What makes bad boys attracted to good girls

13 hours ago, snowcones said:

Judge for yourself:  Tommy Lee and Bobby Brown.

Well I wouldn't exactly call Pam Anderson and Whitney Houston "good girls", do you?  So, you see the type of women they go for.

• Like 2
  • Author
39 minutes ago, stillafool said:

Well I wouldn't exactly call Pam Anderson and Whitney Houston "good girls", do you?  So, you see the type of women they go for.

I was thinking of Heather Lockear and Whitney Houston and yes they were good girls AT THE TIME they married them.

And before y'all start in (lol) I even heard the husband call their wife a "good girl".  So yes he thought of them that way.

Edited by snowcones
23 minutes ago, snowcones said:

was thinking of Heather Lockear and Whitney Houston and yes they were good girls AT THE TIME they married them.

Neither were good girls when they married these guys.  Whitney especially was already addicted to coke before she met Bobby.  Also both of those women were gorgeous back then.  

Edited by stillafool
  • Like 1
  • Author
1 hour ago, stillafool said:

Neither were good girls when they married these guys.  Whitney especially was already addicted to coke before she met Bobby.  Also both of those women were gorgeous back then.  

I'm sensing that you guys just hate the idea of a "good girl".  Again, their own husbands said they were good girls and commented on the contrasting dynamic, but I'm not here to discuss celebrities.  I asked a general question about a general concept of why bad boys are attracted to good girls, and all you haters of the concept came in the thread.  If you hate the concept then you're probably not going to know why bad boys are attracted to good girls.

Edited by snowcones

Do truly "good girls" ever date bad boys?
Heather Locklear and Whitney Houston did not turn out to be what is commonly known as "good girls". 
Were they ever? I am not sure but I suspect not. 

• Like 2

Truly good girls I suspect would have no interest in bad boys in the first place, so the point is kind of moot.

• Like 3
mark clemson
20 hours ago, snowcones said:

Judge for yourself:  Tommy Lee and Bobby Brown.

Ah, ok - I think TFY and I (and some others) were getting on to a different category of bad boy than the ones you meant.

It's hard to know what goes on in the mind of a celebrity. They may want a social near-equal, someone to enable or possibly to clean up after their drug abuse/keep them from "taking things too far". Also maybe someone they believe they can emotionally control in ways similar to what are already discussed. Those are just guesses though.

Edited by mark clemson
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, snowcones said:

If you hate the concept then you're probably not going to know why bad boys are attracted to good girls.

Why would anyone here hate the concept?  We don't care; we're just trying to answer your question.  Sorry we're not giving you the answer you want.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, snowcones said:

I'm sensing that you guys just hate the idea of a "good girl".  Again, their own husbands said they were good girls and commented on the contrasting dynamic, but I'm not here to discuss celebrities.  I asked a general question about a general concept of why bad boys are attracted to good girls, and all you haters of the concept came in the thread.  If you hate the concept then you're probably not going to know why bad boys are attracted to good girls.

@snowcones when I asked for clarification on what you mean by 'bad boys' you delivered celebrities as examples - this is why the thread took the turn that way.   Also, there's no 'hating' of the concept.  Just debate about what the concept is and whether it's true.

Perhaps you could describe the behaviour of a 'bad boy' in every day life who has a good girl as a partner and we can get back on track.

• Like 1
  • Author
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

It seems like bad boys are more attracted to bad girls. The "good" ones may be too boring.

That's what I was thinking!

• Author
52 minutes ago, basil67 said:

@snowcones when I asked for clarification on what you mean by 'bad boys' you delivered celebrities as examples - this is why the thread took the turn that way.   Also, there's no 'hating' of the concept.  Just debate about what the concept is and whether it's true.

Perhaps you could describe the behaviour of a 'bad boy' in every day life who has a good girl as a partner and we can get back on track.

Sorry about that.  Sometimes I feel like people deliberately come into threads just to attack the person making it, or to be difficult because they are bored.  I thought that was going on in here.  Anyway, I'll give the benefit of the doubt (to some of you  *side-eye look*).    You want me to describe the behavior of a bad boy and good girl?  Uh oh, this thread might end up getting incredible long due to people being offended or disagreeing, but okay.  I saw it a lot in high school and college.  My old roommate in college who was a good girl, she came from a good family, grew up in the church, was very conservative, dressed and acted conservatively, girl next door type, never broke any rules or went against her parents, wants nothing more than to lead a traditional life.  Some street dude who is an aspiring DJ or some s*** who is constantly high, has a bunch of loser friends that he just wants to get high with, didn't/barely graduated high school, curses like a sailor, on the verge of committing a crime or has a record, and thinks it's cool to dress like a slob. Again, I am not asking why SHE is attracted to him, I am asking why HE is attracted to her.

I wrote all that because it's probably going to make y'all argue more, but in all honestly, I just so happened to listen to an episode of "Where should we begin"? Podcast today and the host addressed this very topic and I GOT MY ANSWER.  How lucky! :)  Anyway, she said that, we often unconsciously pick someone who is complementary, "Many of is are drawn to partners whose proclivities match our vulnerabilities. The attraction stems from the fantasy that they can bring us the parts of ourselves that we want more of, and yet often the very thing that we choose them for will be what leads to conflict and ends the relationship."   In other words, what was initially attractive to them because they wished they could be more like that, then becomes a source of conflict, unhappiness and ultimately destruction of the relationship.

Edited by snowcones
  • Like 1

Dont know what you mean with bad guy. A player or a thug???

And maybe they think and feel like  """good girls/guy"" may be virgin,innocent, a good coverup,naive, easy to fool and control and it may help them hide their bad image.They may see  also a good victim in them.So of you are a """good girl or guy"" like you love God, education legal jobs ,live a decent life ,dont even hang or entertain bad guys. Play even deaf and walk by hard.😉

They will mess up your life.