Ambien as suggested by alphamale is very effective but has side effects about ones libido and dudes particularly.

Take it after the sex.

Otherwise sex also puts me to sleep every time.

• Author

Okay thanks, but now I am starting to doubt it may be PE though, cause the yesterday, I had a much better orgasm than usual, and I still had insomnia after, so maybe PE is not the issue when sex is causing it therefore.

As for sleeping medications, is Ambien one that can be taken every day that I would like to have sex, which is quite a bit if I can, or is it not good to take long term?

You can't take Ambien every day long-term, and you'd have difficulty finding a doctor who will give you that much Ambien.

Given that you said you have sex 2-3 times a week (if I recall correctly), Ambien should be fine though.

• Author

Well we normally like to have sex everyday if possible. We've been trying to do in the morning before work, to make up for the evenings, but it's hard for me to get in the mood in the morning, as there since it's before work, you gotta keep your eyes on the clock, and there is a time limit more, which I don't like and cannot enjoy it as much. So I would like to go back to almost every evening if possible. Is there any medication that is good for every evening, or close to?

I tried melatonin but all that does is make me tired, but I'm still awake.

Is there any medication that is good for every evening, or close to?

If you found one you'd be a billionaire.

normalmente el sexo despues de hacerlo, lo que le produce al individuo es una total relajacion, el insomnio podria ser a consecuencia de otra cosa

• Author

Well we would like to have more sex on work evenings if possible rather than just keep on saving it for the weekend most of the time, so is there anything I can take more often than Ambien that is just as strong?

• 2 months later...
  • Author

I've taken a combination of medicines to help cure my insomnia, such as lavender, melatonin, and tryptophan, but even when I take them alltogether, I still only get about 4-5 hours of sleep per night and still very tired as a result the next day.

Is there anything I can do to get a full nights sleep? The insomnia has also been causing me to gain weight, cause since I am so tired, I am not able to exercise as much as I use to. Is there anything I can do to get more sleep?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
merged threads, update title

If you haven't quit caffeine, you need to start with that and give it two months to work. Even if you only drink it in the morning, it is still an addiction that messes up your sleep habits and energy levels.

You should exercise maybe an hour before bed and tire yourself out too. I don't say right before in case that just increases your metabolism.

If you've tried everything, I'd recommend a sleep clinic. I've never tried it but have a friend who has and I believe it worked for him.

LivingWaterPlease

You could try valerian root powder and passion fruit powder which is what I do when melatonin and lavender oil aren't powerful enough for me.

I'd also recommend daily exercise but noticed you already exercise. I find that if I exercise in the evening, though, it keeps me awake at night.

Something I do that usually puts me to sleep after I'm in bed is to pray. It really relaxes me and I'll usually hardly get started and fall asleep.

Other than that, I would say it's an issue with stress and to try to cut stress out of your life. I know, though, that's easier said than done.

Seems if you have stress in your life you've probably already done all you can to cut down on it.

• Like 1

So I had been sleeping awful for at least 6 or 7 years. I would wake up if I had to guess, 20-30 times a night. I would toss and turn probably 100 times. I Never like marijuana, or cared for it, but I had an occasion where I was playing a sport several days in a row and my entire body was beat down and sore and a couple of nagging injuries, to use it. Sometimes I just couldn't get my 'head' to stop and fall asleep either, mostly I could never feel relaxed in any position for more than a few seconds. I took a few puffs and it basically numbed my body to the point of total relief and I slept like a baby that night.

Fast forward a couple of years and I am having the same issue. Dr. suggested a sleep clinic, would have cost me about $700. At the same time I was waiting for a call to make the appointment, I happened to get a pen and CBD oil from a friend. I took a hit, immediately went to bed and slept perfectly. So now when I have trouble, I take a hit, immediately go to bed and sleep awesome. Different kinds have different effects, but the ones I use basically sort of 'numb' you from the neck down to the point your body relaxes and you can feel your trouble spots relaxing. Putting my head on my pillow feels amazingly comfortable. Before, I would lay down and would only be comfortable in one position for about 30 seconds then have to turn. Now, I lay there and instead of being awake for 2 hours before I semi-fall asleep, I get immediately comfortable and relaxed and I'm out in 10 minutes.

I was taking a hit every night for like 5-6 weeks, then stopped. The first couple of nights after I stopped I had trouble sleeping again. After that, I have been able to sleep without needing anything about 95% of the time. If I feel restless or have aches that keep me up, I take a hit and fall right asleep.

It's legal in my state, so if it's legal in yours you might want to ask a doctor about it. You'd have to ask people that know better than me, but I get the oil cartridges for the pen and certain ones are more relaxing and don't really have much of a buzz where other ones have a bigger buzz and I feel are less relaxing. I don't know with all the stuff in the news about how safety or potential issues, I just know that for me I was at my wits end and after 7 years of feeling like I slept 30 minutes a night during an 8 hour time span and it was a life saver. I hate smoking it and don't particularly want to so the oil has been great without a lot of the negatives, but with recent reports you may want to consider alternatives. I have friends in the medical profession and from what I hear they say marijuana basically has the same effect as a lot of medicines they would prescribe with less downside, it's just not ever going to make it into hospitals because of the pharmaceutical industry blocking it. Just something you can look into with your doctor if you are interested.

• Like 3

No screen time 1 hour before bed.

Consistent sleep habits. Wake/go to bed same times daily.

Magnesium.

Meditate. One breath in. One breath out.

Have a beautiful day my friend!!!!

I've suffered from insomnia my entire life and cannabis alleviates it.

Before I had constant access to it, my insomnia was unreal.

When it was very bad, I'd have up to 3 sleepless nights.

Tossing and tossing in the bed all night long.. watching the sun come up.

I used to hate going to bed sometimes because I could tell when I was going to have "one of those nights".

I feel your pain.

Everyone's system is different, so YMMV, but for me cannabis works. I rarely have a sleepless night now. If you have access, try it.

Make sure to get an indica strain if you do.

I’ve had really bad insomnia for about 25 years, as long as I’ve been working (go figure). I found a doc that was supportive of me finding my own combo of drugs. The only thing that has ever worked for me is Remeron (mirtazapine). I take it as needed, cutting the smallest dose in half. It helps with anxiety too. There are some side effects, the most notorious being weight gain - it will make you crave carbs like a world champion. But as you get used to it, the side effects lessen. I swap it out with Ativan (lorazepam) as needed. Not all docs are keen on prescribing that as it has potential for addiction. I really don’t like taking this stuff, and when I’m away from work I can sleep fine without them.

I tried a sleep clinic. The one I went to seemed only interested in apnea, which I don’t have. Also, be careful with Tylenol. I took that and ibuprofen pretty much every night for a long time, and ended up in the ER one day with severe stomach pain. I still have stomach issues even with being off that stuff for months. It destroys your stomach lining.

Tylenol PM works pretty well and so does Benadryl.

I used to try benadryl to help me sleep. My late brother suffered from insomnia as well and he had some success with benadryl but for me it was awful.

Something about that med would have me right on the very edge of sleep.. that feeling when you just know you're about to finally drift off, and that is where it would keep me. It was as bad as the insomnia. Sleepus interruptus.:laugh:

It also leaves me groggy for a full day.

major_merrick

Try a new combination. Melatonin, 5-HTP, and Benedryl. My husband uses it, and it can even take the edge of his insomnia. Before he found this combination, he used Benedryl and lots of alcohol. That wasn't so good. For me, I just need sex late in the evening and a comfy place to curl up.

Like everything, it is very user-specific. For example, cannabis does nothing to me. My body is completely resistant to THC. Super sensitive to Benedryl. Life is weird.

I've taken a combination of medicines to help cure my insomnia, such as lavender, melatonin, and tryptophan, but even when I take them alltogether, I still only get about 4-5 hours of sleep per night and still very tired as a result the next day.

Is there anything I can do to get a full nights sleep? The insomnia has also been causing me to gain weight, cause since I am so tired, I am not able to exercise as much as I use to. Is there anything I can do to get more sleep?

Here's what I suggest which worked for me big time, but it requires some big-time discipline, meditation. I know meditation isn't for many but trust me on this. Now, I don't meditate now, unfortunately, but every time I've meditated in the past afterwards I literally feel like jello and fall asleep like a baby. Heck, I sleep sometimes during mediation. Put on a headset, quite your room almost completely, sit in a comfortable position and put on some meditation music from youtube or something. Trust me, if you can sit through 30 to 40 minutes of mediation you'll hopefully be good. And if it doesn't it just means you might need to try it more often until you're able to relax. When I've had insomnia it's ALWAYS due to stress, anxiety and overthinking. That's all this is. Also, diet might be important too. Like what I would do is drink a large cup of water around 2 to 3 hours before your normal bedtime so that way you're not having to pee in the middle of the night. Absolutely NO caffeine whatsoever. And keep taking those other natural supplements. I wish you some beautiful REM sleep!

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
Tylenol PM works pretty well and so does Benadryl.

Every so often I have trouble sleeping, so I reach for the benadryl, as well. I got the "generic" version at Sam's Club (600 count bottle) for about $4.50 (US). Small price to pay for a good nights sleep.

Sounds goofy, but it seems to have made a difference for me -

Get a weighted blanket. They are heavy and reduce your tossing and turning which for many, including me, means you stay asleep longer and therefore more deeply.

Sounds goofy, but it seems to have made a difference for me -

Get a weighted blanket. They are heavy and reduce your tossing and turning which for many, including me, means you stay asleep longer and therefore more deeply.

I have found what you said to be true. When winter hits I usually double-up on blankets and I always notice that I sleep a lot better because I feel like I didn't toss and turn as much.

• Author

Okay thanks, I will try the suggestions and see the doctor again. I find that because of my job, the only time I have to exercise is the evenings, but that keeps me awake. Yesterday, on my day off, I exercised after I got out of bed, and then later that night, I slept better. On my days off it's better it seems, cause I can exercise earlier, but not all days off, some it doesn't seem to work.