What can I do to strengthen my knees?

• Author

Oh okay thanks.  I'm 179 lbs. and 6'1''.   Could I stand to loose some more weight with that height perhaps?

Also, I thought that the solution was not strengthening the knees, but finding a way to get cardio exercise without having to run, thus putting wear and tear on the knees.  Unless running is the only way to get the equivalent cardio exercise?

179lb isn't that heavy for a tall person, is it?. Were you much heavier in the past?

If you want to lose weight, eat less calories, and/ or burn calories with activity (can be cardio or strength, doesn't matter so much - just do enough of it, intensely. Broadly speaking, if you are breathing heavy or sweating then that is intense.  

The knees need to be repaired/ strengthened but you need to get over the injuries, so get some professional advice: maybe you are moving incorrectly, or there might be a historic injury or weakness. 

Good luck, and take it steady: progressively: these things take time, and the last thing you want is to cause new injuries or problems.

• Author

Oh I don't want to loose too mugh weight, otherwise I will be too skinny.  I lost about 20 pounds almost, since I lost my job, because of covid so I guess that could be be it?  But my knees have been hurting more since then though, but also, I have been exercising more since, because I have had more free time.

Edited by ironpony
Tammy798797

I think you should start jogging after healing, but you must find out the actual reason for their soreness. Their may be problem with your sneakers, or track.