What makes bad boys attracted to good girls

I'm a girl so I know why girls are attracted to bad boys, but I'm wondering why bad boys are attracted to good girls?  What's the dynamic or the psychology behind this?  Why don't they find the good girls to be too boring?  Obviously, I'm talking about the bad boys that actually go for good girls, so you don't have to describe any other dynamic.  I'm just curious on why a bad boy would be attracted to a good girl.  Any insight on this?

I’m a woman and don’t know why girls/women are attracted to bad boys/men.  Seems stupid to get involved with a guy who’s a criminal or liar.  

ARE bad boys attracted to good girls?  And are we talking about bagging a naive girl or a relationship?   I was a good girl and certainly didn’t attract bad boys.

• Author
1 hour ago, basil67 said:

ARE bad boys attracted to good girls?  And are we talking about bagging a naive girl or a relationship?   I was a good girl and certainly didn’t attract bad boys.

I'm sure there is every variation possible, but in this thread I am asking why bad boys are attracted to good girls (when they are).

I really don't think it matters what the end goal is, but I can think of a couple of specific cases where a notorious bad boy married a good girl.  I'm just wondering what they like.  If you don't know, or haven't had that experience to draw on, that's okay, maybe someone else does.

Edited by snowcones

The reason I asked about the end goal would be because there could be different motivations.   

With the bad boy, I would imagine a naive girl could be easier to trick into casual sex.  For a relationship, I would imagine he's a hypocrite and wants someone who hasn't been around as much as him or has no reputation.   Perhaps he sees her as not able to stand up to him and so she's easier to dominate or scare into submission.   After all, that his whole reputation is based on his bad actions means that his motivations with women are not going to be well intentioned.   

• Like 1
  • Author
8 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

They are attracted to anybody. Not good girls in particular.

That's possible!

I'm just wondering why they (bad boy) would pick a good girl in a case where he could have any girl....

the men are attracted to girls who are good looking, be they good or bad

• Like 4

Every women believes they are a good women. Most women are wonderful humans. There are a lot of great women out there. You need to realize that as good as you think you are, there is always someone better. You need to just keep striving to be better everyday. 

There are no good girls.  No one is perfect we all have our faults.  But I agree men are attracted to pretty women and it doesn't matter if they consider them good or bad.  A lot of men find assertive,  pretty women very sexy.

• Like 3
  • Author

Oooh okay,  Yeah you're probably right.  They just like pretty women and don't care about good or bad.

Easier to manipulate. A good girl is likely to believe she must be 'special' to have his attention despite not being like him. There is also the subconscious fairytale taming of the monster sort of thing going on. A bad girl, almost by definition, rejects all social stereotypes like that. She is not likely to think of herself as a special snowflake and has no desire to be so. Consequently, she's often actually harder for the bad boy to date.

• Like 4
  • Author
58 minutes ago, Andy_K said:

Easier to manipulate. A good girl is likely to believe she must be 'special' to have his attention despite not being like him. There is also the subconscious fairytale taming of the monster sort of thing going on. A bad girl, almost by definition, rejects all social stereotypes like that. She is not likely to think of herself as a special snowflake and has no desire to be so. Consequently, she's often actually harder for the bad boy to date.

Interesting!!!  Damn!

Edited by snowcones
mark clemson
4 hours ago, Andy_K said:

Easier to manipulate.

I think it depends on what kind of "bad boy" you are talking about, but I suspect for some this might be true and some may see the "good girl" as naive (which she often will be in some ways) and so also easier to gaslight and possibly less independent and so more tolerant of abuse. All in all a better "victim" should he need her to become one.

Edited by mark clemson

I dated a “bad girl” for awhile and I’m a “good guy”. She tended to flip between good and bad. The guy she was with before me was a drug dealer. After the drama that came with dating someone “bad” she liked the calm that came with someone “good”. But then got bored and wanted the excitement of someone “bad” again. Round and round she went.

Maybe a similar dynamic with bad boys?

thefooloftheyear

They're all good til they go bad.....😛

But really....What is a "bad boy".?  Is it just a guy with an attitude, some ink and a Harley?   Or is it an actual criminal/?   I think the lines have been heavily blurred 

But there is a thing, and I have witnessed it several times, most notably with a long term buddy of mine...He has no money, no real solid career, isn't even all that good looking or anything...But he has that persona....And he has historically gone for "good'" women or maybe good is being mischaracterized as naive and gullible...But anyway, this guy latches onto these women so they can float him and help him sustain his lifestyle...He knows many savvy women wont put up with that crap...But these guys find a way to pull it off...I know this guy has no problem finding these women and they support him($)...Its just a survival tactic for the guys that don't want to kill themselves working like a lot of us do...Its not for me, but I can't knock them for it....it works just fine for them...

TFY

• Like 2
mark clemson

IMO these types of guys are emotional/relationship predators in a way, that know how to get women interested and/or hooked and prey on them for the basics of life (and sometimes more). And then he moves on to the next one. The woman gets something out of it too, but it's pretty clear it's usually to her ultimate detriment.

• Author

I don't know guys, the bad boys that I was thinking of as examples are millionaires, so they're not leeching off of the good girls.

3 minutes ago, snowcones said:

I don't know guys, the bad boys that I was thinking of as examples are millionaires, so they're not leeching off of the good girls.

What makes them "bad" in your eyes?

• Author
4 minutes ago, basil67 said:

What makes them "bad" in your eyes?

Judge for yourself:  Tommy Lee and Bobby Brown.

SincereOnlineGuy
21 hours ago, snowcones said:

What makes bad boys attracted to good girls

Any insight on this?

Wanting a "victim".

Of course, well-established victims  make for much easier prey...     based on their responses to bad boys.

1 hour ago, snowcones said:

Judge for yourself:  Tommy Lee and Bobby Brown.

I don't know anything about them.   What makes them bad?   And is what you read in the media what they are like in real life?

mortensorchid

Why are bad boys attracted to good girls?  I don't think they are attracted to them in particular, I think they are looking for Mommy - as in for a woman who will take care of them.  They want a working girlfriend who will provide them with a place to live, pay their bills, etc.  Years ago I was with a bad boy, and he broke it off because I wouldn't let him move in with me.  He found a gal who would barely 6 months later and stayed with her for 3 years.