All out of ideas...

Thelambofdeth

RecentChange
28 minutes ago, Thelambofdeth said:

Lols the last thing I need is a stylist. I could be a stylist. That's the issue. And since when are black jeans nerdy? My style is either slighty gothy or totally high-fashion. Nothing is nerdy about tapered, slim-fit designer jeans. If I were to gain confidence from attire, that would've already happened in one of the Tom Ford of SLP suits I own. I may look like a pompous ass at times...or a conceited douche, but I'm sure nerd is the last thing I'd be mistaken for.

Okay I'll take your word for it - guess it's been working so well for you.

Curious, what industry do you work in? And outside of work, where is it appropriate to don designer suits?

Perhaps it's because I am in San Francisco -  the finance / law industry yet surrounded by tech.

There is a lot of money here, and again, perhaps it's my social circles (equestrian - show jumping) - but I am used to a different look that seems widely attractive to women (ie something like this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQdG_ZDzAmyWGk8xqt5wA_Zh409P3V8tpxT6VMl6eKrLMchlHIR )

But if almost goth and tailored black jeans are your thing - I suppose jeans and sports coat aren't really your thing.

Both gothy and high fashion have a feminin flair to them - some women are attracted to it, but I wouldn't say the majority.

• Author
Thelambofdeth
14 hours ago, RecentChange said:

Okay I'll take your word for it - guess it's been working so well for you. Curious, what industry do you work in? And outside of work, where is it appropriate to don designer suits? Perhaps it's because I am in San Francisco -  the finance / law industry yet surrounded by tech........

Hmmm...I don't really know what your point is. I didn't say my current style was "working" well in terms of attracting women. Obviously it's not. But you were insinuating that I didn't have a sense of style and that's objectively false. That's what I was saying.

I still don't see why wearing designer suits is deemed "inappropriate". Dressing well is just good manners. I work in downtown Baltimore, and as soon as you go to D.C. you see men in suits everywhere. Sure, maybe don't wear a suit to a beach or concert, but I find it hard to believe it should be out of place at say, a wine bar.

I don't live in California, and I don't dress the way I do to try and exude wealth, its trendy, for women or w/e. I simply dress that way because I like it. I don't really dress reflective of the picture you provided. Certainly not as...colorful. Add a tie, a vest, fitted black dress pants, and make it black and that's closer to what I normally wear. I can't dictate what women widely find attractive or base my entire wardrobe on what they may possibly like. That varies, anyway. And leads to a slippery slope.

I said said goth or high fashion. Its very easy to incorporate both and there's many goth-infused high fashion brands available. (Black)Jeans I can certainly implement and I almost always wear a blazer.

Probably not, but the majority of women aren't going to be attracted to me, regardless of what I wear. I can't control if they think its fem or not. I can't predict or change assumptions. I could go out and dress just like everyone else...then what? Now all the good-looking guys look better and we're dressed the same. That's pretty hopeless.

Edited by Thelambofdeth
Truncate quote
  • Like 1
On 1/5/2020 at 2:23 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

Ok, plastic surgery then.

According to you:

• You don't like most women, which severely limits your dating pool
  • You are not attractive to most women and only people who look very good have a chance in the dating world. That also limits your dating pool
  • You  might have a chance if you are ugly with great social skills, but there is no way for you to improve your social skills. That pretty much empties your dating pool

The only way for you is to change your face. Get rid of the ugly mug shot and present the shiny new you to the world. I think now we're getting somewhere.

But let me guess, the risks of plastic surgery? That would not be you anymore? You would only attract shallow women with your bad luck? You don't have the money and you can't focus on earning money because you are so depressed because of your lack of success with women?

So, what about my suggestion? I think that's a pretty good one. Lots of women and men got plastic surgery and look better now. A lot of the Hollywood stars had plastic surgery: Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, Natalie Portman, Selma Hayek, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, and any many, many more. Sure, they had talents, but without their looks, they might not have become the stars that they are today.

• Author
Thelambofdeth
6 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

So, what about my suggestion? I think that's a pretty good one. Lots of women and men got plastic surgery and look better now. A lot of the Hollywood stars had plastic surgery: Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, Natalie Portman, Selma Hayek, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, and any many, many more. Sure, they had talents, but without their looks, they might not have become the stars that they are today.

If I was looking to become an actor, it would be a marvelous suggestion. But I'm not, so it isn't. It's actually possibly damaging advice to advise someone with low self-worth to mutilate themselves to gain affinity from strangers, considering it could conjure and compound irreparable damage going forward, but hey...what do I know? But I do know I'm not looking to become a star. Simply meet women. Not to mention all those people were already extremely conventionally attractive to begin with. They opted for surgery not to meet people, but meet the demands of literal Hollywood, of which I have no deluded aspirations for.

I've been looking into supplements like phenibut, and I'm just going to go with that and gauge the results.

Edited by Thelambofdeth
6 minutes ago, Thelambofdeth said:

If I was looking to become an actor, it would be a marvelous suggestion. But I'm not, so it isn't. It's actually possibly damaging advice to advise someone with low self-worth to mutilate themselves to gain affinity from strangers, considering it could conjure and compound irreparable damage going forward, but hey...what do I know? But I do know I'm not looking to become a star. Simply meet women. Not to mention all those people were already extremely conventionally attractive to begin with. They opted for surgery not to meet people, but meet the demands of literal Hollywood, of which I have no deluded aspirations for.

I've been looking into supplements like phenibut, and I'm just going to go with that. Literally the only way I can function socially around women is on acid, so I'll look into influencers.

No, it was actually a very logical conclusion. It's either dashing looks or excellent social skills. The latter is an unatttainable goal for you, but the former offers a lot of potential.

For example, a lot of women in the US get breast augmentation, regular women. It seems nearly every second woman in the age agroup 18-34 had surgery done on her breasts in 2018: https://www.statista.com/statistics/281321/breast-augmentation-procedures-among-us-adults-by-age/ Not many of them would call their body enhancement a mutilation, au contraire, it will raise their self-confidence and increase their chances on the dating market. I am somewhat surprised you are not willing to undergo the same effort to feel better about yourself as the women in your target age group do.

But of course, taking drugs is also a fairly safe way to overcome your problem. It certainly is cheaper than plastic surgery. On the other hand, should you experience bodily harm due to possible side effects, you wouldn't be able to sue your drug dealer, while with a botched surgery, you might have a chance in court of getting a couple million dollars from your plastic surgeon. Being very rich is also quite attractive. That might be even more interesting than good looks. A lot of women like men with money.  

Hi all,

I think @Thelambofdeth has had a great opportunity to receive lots of feedback here on things he could do in his quest for seeking out companionship. You've provided some wonderful insights for him to consider, yet I'm not sure the back and forth is getting anywhere very fast.

We'll be closing this thread to further replies.

Best,
Paul

• Thanks 1