Why are guys are ok to kiss in the pandemic?

rainbow12

Ruby Slippers
3 minutes ago, Angelle said:

That's because they aren't only putting themselves at risk. 

I get that, but as @d0nnivain pointed out, people do their own risk-reward analysis. No amount of lecturing is going to alter that person's calculation or behavior.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
5 hours ago, Hopeful30 said:

I've known several people who were infected and recovered, including close family members. The virus did not spread to us. Yes, I know one individual (friends relative) who passed from it. He was much older and weaker immune system. Again, same as with the flu, not everyone catches it and not everyone dies from it.

Just because this is a new strain doesn't mean it's a tragedy. New viruses evolve all the time. I don't understand the panic. This is a flu, not tuberculosis or measles.

All the boys I've kissed agree with me. Looks like I've been having a better time than those quarantining themselves teehee.

I wish I had a dime for every person that said the bolded.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Thanks 1

I say this applies to all genders, not just necessarily males.

Alot of people are under the given impression that because there is no significant surge in cases or deaths lately that they are entirely immune to the disease. Obviously this is far from the case but people feel the need to think like this to get back to their previous lifestyles before lockdown happened.

Myself personally, I don't agree with the easing of quarantine/lockdown-like measures yet because the neglect that a majority of people around the world shows that ignoring the problem will inevitably make matters worse in the long run. With it also being summer where people have a tendency to increase their daily social activities is another indication for larger spread of contagion.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, manfrombelow said:

Because why not? The risk of getting Covid-19 (and even die from it) is just roughly the same as the risk of getting onto an airplane that'd crash. 

>130,000 people die from airplane crashes the the US in the space of about four months?   Dude, this is not OK.  I think you'd better have a word to your aviation authorities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, rainbow12 said:

Why are guys are ok to kiss in the pandemic where viruses are killing people? It's like the way they talk, they are ok with risking their life in order to release their sexual urges? They give wink faces and say I can keep the distance, but then I can't kiss you wink wink. I just don't get it? Why do they seem less bothered about it? Don't they care about their life? I do want to kiss on the 1st date, but I do the right thing in not doing it, why is it so hard to stop yourself from the other part of the gender?

Because they don't believe the virus is real or serious.  Not until it actually effects them will they believe it.

• Like 1
Hollywood-Tourist

I think it's all down to how serious you view this virus. If you couldn't care less, then of course you will want to kiss somebody. If you are cautious like I am, then kissing can wait.............but not indefinitely of course.

princessaurora

Men want sex, and kissing can lead to sex so they're going to start there and hope thats where it leads. Woman want sex too, but often they want to build an emotional connection beforehand. Some men have this need, but most can bang a girl at the drop of a hat. Its just the way they're built. I believe at first people were willing to go celibate to protect their health, but this has gone on for so long that the need to satisfy one''s natural urges is starting to overpower their fear of the virus and they're starting to take risks. This may go on for years and most people are not going to want to live without intimacy, companionship, and possibly finding someone to share their life with indefinitely. For some life may not be worth living if they can't have those things. So like others said, if you're not willing to kiss, you really shouldn't date. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
Philosopher

Kissing is a fairly big part of dating and is something that is likely to come early on in the dating process. Therefore if dating, a kiss has to be expected at some point during the first few dates.

If someone is concerned that they will contract the virus from a kiss, then it would be better if they did not to date at all until the pandemic is completely over, when they can be comfortable dating normally. If going on a dates now, both daters have to accept that there is a risk of contracting the virus from one anther. Staying 2 metres or 6 feet apart on dates does not really work.

• Like 1

It is not just the kissing, it is the talking, the breathing of each others air, the heavy breathing, the holding hands in fact anything that occurs  at close quarters.
There is also virus in the semen of infected men. Asymptomatic spread is common too. 
The virus loves it when people get close... that is the bottom line.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Kissing is a fairly big part of dating and is something that is likely to come early on in the dating process. Therefore if dating, a kiss has to be expected at some point during the first few dates.

If someone is concerned that they will contract the virus from a kiss, then it would be better if they did not to date at all until the pandemic is completely over, when they can be comfortable dating normally. If going on a dates now, both daters have to accept that there is a risk of contracting the virus from one anther. Staying 2 metres or 6 feet apart on dates does not really work.

2 metres is a safe an acceptable distance when dating i think. 

2 hours ago, elaine567 said:

It is not just the kissing, it is the talking, the breathing of each others air, the heavy breathing, the holding hands in fact anything that occurs  at close quarters.
There is also virus in the semen of infected men. Asymptomatic spread is common too. 
The virus loves it when people get close... that is the bottom line.

And the r rate is apparently increasing where i am now.

But people dont really care anymore 😂. As soon as the pubs opened everyone  went mad.

Philosopher
59 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

In these circumstances, for a first date, two metres is probably fine. However on subsequent dates I think it would be very hard if not impossible to build a deeper connection without some degree of physical contact. Stay two metres apart on dates two or three then it is not going to move beyond being friends.

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

In these circumstances, for a first date, two metres is probably fine. However on subsequent dates I think it would be very hard if not impossible to build a deeper connection without some degree of physical contact. Stay two metres apart on dates two or three then it is not going to move beyond being friends.

This way people can get to know each other without letting other things get in the way i.e physical feelings ( lust).

salparadise
3 hours ago, Roswell91 said:

Well, I don't know... the formula for risk is complex. The published guidelines have to be overly simplified for communication and public consumption/acceptance. Two meters, or six feet, is thought to be low risk for brief, incidental contact such as passing someone in the isle of a grocery store... but if you're sitting across the table sharing a meal, or on opposite ends of the couch watching a movie, you're almost certainly breathing enough of the same air to transmit the virus. Duration of exposure is thought to be just as important as distance. We know that people have been infected in restaurants at distances much greater than six feet, and it is now believed that the virus can linger in the air longer than previously thought.

As @Fresh_Start pointed out, the risk on a per-person percentage basis is relatively low... but multiplying that by the numbers in a bar, church, concert or other public gatherings makes it a different equation altogether. Every situation is going to have a certain risk factor that goes way beyond the simplified six foot rule. And, who you're coming into contact with is as important as how close or how long, because some PEOPLE are higher risk than others. But for public consumption and effectiveness we are asked to presume that every other person could be infected... except immediate family, because that would be impractical and compliance would fall apart.

One model of social distancing that was proposed by a European epidemiologist-sociologist suggested forming social groups of ten who would socialize freely with each other, but no one in the group would could belong to another group, or be exposed to anyone outside of their ten-person group. This would limit the virus' ability to spread freely throughout a population while allowing people to continue being social in a limited way. If someone in a group became infected, contact tracing and quarantine would be quick and effective. This is basically the same system we are using with immediate family except this model would allow some choice and include a few friends. Of course, compliance might be difficult, and there would certainly be hurt feelings when people are excluded.

As far as dating goes... meeting a bunch of strangers from a dating site in quick succession and getting hot and heavy is obviously a lot riskier than being strict about social distancing. But is it really that much worse than eating in a restaurant, or talking to various people without a mask? Probably similar risk. But in another scenario...

Two people who are otherwise strict about distancing, and confident that they have had little or no opportunity for exposure within the past two weeks... minimal risk of either being infected. As for kissing or having sex, if you're breathing the same air for more than a few minutes you're relying exclusively on that person not being infected, as opposed to preventing the possibility of transmission.

I don't think it's possible for most people, and certainly not a large population, to do strict social distancing for a long period of time. People are worn out already. I think we need to be smart and realistic about risk. I am in a high risk demographic myself. I don't live with family and don't have much opportunity for human interaction. So I will limit my socializing to relatively safe environments and others who are also being careful. Risk tolerance, low––kissing, yes! If you're breathing the same air kissing doesn't change the equation.

stillafool

I don't know why guys want to still kiss during this pandemic.  Probably their dicks make them go for it but you don't have to respond.  Just stay away from them.

• Like 1
On 7/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, Ruby Slippers said:

I get that, but as @d0nnivain pointed out, people do their own risk-reward analysis. No amount of lecturing is going to alter that person's calculation or behavior.

So we all should live in a bubble and in constant fear?  Why are you women going on dates if that is the case. This crap pisses me off because people have died with other medical issues, which surpasses the projected deaths.

Ruby Slippers

Of course not. I take reasonable precautions myself. I'm not going on dates. I'm recently single and making the best of hermit mode.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, salparadise said:

Well, I don't know... the formula for risk is complex. The published guidelines have to be overly simplified for communication and public consumption/acceptance. Two meters, or six feet, is thought to be low risk for brief, incidental contact such as passing someone in the isle of a grocery store... but if you're sitting across the table sharing a meal, or on opposite ends of the couch watching a movie, you're almost certainly breathing enough of the same air to transmit the virus. Duration of exposure is thought to be just as important as distance. We know that people have been infected in restaurants at distances much greater than six feet, and it is now believed that the virus can linger in the air longer than previously thought.

As @Fresh_Start pointed out, the risk on a per-person percentage basis is relatively low... but multiplying that by the numbers in a bar, church, concert or other public gatherings makes it a different equation altogether. Every situation is going to have a certain risk factor that goes way beyond the simplified six foot rule. And, who you're coming into contact with is as important as how close or how long, because some PEOPLE are higher risk than others. But for public consumption and effectiveness we are asked to presume that every other person could be infected... except immediate family, because that would be impractical and compliance would fall apart.

One model of social distancing that was proposed by a European epidemiologist-sociologist suggested forming social groups of ten who would socialize freely with each other, but no one in the group would could belong to another group, or be exposed to anyone outside of their ten-person group. This would limit the virus' ability to spread freely throughout a population while allowing people to continue being social in a limited way. If someone in a group became infected, contact tracing and quarantine would be quick and effective. This is basically the same system we are using with immediate family except this model would allow some choice and include a few friends. Of course, compliance might be difficult, and there would certainly be hurt feelings when people are excluded.

As far as dating goes... meeting a bunch of strangers from a dating site in quick succession and getting hot and heavy is obviously a lot riskier than being strict about social distancing. But is it really that much worse than eating in a restaurant, or talking to various people without a mask? Probably similar risk. But in another scenario...

Two people who are otherwise strict about distancing, and confident that they have had little or no opportunity for exposure within the past two weeks... minimal risk of either being infected. As for kissing or having sex, if you're breathing the same air for more than a few minutes you're relying exclusively on that person not being infected, as opposed to preventing the possibility of transmission.

I don't think it's possible for most people, and certainly not a large population, to do strict social distancing for a long period of time. People are worn out already. I think we need to be smart and realistic about risk. I am in a high risk demographic myself. I don't live with family and don't have much opportunity for human interaction. So I will limit my socializing to relatively safe environments and others who are also being careful. Risk tolerance, low––kissing, yes! If you're breathing the same air kissing doesn't change the equation.

Indoors risk of transmission is much higher.

Therefore people go on outdoor dates with a 2 metre distancing rule. 

At this point in time i will not meet anyone at a restaurant for example 

Edited by Roswell91
salparadise
7 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

Indoors risk of transmission is much higher.

Therefore people go on outdoor dates with a 2 metre distancing rule. 

People are dating, kissing, and having sex all over the place. All you have to do is browse the threads on LS to see that. Then other people are distancing so strictly... I see people driving in their cars alone wearing masks, as if being anywhere other than at home indoors is high risk. And others are going to bars and other public places in close proximity to strangers seemingly without a care in the world. It's as if people are unable to rationally assess the risk factors. I sure do hope they come up with a vaccine soon. Of all the ways to leave this earth, COVID is pretty close to the bottom of my list.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, salparadise said:

People are dating, kissing, and having sex all over the place. All you have to do is browse the threads on LS to see that. Then other people are distancing so strictly... I see people driving in their cars alone wearing masks, as if being anywhere other than at home indoors is high risk. And others are going to bars and other public places in close proximity to strangers seemingly without a care in the world. It's as if people are unable to rationally assess the risk factors. I sure do hope they come up with a vaccine soon. Of all the ways to leave this earth, COVID is pretty close to the bottom of my list.

I know trust me!!! I've seen people all over each other at my local park even 😂..and there i am on my own ( and im only in my twenties),  not  having had any form of social contact for four months now. Only because  i don't want to get it and pass  it onto the at risk groups im living  with!.

Im hoping it just dies out on its own. As vaccines can be pretty unreliable. 

On 7/2/2020 at 1:31 PM, Hopeful30 said:

I've known several people who were infected and recovered, including close family members. The virus did not spread to us. Yes, I know one individual (friends relative) who passed from it. He was much older and weaker immune system. Again, same as with the flu, not everyone catches it and not everyone dies from it.

Just because this is a new strain doesn't mean it's a tragedy. New viruses evolve all the time. I don't understand the panic. This is a flu, not tuberculosis or measles.

All the boys I've kissed agree with me. Looks like I've been having a better time than those quarantining themselves teehee.

I am sorry but while you  are busy kissing guys, educate yourself at the same time. This is not a flu, the flu is caused by different virus

at this time and level of technology and information that is out there, you have no excuse to be ignorant and spread false information, you have access to the internet, you might as well take 10 minutes of your time to be educated a bit about a disease that as you said killed someone you know! 

Edited by Noproblem
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Noproblem said:

I am sorry but while you  are busy kissing guys, educate yourself at the same time. This is not a flu, the flu is caused by different virus

at this time and level of technology and information that is out there, you have no excuse to be ignorant and spread false information, you have access to the internet, you might as well take 10 minutes of your time to be educated a bit about a disease that as you said killed someone you know! 

I think the OP has a selfish mindset of it won't effect me, only elders with other health conditions. 

But then again a lot of people have compared it to the flu, which i agree is total ignorance.

Sometimes even when someone  effected does not die the damage  done to the body is irreparable. E.g a man in his 50s woke up from a coma after 2 months and can barely function now. 

So yeah the selfish entitled attitudes of some people need to be changed.

Edited by Roswell91
On 7/2/2020 at 1:35 PM, d0nnivain said:

If you have concerns about the virus, stay of dating sites & stop acting like you are down to meet up -- take a risk -- when you are not willing to take that risk.  Understand that if you meet a man for a date, even in this pandemic that man will conclude that you are open to kissing.  Since you are not, take a break for a while until you feel more comfortable with the risk.  

I don't necessarily agree with this stance. I think some of us want to date (and remain socially distant eg. not kiss) to see how we get on. If we don't get on then its a non-starter. If we do get on, then if we are both still keen, then we can take our time, and meet again more socially when we are ready, in the knowledge that we already like that person. 

I understand that not everyone thinks this way, but some of us do.  

7 minutes ago, dangerous said:

I don't necessarily agree with this stance. I think some of us want to date (and remain socially distant eg. not kiss) to see how we get on. If we don't get on then its a non-starter. If we do get on, then if we are both still keen, then we can take our time, and meet again more socially when we are ready, in the knowledge that we already like that person. 

I understand that not everyone thinks this way, but some of us do.  

I second this.