Why are guys are ok to kiss in the pandemic?

rainbow12

6 minutes ago, manfrombelow said:

Let's not make this thread about Covid-19 please. None of us are virology experts so please don't try to act like one.

@OP: Now you have got the answer: Men risked kissing you despite the pandemic because to them it's worth it. Call it ignorance or stupidity or whatever, that's the answer for your question.

Not because its worth it. They barely even know her and vice versa 

Because they are not thinking with their brains. More down south. 

Yay! A thread where we can throw around the word "idiot", and point out how half the people in the world do not use their brains!

Mutual pats on the back, anyone?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
8 minutes ago, Giovane said:

Yay! A thread where we can throw around the word "idiot", and point out how half the people in the world do not use their brains!

Mutual pats on the back, anyone?

Well when people are dying left, right and centre in the world and There are those  going about it like no virus actually exists or its all bull..then its likely you will be hearing statements like that. 🤔

Not only on this thread.

Even more so from those who have personal experience of the disease and a loved one has passed because of it. 

Edited by Roswell91
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Hopeful30 said:

Viruses are always killing people. Are we really going to stop living just because of another pandemic? Besides, the regular flu has killed more people in this time, so I'm not too concerned.

I've been kissing plenty during this time lol

Actually that is false. Yearly flu compared to this virus, the virus has killed more people to date, and the year ain't over yet. Too many people are simply in denial. Not only does this virus kills people, it is killing young healthy people, it also giving people life long health issues like heart disease, kidney disease, stroke, neurological damage, respiratory diseases. It has been reported some cases signs and symptoms of the virus have reoccurred even weeks after getting over it. A vaccine might be 5 years out, especially if it mutates. You are playing with fire. Does someone you know has to die before it becomes a true reality? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

There are those  going about it like no virus actually exists or its all bull..

You cannot just equate that group with people who want to find a partner and kiss (even though there is a pandemic). It's not the same, and people shouldn't be too quick to assume.

Intimacy is a basic human need, and trying to shut that down is just delusional and inhumane.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
7 minutes ago, Giovane said:

You cannot just equate that group with people who want to find a partner and kiss (even though there is a pandemic). It's not the same, and people shouldn't be too quick to assume.

Intimacy is a basic human need, and trying to shut that down is just delusional and inhumane.

A lot of people are holding off on dating at least for the time being. Its not forever. 

I'd  be happy to see people whilst social distancing and being careful with hygiene  etc..but with no physical contact. Most likely no guy would be ok with that, so alone i may have to be. 

I guess not everyone can control themselves 😂

Edited by Roswell91
31 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

Well when people are dying left, right and centre in the world

People have also died, and will keep dying, because of climate change, brought about to no small degree by the European and North American lifestyle over the last couple of decades. And the information about that has been out long enough.

Does that give me the moral high ground over every person who ever took a long-distance flight that was not absolutely necessary, or that ever bought a car less economical than possible? There's only so much you can ask people to give up for the greater good without making yourself look silly.

I say it's iffy to ask people who are freshly in love to give up the desire to kiss, even in spite of a pandemic. If I did, I would feel hypocritical, because I have given in to personal desires even though I knew it's not optimal for mankind as a whole, and if you have ever in your life taken a long-distance flight to go on a fancy vacation, then you have, too.

• Like 4
  • Mad 1
Ruby Slippers

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths many men will go to in the quest for sex, the risks they'll take, the sometimes totally stupid things they'll do. I'm talking about otherwise intelligent, rational men.

If I were looking for a boyfriend on a dating site right now, he'd have to be VERY special for me to even meet him, let alone kiss him. I'm sure not as many women are eager to meet these days, which likely puts men even more into a scarcity mentality where they're just chomping at the bit to meet and get physical. I bet women who are active on dating sites now are getting more interest than ever!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Ruby Slippers said:

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths many men will go to in the quest for sex, the risks they'll take, the sometimes totally stupid things they'll do. I'm talking about otherwise intelligent, rational men.

If I were looking for a boyfriend on a dating site right now, he'd have to be VERY special for me to even meet him, let alone kiss him. I'm sure not as many women are eager to meet these days, which likely puts men even more into a scarcity mentality where they're just chomping at the bit to meet and get physical. I bet women who are active on dating sites now are getting more interest than ever!

Judging by the threads on this site. Plenty of women are still ok to meet in these times. 😂

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Ruby Slippers said:

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths many men will go to in the quest for sex

The world is full of amazement. I, for one, am amazed that some people try to make this argument a "guys"/"men" thing even though I'm sure that in, say, 8 out of 10 cases, maybe more, there are consenting women involved, too! 😂

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
12 minutes ago, Giovane said:

People have also died, and will keep dying, because of climate change, brought about to no small degree by the European and North American lifestyle over the last couple of decades. And the information about that has been out long enough.

Does that give me the moral high ground over every person who ever took a long-distance flight that was not absolutely necessary, or that ever bought a car less economical than possible? There's only so much you can ask people to give up for the greater good without making yourself look silly.

I say it's iffy to ask people who are freshly in love to give up the desire to kiss, even in spite of a pandemic. If I did, I would feel hypocritical, because I have given in to personal desires even though I knew it's not optimal for mankind as a whole, and if you have ever in your life taken a long-distance flight to go on a fancy vacation, then you have, too.

Ok you can't compare the two.

The pandemic is happening right now, if you or someone vulnerable gets the disease, they or you could be dead in a matter of weeks/months. 

Plenty of healthy people have succumbed to covid.

Edited by Roswell91
2 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

Ok you can't compare the two.

Agree to disagree, I think I can, and I will. I will not judge people for wanting to kiss.

Stay healthy, and have a blessed day. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
Fresh_Start

For most people, it's time for life to go on.  COVID-19 isn't going anywhere any time soon and it's likely that we won't see a vaccine until the first quarter of 2021 at best.  Thus far, less than 1% of the population in the United States has been infected and only 10% of those who have been infected have died.  Of the 10% that have died, which accounts for roughly 0.04% of the population in the U.S., more than 50% have been age 75 or older.  People who are age 44 or under account for less than 1% of those deaths and if you are under the age of 55 and venture outside the protective confines of your residence, you statistically have a greater chance of being struck by lightning than dying from COVID-19.

We have coexisted with pandemics in the past.  In 1957-58 we dealt with the Asian flu, which killed more than 100,000 Americans.  Number of days on lockdown: 0.  In 1968-69 we coexisted with the Hong Kong Flu, which also killed more than 100,000 Americans.  Number of days on lockdown: 0.  During that Hong Kong Flu pandemic, we even had Woodstock, where an audience of more than 400,000 people had gathered.  

If you feel you are at all vulnerable to the illness and don't feel like playing the lottery with your chances of getting it, then by all means observe every precaution and stay home as much as possible.  If you're sick, quarantine yourself.  For everybody else: let's live our lives the way we want to while doing our part to use PPE when necessary and observing common sense hygiene practices for the purpose of preventing another lockdown.  It will have the secondary benefit of curtailing the spread of the virus. And for the doomsday panic buyers: please leave me some toilet paper.    

Edited by Fresh_Start
  • Like 5
Happy Lemming
1 hour ago, Ruby Slippers said:

I'm the poster guy for doing stupid things in the "quest for sex".  The sketchy things I did and chances I took to get laid (during my youth) would make your head spin.  Way too many to list.

Its called testosterone... it overrides all common sense and prudent decision making.  It forces us (males) to throw caution to the wind in order to have sex.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Mad 2
Ruby Slippers

^ Yes, I'm aware! 

8 minutes ago, Fresh_Start said:

COVID-19 isn't going anywhere any time soon...

Yes. Knowing myself, having broken up with someone in June, I'll probably be ready to date again close to the end of this year. So I'm pretty sure I'll eventually be dating during the time of Coronavirus.

I imagine it will just make me pickier than usual - which could be a good thing, given my tendency to dive right in.

• Like 2

I’m not getting involved in this thread other than to point out the irony of offering others help in their dating life and/or conquest for a partner at the present moment, when they feel so strongly about remaining socially distanced and not dating. I’m really confused by that behaviour....🐸

introverted1

Without politicizing it, my take is that the people willing to date/kiss/have sex/whatever have decided that their personal risk is low and/or acceptable.  The people who are not willing to date/kiss/have sex/whatever have come to the opposite conclusion.  As with anything else, its a compatibility issue. 

Does your dating profile clearly state your parameters regarding physical contact during this time?  If not, perhaps it should.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, smackie9 said:

Actually that is false. Yearly flu compared to this virus, the virus has killed more people to date, and the year ain't over yet. Too many people are simply in denial. Not only does this virus kills people, it is killing young healthy people, it also giving people life long health issues like heart disease, kidney disease, stroke, neurological damage, respiratory diseases. It has been reported some cases signs and symptoms of the virus have reoccurred even weeks after getting over it. A vaccine might be 5 years out, especially if it mutates. You are playing with fire. Does someone you know has to die before it becomes a true reality? 

I've known several people who were infected and recovered, including close family members. The virus did not spread to us. Yes, I know one individual (friends relative) who passed from it. He was much older and weaker immune system. Again, same as with the flu, not everyone catches it and not everyone dies from it.

Just because this is a new strain doesn't mean it's a tragedy. New viruses evolve all the time. I don't understand the panic. This is a flu, not tuberculosis or measles.

All the boys I've kissed agree with me. Looks like I've been having a better time than those quarantining themselves teehee.

Edited by Hopeful30
  • Mad 1
20 minutes ago, Fox Sake said:

I’m not getting involved in this thread other than to point out the irony of offering others help in their dating life and/or conquest for a partner at the present moment, when they feel so strongly about remaining socially distanced and not dating. I’m really confused by that behaviour....🐸

Because we can't stop every person in the world from dating. 

OR change their point of view about it. 

And at the same time have the ability to still objectively give advice on their dating scenarios. 

Edited by Roswell91
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Hopeful30 said:

I've known several people who were infected and recovered, including close family members. The virus did not spread to us. Yes, I know one individual (friends relative) who passed from it. He was much older and weaker immune system. Again, same as with the flu, not everyone catches it and not everyone dies from it.

Just because this is a new strain doesn't mean it's a tragedy. New viruses evolve all the time. I don't understand the panic. This is a flu, not tuberculosis or measles.

All the boys I've kissed agree with me. Looks like I've been having a better time than those quarantining themselves teehee.

The flu has a vaccine. Covid does not.

The flu rarely effects young people, covid has had an effect on  every age group, whether they had underlying medical conditions or not. 

There is a vast amount of knowledge about  the flu, there is little to none about covid. 

The "boys you've kissed" are more likely than not unbothered/uneducated  about global pandemics which have effected thousands of people around the world. 

But anyway you probably have been having a better time than me and others quarantining 🤔, meeting all these random strangers.🙄

Edited by Roswell91
  • Like 4
44 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

Because we can't stop every person in the world from dating. 

OR change their point of view about it. 

And at the same time have the ability to still objectively give advice on their dating scenarios. 

Thanks. That’s fair enough. 
I’m just sensing a lot of anger and high-horses  in this thread and it kind of upset me. I’m probably letting my own family issues and mood today , interfere with my better judgment 

• Shocked 1
Ruby Slippers
20 minutes ago, Fox Sake said:

I’m just sensing a lot of anger and high-horses  in this thread 

I've noticed this for weeks on this forum. Lots of people lecturing others on what they can and cannot do. I realize these strange circumstances are causing a lot of fear and anxiety in people, so I try to overlook it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Ruby Slippers said:

I had forgotten that I was on a dating site, as I'd been filtering the messages to the trash, for some years now. I checked my trash for something in March, and I had a lot of messages, even though I hardly have anything on my profile. It kept up until the end of May, but I didn't respond to any of them. Not only because I was kind of involved with someone else, but I also had no interest in meeting up with this going on. 

9 minutes ago, Ruby Slippers said:

I've noticed this for weeks on this forum. Lots of people lecturing others on what they can and cannot do. I realize these strange circumstances are causing a lot of fear and anxiety in people, so I try to overlook it.

That's because they aren't only putting themselves at risk. 

• Thanks 1