What am I doing wrong when it comes to exercising?

• Author
2 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Everyone (including us) are just giving opinions.  That it works for us doesn't mean that it will work for you. 

Go and speak with a nutritionist.  They have proper training and will give you advice which is designed to support you, your work and exercise requirements.   

Okay thanks.  The PT kept telling me if I am hungry I need to eat when I am, but maybe a PT doesn't know as much as a nutritionist on that matter?

Has the PT got thorough knowledge of what you're eating?   Also are you paying this PT?  If not, their advice will only be generic.   

• Author

Yeah I paid her but not for the amount and time that others have since that would be kind of pricey for me now.  I told her a general sense of what I eat most often.

Edited by ironpony

Quite simply: if her advice is working for you, then keep doing it.   If it's not working for you, seek advice from a nutritionist 

• Author
1 minute ago, basil67 said:

Quite simply: if her advice is working for you, then keep doing it.   If it's not working for you, seek advice from a nutritionist 

Well I feel her advice is working when it comes to the muscle building so I will keep that up.  But for the fat loss, I can try something else and see the nutritionalist.  Thanks :).

As for the exercise, I have been going to the gym on my two days off for three hours per day, and thus doing the six hours of exercise a week she recommended, but should I be doing more if I want to just keep in shape in a general sense?

Ask your personal trainer - it's her job to know this

Edited by basil67
  • Author
4 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Ask your personal trainer - it's her job to know this

She said before, it's highly unusual for people to do that, but should be fine as long as I am getting the six hours.