Intergenerational Courtships

Some of these relationships work well, and others don't.  Some are healthy, and some are not (but some of these may still work, at least for a while).  I don't care if other people find it "icky," as long as the relationship is reasonably healthy.

The way you see and talk about women does not reflect how most individuals feel about themselves and the only kind of women who will put up with the behaviour are the ones you hope are too naive or have such broken boundaries that they won't realise. You are infantalising them and thinking only of how their existence serves you and fits into your world view. Women don't get degrees to better take care of you and they don't need your guidance and teachings. We're all human, and plenty of us manage to keep the wandering eye closed. 

You can be traditional without treating your partner like a side character in your life instead of the protagonist of theirs. 

• Like 3
On 9/2/2020 at 12:18 AM, awalns said:

which she responded by clapping in a happy manner.

Sounds like she's 12.  

• Like 2
  • Author
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:26 PM, Atwood said:

The way you see and talk about women does not reflect how most individuals feel about themselves and the only kind of women who will put up with the behaviour are the ones you hope are too naive or have such broken boundaries that they won't realise. You are infantalising them and thinking only of how their existence serves you and fits into your world view. Women don't get degrees to better take care of you and they don't need your guidance and teachings. We're all human, and plenty of us manage to keep the wandering eye closed. 

You can be traditional without treating your partner like a side character in your life instead of the protagonist of theirs. 

Well goody, good, good for you oh Almighty

• Author

And while we are at it the following need not apply for courtship:

Gold Diggers

Sugar Babies

Liberal Feminist/Career Women

• Author
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 3:56 PM, central said:

Some of these relationships work well, and others don't.  Some are healthy, and some are not (but some of these may still work, at least for a while).  I don't care if other people find it "icky," as long as the relationship is reasonably healthy.

Thank you; well said!!

4 hours ago, awalns said:

Speak for yourself. I can take or leave feminism, depending on how strong it is, but I've always insisted my wife have a job. In my case I would respect her a lot less if she didn't + I want her to bring in extra money.

Different things work for different people. Her having a job works for me. I don't want to HAVE TO support us both.

4 hours ago, awalns said:

And while we are at it the following need not apply for courtship:

I don't think you need to be worried about attracting them...

• Like 7
On 9/3/2020 at 6:56 AM, central said:

I think most of us would agree with you.   It's the lack of 'healthy' in what the OP is suggesting which is raising eyebrows.   Not many are in favour of a marriage where the woman is essentially taught and raised by the husband and has his rules thrust upon her

• Like 2

I'm having strong doubts about the happy clapping of hands by this young woman - as we say here in Oz, "it doesn't pass the pub test".  The clapping is fake or the woman is fake.