Cookiesandough

Gdmn I love those sketchy brownies you get at the grocery in the square container with the clear plastic top. How long have they been there? Why do they stay moist forever? What’s that distinctly artificial taste? Questions you will probably never know the answer to and that’s probably for the best. 

Edited by Cookiesandough
Cookiesandough

I just realize something else. My mom puts 5 table spoons of sugar in her morning coffee. At the end, there’s about an inch of sugar coffee sludge at the bottom of her coffee. She also puts sugar on her salads 

• Shocked 1
Happy Lemming

Earlier this morning, I made a chocolate cake and just put a glaze on it for "V" for her dessert, tonight.  She came into the kitchen as I was putting the finishing touches on the cake and asked if I could make her some chocolate peanut butter rolls.

The kitchen was already a bit of a mess, so I said "sure" and just made up a batch.  For some reason her "sweet tooth" is in high gear.  I don't expect that batch of chocolate peanut butter rolls to last for very long. 

"V" said those candies speak to her. She'll be watching TV or reading a book and they "call" to her, and she can't resist.

Luckily I've stocked up on all of the ingredients to make many, many batches of her favorite confection.

• Like 1
Pumpernickel

Peanut butter chocolate rolls sounds delicious, @Happy Lemming!! I gotta google a recipe for those. 

@ShyViolet It’s funny, sometimes I don’t have a sweet craving at all, right now it’s really bad though - might be because I currently don’t drink at all. I usually have a glass of dry red for dinner. Maybe my body is missing all the carbs & sugars. 

• Like 1

Aren't keto style diets supposed to reduce sugar cravings within a few weeks? 

"Normally carbohydrates in food are converted into glucose, which is then transported around the body and is important in fueling brain function. But if little carbohydrate remains in the diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies, the latter passing into the brain and replacing glucose as an energy source.

An elevated level of ketone bodies in the blood (a state called ketosis) eventually lowers the frequency of epileptic seizures. Around half of children and young people with epilepsy who have tried some form of this diet saw the number of seizures drop by at least half.

Possible therapeutic uses for the ketogenic diet have been studied for many additional neurological disorders, some of which include: Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, headache, neurotrauma, pain, Parkinson's disease, and sleep disorders".

Happy Lemming
2 hours ago, Pumpernickel said:

Peanut butter chocolate rolls sounds delicious, @Happy Lemming!! I gotta google a recipe for those.

My recipe is kind of a trial & error type of thing that I developed many years ago.  You can certainly try mine:

1/2 stick room temperature (good quality) butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 teaspoons of milk

3 tablespoons of Hershey's unsweetened Cocoa powder

1 1/2 to 2 cups of 10X powdered sugar (have more available)

1/2 jar of peanut butter (smooth)

Mix 10X powdered sugar in a mixing bowl with cocoa powder.  Add butter, vanilla extract & milk and knead the mixture with your hands.  Have a helper add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (at a time) until the mixture is not sticky and will roll out (kind of like pizza dough).

Using 10X powdered sugar dust two pieces of parchment paper (or wax paper), take 1/2 of the mixture and roll it out between the parchment paper.  Try to get it to a thickness of 1/8" to 1/4", remove top parchment paper.  Taking a butter knife, cut the blob you just rolled out into a rectangle shape.  (Save the scraps for re-use)  Spread peanut butter on top about 1/8" to 1/4" same as mixture thickness. Starting at one end, use your thumbs to begin to make the roll.  Roll it up into a log and place on a heavy plate.  Repeat making up logs until you have used up all of your mixture.  Place the plate (with the logs) on it in the freezer for 1 hour.  Remove from freezer and cut into 1/2"-3/4" slices and put in a freezer bag.  Place freezer bag with pieces back into freezer and enjoy one or two pieces at a time.

I just watched "V" grab 3 pieces from her freezer bag and eat them.  She really loves them!!

Hope this recipe works out for you.  Again, it's just a made up recipe from trial and error.

Edited to add:  They really are delicious, but quite rich!!

Edited by Happy Lemming
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It is important that you do break this weakness. It takes a lot of mind over matter. In time the cravings should deminish. Sugar it probably the biggest diet related contributor to bad health. It happens slowly but it is doing it destructive work.