Did she lie to me?

17 hours ago, Kkyle said:

I lost my mind and yelled at her cause I felt betrayed and cheated, did I have any right to react in this way?

No, you did not. 

She is not your girlfriend and is free to kiss whomever she wants. The correct reaction would be to leave, not to stand there and yell at her. You need to learn to control your behaviour, as apparenty you have a history of abuse and haven't really learned anything. 

Having said that, it's clear that you two are over and should not be spending any time together anymore. You need to let go and move on. 

• Like 1
emotionallybroken9
On 12/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Kkyle said:

I was staying with my ex for a few weeks in her apartment helping her around with some of her stuff, we had sex and were intimate with each other but she never agreed to get back together with me.  We broke up cause I broke her trust many times and was abusive. She went out to a party while I waited for her end even though she assured me saying nothing would happen with another guy, she changed her mind and ended up kissing a random dude she met. I had a feeling something was going on so I confronted her when she got back home and even though she didn’t want to tell me the truth at first, she ended up confessing everything to me. I lost my mind and yelled at her cause I felt betrayed and cheated, did I have any right to react in this way?

Yeah dude, this explain it all. You have ZERO rights to be mad. You’re broken up. You’re getting free sex before you finally never see each other again. You’re NOT in a relationship. 

You’re both enjoying the comfort of something familiar to land on when the new thing doesn't work. Eventually, you’ll find a girl that you’ll wanna pursue first, or maybe she’ll find a guy first. 

either way, stop reacting like a guy who’s dating this woman. You’re not. You’re just casually banging until one of you finds a better partner. The slower one will feel “rejected”. In this case, it’s you. But it didn’t work out for her, so now you’re both back at the starting line. 

Except, hopefully, my post helped you see clarity. 

remember, you’re not in a relationship, so stop reacting as if you are, or else you’ll drive the casual sex away!

good luck and have fun while it lasts, both of you :)

It's not cheating if you're not together.

Its seems like you have one rule for you and another for her.

You don't have any right to be upset with her when you have done worse.

IMO you need both need to go your separate ways.

• 1 year later...
  • Author
Loooli767

My ex-boyfriend and I share an 8-year-old child. Although we were never married, we lived together until recently when he moved out due to starting a new relationship. He ended our relationship, citing that I wasn't treating him well, and I was reluctant to attend therapy, leading him to give up. We separated two years ago, but I requested him to continue staying in the house to help with our child. He agreed but opted to sleep in a different bedroom.

Despite attempting to reconcile shortly after the separation, he made it explicitly clear that our relationship was over, and there was no chance of reconciliation. After that, we had minimal communication for two years, only discussing matters related to our son during occasional weekend face to face chats. Although we separated, we never discussed dating other people, and truthfully, I didn't anticipate him dating someone else. Did he cheat on me?

32 minutes ago, Loooli767 said:

recently when he moved out due to starting a new relationship. Did he cheat on me?

Unfortunately you both agreed to live together while broken up. Perhaps he was seeing this woman before he moved out and she gave him an ultimatum to stop living with an "ex".

Not sure why you would consider it cheating unless you two were living as a couple not just for economic reasons and your son. Please focus on coparenting. 

Alpacalia

I don't think so. I also don't think it matters. Your relationship with him seems to have been over for quite some time, and both of you have moved on. Whether he started dating someone while living with you or after he moved out, is not relevant to your current situation.

No. Of course not. The relationship ended what... two years ago? The only thing that makes this at all complicated is your unusual living arrangements. 

Edited by Mrin