A new LoveShack.org is just around the corner...

• Board of Directors

Dear LoveShack.org Community Members,

When a group of like-minded individuals began this journey twenty-two years ago this month in a small corner of a much smaller internet, we never imagined the impact and connections we would form with you along the way. Founded as a refuge for exploring the intricacies (and, more than occasionally, complexities) of the interpersonal relationships that define, shape, and color our collective human experience, LoveShack.org has become a home to a global community seeking to improve, understand, and connect with each other.

Those beginnings, just shy of a quarter of a century ago, can be traced from its origins on an archaic Internet Relay Chat (IRC) server hosted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, through multiple expansions on the web using increasingly complex technologies. We've seen no fewer than five major infrastructure changes, and have had our share of bumps in the road--learning, growing, and trying to simply keep afloat. Through prolonged outages, controversies, and a bit of good spirited humor, the bonds we've made and the countless volunteers who have given so much for so little have managed--in spite of it all--to keep this family together.

A group of volunteers have been working behind the scenes over the past few years on a roadmap to make a series of technological and administrative improvements to LoveShack.org, modernizing the experience of interacting within our community, and bringing greater transparency and accountability to the decisions our community moderators make. While things have taken longer than we would have wished, in the next few weeks you'll start to see significant changes, starting with much needed site improvements and upgrades. We promise to keep you informed, and we plan on sharing a few sneak peeks along the way.

We each have our stories, both those we've shared and those that remain unspoken, that unite us in our collective charge. We have each achieved unimaginable personal successes and have each experienced Earth-shattering defeat and loss. We've both gained and lost family members, partners, lovers, and friends along the way; we've become parents, spouses, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and significant others. We've mourned together, loved together, and laughed together. And today, we are setting off on a new path on this journey to a new platform that will continue to grow with us and support the cherished connections we make here in the years to come.

You can join in the conversation in this thread, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook, where we'll post real time updates once we start the switch.

I personally appreciate each and every one of you and look forward to sharing more with you soon.

Best,

Paul

• Like 11

Hey Paul!!! :bunny:

It’s so nice to see you, thank you so much for everything old and new, it’s all good!!

I hope you’ve been well :love:

Can we subscribe yet?

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

Paul, what a delight to read your post today!

Thank you for all you've done to provide loveshack.org! I can't even imagine the investment in time, work and resources it has taken to keep it going.

God bless, not only in your efforts with LoveShack but in your life in every way! :)

• Like 2

Wow! That is wonderful news. Can't wait to learn more. LS is really important to me and I'm so happy to see your post, Paul. Thank you!

• Like 2

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like change! Don't change it up too much! (Like the color scheme, keep that! It's so LS!)

• Like 1

Great to hear from you Paul! Really excited to see what the new version will look like!

Thanks for all the effort you and others have put into the site over the years!

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like change! Don't change it up too much! (Like the color scheme, keep that! It's so LS!)

keep the color scheme?? WTF WWIU :laugh:

Thank you! :) I hope it’s easier on my eyes. I’m on mobile almost 100% of the time and let me tell you... that’s some hard reading. I do love the color scheme it is now. All pink and lovey.

• Author
  • Board of Directors

Hi K.K.,

Thank you! :) I hope it’s easier on my eyes. I’m on mobile almost 100% of the time and let me tell you... that’s some hard reading. I do love the color scheme it is now. All pink and lovey.

We posted a sneak peek of how the updated site will look like on smaller screens. It's notably less pink, but... in a good way? :)

Best,

Paul

Hi K.K.,

We posted a sneak peek of how the updated site will look like on smaller screens.

Very nice! I would love to be able to read/respond on the phone.

I hope the "like" feature returns. All the modern discussion sites have a way to incentivize good posts. And we already have years and years worth that hopefully won't be lost.

• Like 1
  • Author
  • Board of Directors
Very nice! I would love to be able to read/respond on the phone.

I hope the "like" feature returns. All the modern discussion sites have a way to incentivize good posts. And we already have years and years worth that hopefully won't be lost.

Likes (and more) are on the way back. Here's a peek at what's to come.

• Like 2
  • Author
  • Board of Directors
Is it going to be an app? Or just a Twitter acct?

I’m hoping I don’t have to start a Twitter acct ??

Neither, S2B. We're just sharing sneak peeks on Twitter and Facebook. Your existing LoveShack.org account will continue working just like you left it.

• Like 2