Should I inititate the 2nd date?

• Author
53 minutes ago, introverted1 said:

@Gaeta Any update on your dad?

He will get his surgery on Wednesday.  He was in the woods and walked on a wasp nest. He was stung 50 times. He went blind, lost the usage of his legs and he crawled 2 hours to get out of the woods, he's 82!! Someone found him on the edge of the woods and called an embulance, he was carried by airplane to the Heart Institution. They said he had a small heart attack linked to his efforts to crawl out of the woods and discovered the 4 blocked arteries. That wasp incident saved him from having a major heart attack later this year. 

My new man has been super supportive and reassuring. 

Edited by Gaeta
  • Like 5
  • Shocked 1
introverted1

Wow.  Terrible as it was, it is a good thing if it will prevent an even worse event later.

Hope all goes well next week.  Will he be in hospital until then?

• Author
37 minutes ago, introverted1 said:

Will he be in hospital until then?

Thank you Introverted1, 

Yes, they are watching him closely. We are 4 children so we all took a day to stay with him. Our mother will arrive on the day of the surgery. Where he is it's 7 hour drive from their home and 2,5 hours for us kids. 

Thank you all for your kind words. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Gaeta said:

He will get his surgery on Wednesday.  He was in the woods and walked on a wasp nest. He was stung 50 times. He went blind, lost the usage of his legs and he crawled 2 hours to get out of the woods, he's 82!! Someone found him on the edge of the woods and called an embulance, he was carried by airplane to the Heart Institution. They said he had a small heart attack linked to his efforts to crawl out of the woods and discovered the 4 blocked arteries. That wasp incident saved him from having a major heart attack later this year. 

My new man has been super supportive and reassuring. 

Oh my, thank goodness he was able to get to safety and if the experience saves his life, that’s a good thing! Still, so sad that this happened. Take care.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gaeta said:

He will get his surgery on Wednesday.  He was in the woods and walked on a wasp nest. He was stung 50 times.

Oh my Gaeta, the same thing happened to my dad while he was golfing, stepped into a bee's nest.  Stung over 100 times. He is allergic so became very ill but he survived.

Saying prayers and sending good positive energy your way, please keep us posted.

((Hugs)) to you and your family.  

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

That’s so incredibly sad but I’m glad he’s getting the medical help that he needs. Best wishes to you and your fam 

• Like 1
On 8/13/2021 at 12:04 PM, Gaeta said:

He will get his surgery on Wednesday.  

Thank goodness for Canadian healthcare. A quick surgery and no stress about $$$…

• Author
2 hours ago, Weezy1973 said:

Thank goodness for Canadian healthcare. A quick surgery and no stress about $$$…

I spent the day with him. He has a good spirit. The surgery was moved to Monday in 2 days.

Yes thank goodness for our health care. He was carried out by paramedic airplane and he will come back by same mean. He has 3 cardiologists on his case. I can't even imagine how much all that could cost.

• Like 4

Wow, that’s scary about the wasps and having to crawl and couldn’t see and all that. Sending good thoughts your way for a successful surgery.

I’ve been catching up on your dating stories. I think the Dwayne Johnson one was the funniest! What a bunch of weirdos! 

• Like 1

What work does your new guy do? Is he going to be working nights forever or will you eventually be on a similar schedule? 

• Author

Thank you for asking :-) 

The surgery went very well. He just finished his 24 hours in Intensive Care. He had a high risk of stroke for his first 24 hours and that's behind him now. He's moving his legs and talking a little. A huge weight has been lifted from all of our shoulders. I can't wait to see him. I should  head there in a couple of days, for now my mother is allowed to see him 10 mins per hour. 

• Like 6
  • Author
On 8/16/2021 at 6:54 AM, jspice said:

What work does your new guy do? Is he going to be working nights forever or will you eventually be on a similar schedule? 

He's a train mechanic. No he won't be nights forever. He's been approached by another train constructor and he's considering his options. Where he works right now he's applied for supervisor's position. We're doing well so far with our opposite schedule but it's the very beginning it's good we're not together all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Author
1 hour ago, Whodatdog said:

This thread is amazing. It should be a movie!

haha I'm happy it entertained you.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, Gaeta said:

The first 3 dates, no matter how much l like them, it's an interview disguised in a fun date. 

Good luck 😁

This is so funny because I planned to multidate and in just several days I met a guy that shows interest from the beginning and nobody else never made me feel so amazing before. It's just a beginning, I am careful and slow, but I already feel that he cares about me and he wants something serious. We didn't need a talk, after 3 date I just decided to focus on him (he told me before that he meets only me) and everything looks perfect so far. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Author
7 hours ago, Amanda92 said:

This is so funny because I planned to multidate and in just several days I met a guy that shows interest from the beginning and nobody else never made me feel so amazing before. It's just a beginning, I am careful and slow, but I already feel that he cares about me and he wants something serious. We didn't need a talk, after 3 date I just decided to focus on him (he told me before that he meets only me) and everything looks perfect so far. 🥰

OH nice Amanda !!! 🙂

Don't overdo it, enjoy the anticipation between dates! I do believe nice & slow at the beginning is best to build a solid base. It's the very first time I don't feel the need for a 'talk' with a new man I date because he gives me no reasons/insecurities/doubts to have this talk. 

I'm looking forward to follow your story Amanda!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Gaeta said:

Don't overdo it, enjoy the anticipation between dates! I do believe nice & slow at the beginning is best to build a solid base. It's the very first time I don't feel the need for a 'talk' with a new man I date because he gives me no reasons /insecurities /doubts to have this talk. 

I'm so happy to read this!!   💛

And what I have always said. 

Quality versus quantity. When we have quality relationships, feel happy and secure, not only with our partner but within ourselves, and have faith and trust in our connection(s), there is no need for constant chat or "check in" calls.  Or the "talk." 

Just like what you experiencing now with Romeo, this makes me so happy G, and I mean that sincerely. 😄

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
  • Author
21 minutes ago, poppyfields said:

Quality versus quantity. When we have quality relationships, feel happy and secure, not only with our partner but within ourselves, and have faith and trust in our connection(s), there is no need for constant chat or "check in" calls.  Or the "talk." 

Just like what you experiencing now with Romeo, this makes me so happy G, and I mean that sincerely. 😄

Thank you 🙂

It's been 6 weeks and probably 10 dates now so we do communicate twice a day for a few minutes. Our text is full of emojis and hearts lol, makes my teen girl roll her eyes. A week ago my eldest daughter dropped by and asked my teen what she thought of this new man I'm dating. They have not met him but based on what I'm reporting about him, and my teen girl said she likes him already because I only have nice things to say about him and she can tell he makes me happy...awwwww!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

Thank you 🙂

It's been 6 weeks and probably 10 dates now so we do communicate twice a day for a few minutes. Our text is full of emojis and hearts lol, makes my teen girl roll her eyes. A week ago my eldest daughter dropped by and asked my teen what she thought of this new man I'm dating. They have not met him but based on what I'm reporting about him, and my teen girl said she likes him already because I only have nice things to say about him and she can tell he makes me happy...awwwww!! 

I'm glad you're happy G.

You've been through so much but course everything you have experienced -  the ups, the downs, good and bad, joy and pain - is what lead you to this wonderful new man and this place.

Enjoy!  

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Gaeta said:

OH nice Amanda !!! 🙂

Don't overdo it, enjoy the anticipation between dates! I do believe nice & slow at the beginning is best to build a solid base. It's the very first time I don't feel the need for a 'talk' with a new man I date because he gives me no reasons/insecurities/doubts to have this talk. 

I'm looking forward to follow your story Amanda!

The same here! I feel so comfortable for the first time. He puts much more efforts than me, but I am also into him. I think everything is okay. Usually we have short text conversation once a day, sometimes he calls (that's so lovely that he wants to hear me) and we meet twice a week. Our meetings are great. We didn't sleep together, but chemistry is in the air. He really cares about me and it seems to be naturally. I don't even need more contact because I feel so safe that I don't worry at all that sometimes it's just 2 messages a day. Such a nice change after all these jerks!

• Like 1