What is the weirdest thing you've had happen on a date?

Trail Blazer

toomanyquestions123
Bumble isn't the only dating app out there, and why would you not use it again in general because of those situations?

Because it's hectic and you meet a lot of weirdos over there, and i waste my time talking to them and getting excited only to get disappointed after a while. I don't like Tinder, it's mostly a sex app here, bumble is more decent but men lie a lot about their intentions when all they want is basically sex. Is there any other app you recommend?

newyorker11356
Because it's hectic and you meet a lot of weirdos over there, and i waste my time talking to them and getting excited only to get disappointed after a while. I don't like Tinder, it's mostly a sex app here, bumble is more decent but men lie a lot about their intentions when all they want is basically sex. Is there any other app you recommend?

Coffee Meets Bagel and Hinge

HumanMachine
Ahh great thread and many interesting stories!:laugh:

I was going through a pretty crazy phase at 18 after I had moved out into an amazing apartment to live on my own - I was clubbing often, sometimes in the middle of the week while still working extra hours + studying, etc etc.

Well I was out one night and the girl I was with decided to give my number to a guy I had been dancing with. I honestly had no idea what he looked like, I didn't know what his name was, I didn't know anything about him.. I was drunk, nightclubs are loud and dark, you don't expect to see them ever again anyway (or recognize them).

Me and the girl left at 4AM and 3h later the guy texts me, asking if I wanted to go out for lunch the same day.. I blew him off because I was starting to feel a bit hungover. So he said that we should meet again in a week, that he'll be out of town for some time. I agreed but pretty much just forgot about it, to be honest. I had no idea who I was talking to.

So one week later, he texted me again. He wanted to take me to dinner in a romantic French themed restaurant. I was very reluctant because I didn't know who he was and I don't like romantic dinners as first dates, that's too intimate too soon for me. But my friend convinced me to go! What's the worst that could happen?

We met. Well, I was a bit early and waited outside in -20C weather in my dress and light coat (my stupidity there), he was 5 min late. He brought me one of those chocolate surprise eggs which was adorable! He was good looking, had an interesting story, but just not my type. There were many awkward pauses, my phone was constantly buzzing (work e-mails, couldn't turn off my phone), it was a bit bizarre, that date.

Then at 11PM we decided that it would be a great idea to go back to the nightclub where we met! It was Wednesday! We went, half of the time I was dancing with a group of girls, we all got pretty drunk. At 2AM we went to Mc Donald's, I got a happy meal and was very pleased with it. Then we decide that since it's around -20C outside still, we should go to a hotel. So we go, poor guy wasted money on the room and we happily ate our burgers in a warm hotel room. Then we went to sleep and every single time he tried to come underneath my blanket I gave him a good kick.

For whatever reason, he was fascinated by me. He wanted to introduce me to his friends the next day. I told him that I was sorry but I couldn't offer more than a friendship, which he gladly accepted, still.

We were in contact on and off. A few months later, my lease ended and after wrecking my motorcycle, I couldn't offer to rent out another apartment. I also had many issues with my family at the time so I couldn't move back home. That same day, as I was packing my belongings and worrying about what's going to happen, he sends me a text where he invites me to a housewarming party. He's moving to my city! I figured that knowing him, it must be a nice cozy apartment. If I asked nicely and offered to pay rent and help with household jobs, how could he say no to me!

It was a dorm. He had his own room but lived with 6 other guys. I told him about my issue and he was happy to welcome me. A month later, another friend of his, a guy, ends up moving in as his apartment was being renovated. I'll have you know, me and the 8 guys developed such an amazing bond. I was like their little sister, we'd play video games every night, go out to pubs and just have a blast! The guy who moved in latest became my best friend. We have helped each other through many difficult times. Those 1,5 months I lived in that dorm (illegally, of course) - I'd NEVER do it again but God am I grateful it happened haha!

We have all followed our own paths now but still meet up every once in a while. Contact is scarce but once we meet, it's like we were never apart, really.

(Sorry for a long post)

Oh dear.

(10 characters)

mark clemson

I woman I dated for about a year before meeting my wife (so more of a R really). About 6 months in we had gone out to dinner and returned to her apt. Someone had left their bike blocking (fully blocking) the stairs up. So you basically had to climb over the bike to get up.

I said jokingly (we were both a bit drunk) "Maybe I should piss on it" (meaning the bike). She said "Yeah go ahead." So then I basically confirmed with her that she really wanted me to piss on the bike and, yep, she did. So I peed all over it.

I was a bit shocked that she was totally cool with it and we even still had sex that night. Next morning the bike was gone and the bottom of the steps smelled a bit but not too bad (outdoor steps). Even sober, she seemed a little bit pleased that I had done this.

So that was a bit of a weird night. And let that be a lesson to those who completely block stairs when locking up their bike...

mortensorchid

Had another 2 - the two rudest people I'd ever encountered. One was like talking to a brick wall, another one of those "I'm not hungry/thirsty if you want something you can get something." I was of the mindset at the time that if he pulled something like this I might as well get a drink out of it, I am no more. But ... When the waiter brought the check he paid for the drink and got up and walked away. The other I met for dinner years ago, he was an arrogant a****** I could tell within minutes of our meeting. At the end of the date he asked where I had parked, I pointed towards the parking garage nearby, and he walked away from me.

I wonder sometimes about how it is that people go through life like this treating others this way. True, you might put some into priority levels, but these were extremes.

mark clemson
mark you were the knight in shining armour that evening :laugh:

Guess I slew the drago... er, bike?

• 1 month later...

Ooh great thread.

I was on a date with a barrister and we were walking down the street towards the train station for us to get our respective trains, passing two policemen, when some guy came out of nowhere and got hold of me and groped me. None of police or barrister did anything (I think/hope they were probably too shocked?!) so I beat the guy off with my umbrella. So that was a weird one.

And then, I do seem to have one of those faces that people tell me things, but the guy who'd seemed normal but over a 90 minute lunch managed to disclose juvenile detention, fraud as an adult, complicated terms to his employment resulting from his fraud, mentally ill parents and being deported from an African country for assault probably took the biscuit. He asked to see me again. I said no, thanks, haha.

• Like 2

Background checks as soon as you are sure of their real name will save you some grief.

So I'm guessing the other "gentlemen" who did nothing to help must have thought the groper was your boyfriend or someone you knew. Glad you had an umbrella for the nutter.

Second date with a lovely guy, we meet at a local market where he was selling his wares, then after the market we went for a picnic on the beach, as we were walking to the beach, he suddenly stops on the corner of the street, takes his hat off and starts busking with his air guitar! It was hilarious, he had a beautiful voice though.

It was NYE and we were all dressed up looking for someplace to go. We finally found an opened place so we parked and went in. When we went to the bartender to order our drinks we didn’t have to pay for them because we unknowingly crashed someone’s private party.

Second date, back when I was 23, she asked me to come with her to a party. Which turned out to be a party held by some evangelical Christian types from her uni, who had invited her to this party.

Anyway being a godless heathen I didn't and don't hang out with people like that, yet there I was with her.

When we arrived, we were literally separated at the door by the hosts. with her going to an area for the women. While I was taken to the designated area for the men, I couldn't relate to those guys at all, they were literally talking about Jesus and how they could help each other be good Christian men.

So after a few hours (I don't know why I didn't just leave) which included not seeing her at all, she then found me and asked if I would stay the night at this house with her. Against my better judgement I said okay. With no good reason at all, I presumed we'd be then sleep together Despite her stopping me from kissing her at her front door and saying "I'm not like that" at the end of our first date.

Anyway They had bunk beds like a barracks for the men, which was where I ended up sleeping, while she slept in the womens room. I wake up pissed at her, yet have breakfast there, while one of the guys is working on his sermon for Sunday since he's some sort of pastor.

Anyway shortly after that we leave together, using public transport. Where I have nothing to say to her on the train, since I'm thinking she's some sort of religious freak. Then not long before I'm about to leave her and go on my way and never talk to her again. She tells me she's not like them and she hated it, and she only went because they'd been bugging her at uni to hang out with them etc. Shortly after that she's got her tongue down my throat, followed by going to her place where we start having sex just after we get through the front door.

Again not a first date, in this instance when I was 25 I was a few dates in, yet it was all normal enough to start. We'd already started having sex together and we had just been out for dinner and a movie in the city. We're walking back to her car, it's late on a Friday night and there's an old couple walking ahead of us (I'm their age now).

We all came to an intersection and stop, there's no traffic at all, and it's really quiet so we start crossing the road, which was only two lanes. As we we're crossing a car appeared in the distance. Moments later it then hit the other couple, they wen't over that car in a slow motion shower of glass. The car slipped sideways still in slow motion, then hit my date at her knees throwing her onto the road face first. Then ever so slowly that car missed my by a fingers width. Then time sped up to normal as the car crashed into a tree. Then silence.

At first I couldn't find my date, then when I did she was bleeding all over me from her face. It wasn't spraying, yet it was pouring and dripping out. Then cars started coming down the road, which we were both still on, I got her off the road thinking if she has a spinal injury, it's better than being run over by a another car. I also tried to deal with her bleeding.

A crowd then gathered from nearby pub and didn't help anyone at all, I then physically dragged one of them onto the road to redirect traffic out of the way. I then found the other two people they both had a pulse, were breathing and though badly broken were conscious. There was no notable external bleeding and I didn't move them at all.

The driver was fine, he got out of his car and used a mobile phone to call an ambulance. He came up to me asked if he could help, I wanted to hit him. Yet controlled myself and took him to the other couple and told him to watch them and tell me if anything changes.

Then my date told me she was really cold, I went to the not helping crowd and told them I to get me a blanket. Someone yelled back saying "we don't have a blanket" and I said "I don't care find one". A few minutes later someone handed me a blanket.

Then the ambulances finally arrived and to my dates disappointment, they cut her brand new jeans off.

In the end my date had badly bruised knees and required plastic surgery to repair her face. While the other couple who were married (one a psychiatrist the other a nurse) who were visiting from overseas, were in a terrible way. One of them became a quadriplegic and the other a paraplegic with significant brain damage. I still think I didn't do enough to help the other couple.

That one was probably the weirdest and worst date I have ever been on. That said just over 23 years later I'm still dating the woman who was my date during that night. Having married her 20½ years ago.

Edited by 5x5
  • Like 2

Wow quite a story. There was a "how you met your wife" thread a while back - this would have been one of the more interesting posts there as well I think.

• Like 1

This was not a 'first' date, but anyway he decided to take me to lunch to Ellen's Stardust in Midtown, NYC, and I was really looking forward to it. Thing is before going to the place we have a big argument over nothing. You won't believe it. I had to pack up my stuff to go home, it was my last day in the city. So he decides to help me pack. I was packing one of the suitcases, and he was dealing with the other one.

My hotel had a separate bedroom. So I was in the living room and he was in the bedroom, door open. I start singing. I was happy. Everything was going great, we had lunch planned... He was nervous though (partly because I was going home). He flipped on me for some reason like I was not listening to what he was saying, but I didn't hear from the other room. Anyway, I didn't take it well. I was like: come on, seriously? I'm about to leave and you flip on me like this?

So we go to the Ellen's Stardust Diner. It was crowded (which I guess it's its permanent state). We were at a very small table against a wall. I was feeling down and you could read it on my face. He tried to make it better, but things were pretty ruined. I barely talked the whole time we were there, which is not the usual me. Then I get up as we're about to leave. An adorable old lady sitting at the table next to ours stops me and whispers to me with a smile on her face: "you are very beautiful and you have a great look". I didn't know what to say on the spot like that, so I said nicely: thank you.

He obviously saw that she stopped me and then wanted to know what she said to me. I was kind of embarassed, but I eventually told him. He said she was right.

On our very first date, which officially was not a date, we were strolling in a French town by the sea. At a certain point, he had to reach the nearest ATM. We're almost in front of it, when some drunk (seemingly homeless) old man starts yelling at us. My guy starts asking me what he was saying, but I couldn't understand anything of what he said. He was probably just swearing for some reason.

A few years later, we were going to lunch in Downtown Manhattan, and something similar happened! Some seemingly homeless man, not in his right mind, started talking/mumbling in front of us in the street.

On a side note, I must say that the city's situation is getting worse and worse every year. This year, I saw an old homeless man 'combing' his hair in the street in front of one of the entrances of Grand Central. He was not really combing... more like using a comb to remove lices from his grey Einstein-style hair.

An internet hook up, not from an app or site, we had just began chatting on a blog and ended up setting up a meet at a bar years ago. I got there early and ordered a beer, she shows up already drunk and 20 years older than the pic she had sent me (I was 35, she was in her 50's). I check out right there and start thinking up an escape plan as this was a terrible situation I had got myself into. She had downed 5 drinks in about 10 minutes, chugging them and ordering another each time the waitress walked past. These would have cost at least $7.00 each and I wasn't paying for it!

I then just bluntly tell her I have to get going and pass a $10 to the waitress for my pint as she walks past. She then says I cant leave her there as she didn't bring any money and I say sorry but I gotta run and that's all I had. She starts to freak out and I tell her I'll just go grab my credit card in the car and come back.

I walked out of there like I just escaped from prison. Came home to a dozen emails filled with death threats and everything else from her.

Oh wow! I hope this happens to all guys who have ghosted me in past :lmao: