Seeing Loved Ones Again After We Pass

Ruby Slippers
2 hours ago, Caauug said:

Afterlife: Maybe play it on the safe side... 

I realize it's possible that all awareness and consciousness stops upon death, that... This Is It. I just don't believe that's what happens, based on everything I've seen, heard, read, studied, and felt.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Watercolors said:

Poppy, I can't believe I forgot to reference one of my favorite Al Brooks/Meryl Streep movies of all time, "Defending Your Life." If ever there was a resource that could sway this curmudgeon to "believe" in the afterlife, it would be this Brooks' movie. I adore it. It's hilarious. I wish this is what the afterlife was like. And hopefully, I'd get a lawyer that didn't screw me. 

I love this movie! 

Edited by Angelle
  • Author
17 hours ago, Ruby Slippers said:

I agree. I think the modern world has lost a lot by being separated from God. You don't have to buy into any particular religion to develop a spiritual connection to a higher power. Religions tend to breed corruption - but spirituality can be free of that. Call it God, love, energy, whatever you like. There is a force beyond rational understanding, and tapping into this force is powerful and healing. 

OMG that was beautiful spoken!  Or written. 

This is exactly my belief as well, and stickin to it!  

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
3 hours ago, Watercolors said:

Horray! Another Fan of Albert Brooks'!

I'm gonna rent it tonight!  Will report back tomorrow.  

I love Albert Brooks!  I've seen "Mother" with Debbie Reynolds and "Modern Romance" both were hilarious!  

Edited by poppyfields
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, poppyfields said:

I'm gonna rent it tonight!  Will report back tomorrow.  

I love Albert Brooks!  I've seen "Mother" with Debbie Reynolds and "Modern Romance" both were hilarious!  

You will LOVE this movie then! It's hilarious! Enjoy!

• Thanks 1
Happy Lemming

I always thought this movie was the best after-life/Heaven movie.  It is rather old, but sticks in my mind.  If there is a Heaven, I hope it is like this.

Not only do I believe in an after life, I've actually seen the after life with my own two eyes...

Well, it may have been Ricky Gervais' After Life on Netflix, but hey, I've still seen it!  That counts, right?

Okay, sorry for being facetious, @poppyfields - I understand this thread of yours was meant to be taken seriously.

Personally, I do not believe that we will meet up with deceased loved ones in any capacity.  I believe that once our time on earth is expired, that's it for us.

I wish it weren't so, however, that is my belief.  Hence why I believe in not wasting a single dag of this life, because it's our only one. 

So, let's make every day count!  We just never know when it could be our last!

• Thanks 1