he does too

There's nothing obvious about his actions at all.  Hence all the guesses here

10 minutes ago, basil67 said:

There's nothing obvious about his actions at all.  Hence all the guesses here

That’s how I see it as well. I’m sure he’s less obsessed than the OP. He just posted something silly and she can’t get over it. I’m sure he’s sleeping well.

OP, if he was - quote - “super into you” and you allegedly  “cut him off” - why do you even care? You sure he didn’t cut you off? 

• Author
Sarah belle
41 minutes ago, BrinnM said:

That’s how I see it as well. I’m sure he’s less obsessed than the OP. He just posted something silly and she can’t get over it. I’m sure he’s sleeping well.

OP, if he was - quote - “super into you” and you allegedly  “cut him off” - why do you even care? You sure he didn’t cut you off? 

Why would someone take the time and effort to do that if they weren’t obsess though? I’ve never had a man do that.

36 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

Obviously he does too

That's clearly what you'd like to think.   It's not obvious to the other people here.

It's just ... unusual ... to care  about a picture he posted of his legs to the point of writing a post about it seeking the opinion of strangers.  You describe your interactions as "I used to talk to this guy."  Sounds like a you weren't really in a relationship at all.  Yet you seem obsessed.

It all adds up to not much.  Remove him from your social media.  You cut him off, remember?

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

Why would someone take the time and effort to do that if they weren’t obsess though? 

Exactly. Why bother with these social media antics if you're not interested in them personally? It's not worth your time and effort obsessing over their social media activities. 

Focus on your work, school, interests, hobbies, friends and family. 

Perhaps take some classes and courses and learn something new and interesting. Get involved in sports and fitness. Join some groups and clubs. Meet people in real life who you can be friends with...

Get a good profile and pics on quality dating apps and start talking to and meeting men in real life. 

This way you won't have to ponder what social media acquaintances are doing or why. You'll be able to redirect your focus and energy into people and things you enjoy.