How Many Guys is it acceptable to Talk to ?

Mariana Carolina

• Author
Mariana Carolina
On 3/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, d0nnivain said:

If you really have zero interest in dating these guys but are open to meeting them but not having sex, throw the word "friend"  around a lot.  Make sure everyone understands that you are not looking for serious.  Yes, some guys will assume that no matter what you say if you meet them, & especially if you let them pay for you, that you are DTF so make sure your boundaries are crystal clear.  

Yes I will do thank you , I will make that clear for sure thanks.

Yess most of them are looking to "have fun" but im not going to do that with all of them. 

• Author
Mariana Carolina
1 hour ago, Cookiesandough said:

As many you want to and still avoid not getting them too mixed up 

Hahaha Thanks , I'll try not to lol

• Like 2

How many can you handle? I can only handle about 2-3 if they are getting more serious and want more time. If I'm in a talking to and filtering stage I like around 6 but have gone as high as 12-15. I'm pretty good at keeping details straight and I wind up writing off a lot of guys from that list pretty quickly.

• Author
Mariana Carolina
On 3/30/2021 at 12:24 AM, Miss Peach said:

How many can you handle? I can only handle about 2-3 if they are getting more serious and want more time. If I'm in a talking to and filtering stage I like around 6 but have gone as high as 12-15. I'm pretty good at keeping details straight and I wind up writing off a lot of guys from that list pretty quickly.

I have been able to handle quite a few 7 or so... hmm yeh I just get a bit overwhelmed sometimes because I dont want to start liking all of them in different ways haha.

Do you ever let them go like start not talking to them? and if so what are your reasons for that?

I always get stuck not knowing when to stop talking and if things are getting a bit too much 

11 hours ago, Mariana Carolina said:

I have been able to handle quite a few 7 or so... hmm yeh I just get a bit overwhelmed sometimes because I dont want to start liking all of them in different ways haha.

Do you ever let them go like start not talking to them? and if so what are your reasons for that?

I always get stuck not knowing when to stop talking and if things are getting a bit too much 

At some point you will have to let them go.  You can't go on forever multi-dating.  If you find one you want to get serious with that alone is enough to let the others go. 

The minute you start to develop romantic feelings for one is reason enough to start whittling things down.  

15 hours ago, Mariana Carolina said:

At some point someone stands above the rest. You have to be willing to let go of the others as it becomes clear they aren't right. It's hard for me because I can talk about a ton of topics and have fun with a lot of different types of people so it can be hard to narrow it down right away. But it's much harder to find a guy who is on my level, that I like, that I have chemistry with, etc. 

One thing that's helped me is to get clear on my intentions, goals, deal breakers, etc. Also how you feel around someone is a big deal IMO. They can look good on paper but still not be a good match. You also can have great chemistry but nothing on paper matches up. It's best to hold out for someone who can fit both.

Do you prefer your romantic partner similar or unlike you? Men with similar characteristics and shared values to yours provide cohesion and a mutual bond, but too much similarity can undermine attraction. Or, men with very different characteristics that complements yours and encourages you to experience things outside of your comfort zone. Try looking it along those lines and see if you can whittle it down. Unless, you're just looking for casual then the above need not apply.