What should I do and feel?

Sean K

• Author
1 hour ago, elaine567 said:

My guess she doesn't really care for you at all, she told you her story in the hope you would go, she just said that she cares to be nice, but when you didn't leave, then she had to resort to more and more extreme methods to get you out of her house.
It has only been 12 weeks and it has all fallen apart. Please just leave her alone, there is nothing left for you here.

There's nothing i can do. Other than await the drama she'll continue to cover her actions...

• Author
On 3/20/2021 at 12:09 PM, Gaeta said:

No she is not. 

3 months in she is showing you who she really is, believe her. 

As a survivor of domestic violence you've jumped right into another one. Typical, I've done it too. 

The only way for you to not end up in another abusive relationship is to have ZERO tolerance for ANY abusive behavior and this woman has just shown you she is controlling, verbally and physically abusive. You end this right now, otherwise all that therapy was done for nothing. 

She tried to continue to break me for sure. 

I definitely know what and who she really is. Destroyed is an applicable word right now. Therapy was all so well too. It helped me stay calm for what she's done.

You need to forget the talking to her to find out what's happening and drop her like a hot cake.  She is a very messed up person and probably dangerous.  You are being far too understanding of her.  None of this is your fault, except maybe if you tolerate her bad behaviour.

She cannot force you to open up to her and, it seems, she was not capable of being a good friend to you.  It sounds like you have become attached to her but if you continue with her I promise you will regret it.  She needs therapy.

It might be worth you contacting the police to ask if she has any kind of record.  I cannot imagine that she has got this far without being arrested for something violent.  Please do not get sucked into trying to 'save' her, no matter how sweet she is sometimes.  You are seeing the other side of her now and it isn't pretty.  You would risk serious abuse if you continue this relationship.

On 3/20/2021 at 2:27 PM, Sean K said:

I know and part of me wonders what would have happened because she said she loves and cares about me now go get out. That's a complete mind screw as i see it. Why hurt me if you care? Why test me? Like she was disappointed her story didnt make me run, like she thought with her endometriosis condition. No, and I've done a lot for her for that condition. 

Sean, just because someone says they love and care about you does not mean that they do.  Sociopaths will say anything to get their way.  The way she behaved was not loving or caring - you know that.  It sounds like you've already invested a lot in her and that might make you feel more attached.  This means that you really need to detach yourself so that you are not sucked into this abusive relationship any more.  It doesn't matter what she says: what matters is what she does.

Also, please do not fall for the idea that this might be a one-off occasion or that she didn't mean it or was not herself at the time.  It really happened and she has this capability.  There is no reason why she would not behave like this - or worse - again.  Maybe you are so used to being abused that you cannot recognise it properly?  A loving partner would never, ever treat you like this.

You really do deserve so much better.

Edited by spiderowl