GF has a temper

PegNosePete
She said he was still standing when she delivered the final kick

They were very impressed with my GF's TKD skills and her looks, IMO and kept asking her to recount the beating and about her background in TKD.

I would say most likely they kept asking her to recount it because it didn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense, it's not true.

Guy is still standing with broken ribs, and requires a kick to the head to knock him out?

No, her story does not add up at all.

• Like 1
I would say most likely they kept asking her to recount it because it didn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense, it's not true.

Guy is still standing with broken ribs, and requires a kick to the head to knock him out?

No, her story does not add up at all.

Quoted for truth. I assume the OP is genuine here but this story she's told him doesn't even make sense.

Many people if conscious will not go down or they will get up and try to get away, it is a survival instinct, so still standing with broken ribs doesn't sound unbelievable to me.

ETA

But yes the KO blow could have been delivered first then she kicked and punched him whilst he was defenceless on the ground...

As he is not talking, then we will never know.

Maybe he can't really remember anything that happened, due to the head injury...

Edited by elaine567
Curiousroxy86
I can help on this one. To diagnose a problem, say with flow of air, you need to go to each register (air vent) and measure the air flow, to find where in the system there may be a leak, or a broken air duct. After the repair, it is common to take air temp readings from several air vents to make sure the air is cool enough. If she didn't tell him to not go into a particular room before hand, then she set this guy up.

but do you see how I was just as ignorant about that information. her choosing to dress in HER OWN ROOM is not setting anyone up :rolleyes:

and the fact we are blaming her for getting dressed in HER ROOM is ridiculous

if my cable guy is hooking up cable in my living room and I needed to change clothes I think I would assume he would stay his butt in the living room and I would close my door and get dressed without thinking that a stranger will walk into my room. ignorance? naive? yes. but setting a trap on purpose? you reaching like this story lol. why is he opening a closed door in someone else house away from the problem area without saying "excuse me miss outside the door and knocking afterwards"???

now granted I dont know if she attacked this man unwarranted. he probably did do exactly that and she still attacked him for all I know but I also dont know that he actually just walked in on her and tried to get fresh.

I am still not comfortable with going one way on this conversation

• Like 1
  • Author
Many people if conscious will not go down or they will get up and try to get away, it is a survival instinct, so still standing with broken ribs doesn't sound unbelievable to me.

ETA

But yes the KO blow could have been delivered first then she kicked and punched him whilst he was defenceless on the ground...

As he is not talking, then we will never know.

Maybe he can't really remember anything that happened, due to the head injury...

Again I wasn't there but as she told it to me, two kicks to the rib, two to the head (one to the eye and one to the jaw) and he was out. I have seen what she can do and this only takes a matter of seconds...if you are kicked hard in the ribs your natural instinct is to double over, leaving your head lower and an even more juicy target.

- I wasn't there, but the actual conflict probably lasted less than 30 seconds. She kicked him twice in the ribs(resulting in broken ribs), at which point his head is an easy target. Tae Kwon Do is almost exclusively kicks, so once the head becomes exposed, a 2nd degree black belt can easily knock someone out with 1-2 kicks which is exactly what she did. She said he was still standing when she delivered the final kick but again I wasn't there.

"Leaving your head lower and an even more juicy target."

You were not there. What is the question that you are asking Cali4Dude?

This is sounding gamerish.

Springsummer
"Leaving your head lower and an even more juicy target."

You were not there. What is the question that you are asking Cali4Dude?

This is sounding gamerish.

I believe Cali4Dude on this one. This is just logic.

when your rib hurt suddenly, you just lower your head reflexively. when you can not see, you are just very vulnerable.

major_merrick
and the fact we are blaming her for getting dressed in HER ROOM is ridiculous

if my cable guy is hooking up cable in my living room and I needed to change clothes I think I would assume he would stay his butt in the living room and I would close my door and get dressed without thinking that a stranger will walk into my room. ignorance? naive? yes.

She may not have had a choice - living in a rental, you can't change anything. Which means if the bedroom and bathroom doors don't have locks, you're likely not to do anything about it. If she needed to change clothes, what else could she have done? I wouldn't have taken the chance of changing, but not everybody thinks that way.

Here we have a woman who is capable of taking out a guy and we have "danger", "murder" and "cutting up corpses" being bandied about, but truth is most guys could take out most women with a single punch, yet we all live with that "danger" daily...

Yep. Society is uncomfortable with women who can handle themselves. And people outside the middle/south of the US are often uncomfortable with self defense in general. It is quite easy for a small girl with some training to take out an untrained man. Most people are untrained.

In the past, I have taught women how to defend themselves - the goal is always to totally incapacitate or kill your opponent. Not to spar, not to give them something to think about, not to prove something, not to let them run away or call the cops. You don't want to get into a strength battle with a larger opponent because you will lose. Swiftness, surprise, and brutality to gain the advantage.

The description the OP gives makes it sound like some protracted battle like in a movie fight scene. I guarantee it wasn't that way. It takes longer to describe a series of actions than to do it. It was probably over in 10 seconds, if that. I would totally buy that girl a drink!!!

Here we have a woman who is capable of taking out a guy and we have "danger", "murder" and "cutting up corpses" being bandied about, but truth is most guys could take out most women with a single punch, yet we all live with that "danger" daily...

But most men aren't dangerous. Having the ability to vs acting on are two very different things.

If I knew a man who beat the crap out of someone, taking it further than simply disabling the threat, I'd be avoiding him like the plague too.

• Like 3

Well, she's going to end up in prison at this rate. I'd get the hell out of there personally.

Great when a woman or anyone sticks up for themselves, but she's gone too far.

Im a martial artist myself, if I started to act this way my instructors would probably kick me out the club.

• Like 1

Most guys could take out another guy, with a blow to the back of the head. In fact, men have been killed that way.

The issue here is not what she's capable of, but what she's doing with it. Im sure you wouldn't feel too comfortable with a BF who goes overboard and beats the complete crap out of people. At least I hope you wouldn't.

If Im in a changing room and a gay guy starts giving inappropriate looks, I may give off a bit of a vibe. But Im not going to kick his ribs in till they're broke, and then kick him in the head until he's unconscious. Because that would be insane.

Edited by fromheart
  • Like 1
Curiousroxy86
But most men aren't dangerous. Having the ability to vs acting on are two very different things.

If I knew a man who beat the crap out of someone, taking it further than simply disabling the threat, I'd be avoiding him like the plague too.

well she didn't beat up most men. she beat up an ex who disrespected a restraining order and she beat up a maintenance man that came into her bedroom while she was changing. if a guy doesnt want to date her anymore thats fine but I personally dont think its fair for us to make her a villain with such little information. not saying she is the good guy either. but im saying we dont know if she is truly the bad guy also. just saying.

• Like 2
Curiousroxy86
Well, she's going to end up in prison at this rate. I'd get the hell out of there personally.

Im a martial artist myself, if I started to act this way my instructors would probably kick me out the club.

well she wasnt in martial arts class she was in her own home feeling threatened.

wtf people

nobody would have given her a medal to show restraint if her life was truly in danger. she would have just been dead :rolleyes:

granted I dont really know if her life was even in danger but I can understand how a person would react if they think it was.

• Like 2
  • Author
well she didn't beat up most men. she beat up an ex who disrespected a restraining order and she beat up a maintenance man that came into her bedroom while she was changing. if a guy doesnt want to date her anymore thats fine but I personally dont think its fair for us to make her a villain with such little information. not saying she is the good guy either. but im saying we dont know if she is truly the bad guy also. just saying.

Thanks for your perspective here Curious as it is exactly how I feel, having had time to digest the situation and get people's perspective. At the end of the day, I chose to trust her and stay with her even though I know I might be "playing with fire" as for me the risk is more than worth it.

• Author

While I agree that it goes against the spirit of martial arts to do what she did to this guy, I am choosing to side with her that she did legitimately feel threatened. The other case with her ex was several years ago, but from what I can tell this guy was completely, quite frankly, pussy-whipped and just could not get her out of his head.She had to get a restraining order against him and when he violated it, she took what she felt was the necessary action. I'm going to believe that 2 incidents (as far as I know that is all) over the course of 3-4 years is not an alarming trend.

She should not be leaving him unattended in her house anyway let alone disrobing in the next room. This is a red flag, IMO. There is no way in hell that I would be in another room changing my clothes when there is a service/repair man in the house. That's asinine.

Obviously I can have no idea if this Svc guy had ill intentions or not. I can say after 30+ yrs in the Svc business you see a lot of things in peoples homes. There are times you need to check vent temperatures and air flow in rooms and you are wandering about the house in doing so. People often view you like your just another piece of the furniture and carry on with whatever they are doing. Getting ready for work, showering, couples arguing, half dressed people, what ever contraband left sitting out on the table and the list goes on.

We are left unattended regularly which we prefer as to get in and out. Customers can become very distracting asking loads of questions and standing in your way. Walking in on someone doesn't happen often as you try and be cautious but it has happened.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

What is the TKD background of your GF ? Does she compete ? I know from experience that it's not that easy to break someone's ribs if he is standing and not against a wall especially for a  95lbs girl. She was changing so I suppose she was not wearing shoes it's even harder to break ribs barefoot.  It's not even easy to target the ribs since the arms naturally protect them. What type of kicks has she used ? Roundhouse ? Side kick ? Spinning back kick ?