GF has a temper

• Author
I mean she isn't credible. I don't believe a word she says about how this all went down given her overall attention seeking behavior and blatant displays intended to draw men's stares, etc. I feel badly for that man.

Thanks for clarifying and I worry that your perception is right. Trust is important in a relationship and honestly I don't 100% trust her story that the guy was truly threatening her. The only hesitation I have is that 1) He did enter her room without knocking claiming that he didn't know she was in there and 2) His unwillingness to press charges might mean that he did have ill intentions.

She was at her apartment and a guy was there to work on her A/C, which is constantly having issues. He "accidentally" walked in on her while she was changing...he claimed it was an accident but she thinks he did it intentionally as instead of turning around immediately, he took his time getting an eyeful of her in a t-shirt and thong.

Instead of just reporting him to the building and getting out of there, she became enraged an ended up beating him up pretty badly. She has a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and before this guy knew what hit him he was out cold, with a couple of broken ribs and a hugely swollen black eye.

Thanks for any advice.

Your gf is 5' 1"/95-105 lbs. No stats provided by OP regarding the size of the male service tech so let's go with an average 5' 10"/180-200 lbs.

So this guy looked at her (in a threatening way?) and she proceeded to ask him to leave...did she ask him to leave?

If she asked him to leave and he did not, then she ran(?) at him and knocked him out/disabled him...then proceeded to break his ribs? He would have had to have been caught off guard. Did she have any defensive wounds?

If she did not ask him to leave prior to beating him badly, then she assaulted him. If she did, then self defense is excusable, however, once he was down, not so much as he was no longer blocking her safe escape.

Then the police sat around ogling your gf while the guy was carted off to the hospital with no further investigation on the part of police or the management company who contracted the repairman, despite clear liability issues.

Good luck with your gf op. :)

• Author

I think you are oversimplifying some of the details, but it is generally an accurate summary. I couple of things though:

- I wasn't there, but the actual conflict probably lasted less than 30 seconds. She kicked him twice in the ribs(resulting in broken ribs), at which point his head is an easy target. Tae Kwon Do is almost exclusively kicks, so once the head becomes exposed, a 2nd degree black belt can easily knock someone out with 1-2 kicks which is exactly what she did. She said he was still standing when she delivered the final kick but again I wasn't there.

- The cops ogling thing is my opinion, but I was surprised that these horn-dogs were still hanging around after the guy was carted off and their report was done. They were very impressed with my GF's TKD skills and her looks, IMO and kept asking her to recount the beating and about her background in TKD. So eventually I had to ask them if there was anything else they needed or if we could be done.

Thanks for your input.

Ok, the whole scenario is unusual. From what you have posted, it seems that she used unnecessary force. You said she took out a restraining order on a prior bf. Has your gf been sexually assaulted?

Your gf is 5' 1"/95-105 lbs. No stats provided by OP regarding the size of the male service tech so let's go with an average 5' 10"/180-200 lbs.

I wonder if we're minimizing the perceived threat. A woman changing her clothes is in a fairly vulnerable position. A man looms over you and, in the OP's words, "instead of turning around immediately, he took his time getting an eyeful of her in a t-shirt and thong". Not much time to determine the difference between pervert and sexual assault.

If it was an over-reaction, might be an understandable one...

Mr. Lucky

I'm not minimizing a thing. Cali never reported that service tech was 'looming' over her. We have no idea the distance between op's gf and ac guy. I would assume unless informed otherwise that there was at least the distance between a door threshold and a room/hallway.

If he was standing close enough to swing without moving then she should swing away.

If he was standing further away and saw her coming toward him, she will have defensive wounds....unless her kick brought him down first.

loversquarrel

How big was this guy she kicked? I practice full contact mma and have fought competitively at the amateur level. I have been kicked in the gut/ribs and head by trained fighters literally over twice the weight of your girlfriend and have never suffered more than bruising. This service tech must have been a bag of bones to have taken such a beating.

Thanks for clarifying and I worry that your perception is right. Trust is important in a relationship and honestly I don't 100% trust her story that the guy was truly threatening her. The only hesitation I have is that 1) He did enter her room without knocking claiming that he didn't know she was in there and 2) His unwillingness to press charges might mean that he did have ill intentions.

His unwillingness to press charges is rooted in the "his word against hers" and the friggin METoo fray and women who are opportunizing that. His unwillingness to press charges is just as likely to be him assuming a defeatist attitude.

In addition, why would he be worried about moving freely in the apartment when he has permission to be there. I doubt he would have imagined that any woman would be undressing with him in their apartment on a scheduled visit. If she had one ounce of sense and good intention, she would have at least said to him, I need a minute, please stay out of the other rooms until I give the all clear (or some such heads up).

She is in the wrong all the way around here. If nothing else, she is not very bright or safety-minded and, more likely, a drama seeking, queen. You would do well to move on from here or you will be surrounded by drama often.

A woman who "arms" herself to the teeth (so to speak) and then continues to act and dress provocatively can only be looking for trouble.

• Like 3
major_merrick

Some of the best girls have a temper. :laugh:

I read the OP, and I would have done exactly as the girl did. Some dude walks in on me while I'm changing, he's gonna be lucky to live. And I don't have a black belt - just a bad attitude and a willingness to cause trouble.

• Like 1

Id be willing to bet that she has a jail sentence in her future, if not from this incident, then from another one. Assault is assault, no matter who does it.

• Like 2

In addition, why would he be worried about moving freely in the apartment when he has permission to be there. I doubt he would have imagined that any woman would be undressing with him in their apartment on a scheduled visit.

A woman who "arms" herself to the teeth (so to speak) and then continues to act and dress provocatively can only be looking for trouble.

To be clear, this man is not an intruder. An intruder is handled very differently in the mind of a dweller and in the eye of the law.

Second paragraph, we have bf reporting...so, I'll take all of that with a big grain of salt. ;)

Cali4Dude, where are you with all of this?

• Like 1
I mean she isn't credible. I don't believe a word she says about how this all went down given her overall attention seeking behavior and blatant displays intended to draw men's stares, etc. I feel badly for that man.

Yep that's what l was thinking..

• Author
To be clear, this man is not an intruder. An intruder is handled very differently in the mind of a dweller and in the eye of the law.

Second paragraph, we have bf reporting...so, I'll take all of that with a big grain of salt. ;)

Cali4Dude, where are you with all of this?

Lots of stuff to process, but in short at this point I'm choosing to side with her version of events over someone I don't know. While there is a lot of drama around this woman, it is never boring lol and I have my doubts about the long term possibilities with her, but am having fun in the meantime.

To address another point - the guy is in the 5'6 150lb range...so not a big dude by any means. People underestimate how a trained TKD person can strike with extreme accuracy and if they want to cause damage, they will.

• Author
Id be willing to bet that she has a jail sentence in her future, if not from this incident, then from another one. Assault is assault, no matter who does it.

I kind of doubt it actually. It has been over a week and I think if the guy was going to pursue legal action, he would have by now. Another possibility that I hesitated to bring up before given the sensitivity to the topic in current political environment, is that the guy might not want the attention of authorities in terms of his citizenship standing. I don't know and won't ask but it is a thought that occurred to me.

Rather than comparing her version vs the version someone you don't know - use logic.

• Like 1
I kind of doubt it actually. It has been over a week and I think if the guy was going to pursue legal action, he would have by now.

He may not pursue action, but the next guy she beats up might. And that guy could be you.

The woman is a basket case.

• Like 3
Another possibility that I hesitated to bring up before given the sensitivity to the topic in current political environment, is that the guy might not want the attention of authorities in terms of his citizenship standing. I don't know and won't ask but it is a thought that occurred to me.

Cali, dude...the guy has had the full attention of authorities, lol. According to you, they chose to focus on your gf's 'skills' instead.

Whether or not you choose to stay with this woman, shrugs, i think you like it....none of the logistics make any sense but it must be awesome foreplay.

Have fun :cool:

Springsummer
I kind of doubt it actually. It has been over a week and I think if the guy was going to pursue legal action, he would have by now. Another possibility that I hesitated to bring up before given the sensitivity to the topic in current political environment, is that the guy might not want the attention of authorities in terms of his citizenship standing. I don't know and won't ask but it is a thought that occurred to me.

Now, this makes sense.

I didn't understand why the guy didn't press charge. if someone broke my ribs and gave me black eye, there is not way in hell I won't seek avenge(legal action), embarrassment won't do it. Deportation does though.

thefooloftheyear
Now, this makes sense.

I didn't understand why the guy didn't press charge. if someone broke my ribs and gave me black eye, there is not way in hell I won't seek avenge(legal action), embarrassment won't do it. Deportation does though.

A guy would probably be too embarrassed to press charges...

I guess I don't get it either....Unless this woman is Amanda Nunes or some shyt, there really aren't that many guys that cant fend off a woman.. Even one that is "trained"...A woman I know that is an accomplished martial artist and mega fit friend of my mom, always popped off on how shed never be afraid of taking on a guy, that she would kick any guys ass, etc...After joking with me that she could also take me down, I playfully challenged her...Well, after about 10 seconds of her floundering, I had her in a completely compromised and defenseless position, unable to do anything....Its just a matter of sheer strength..All the technique in the world cant overcome that...

Anyway, I have no issue with women that have an edge, in fact I prefer it, but if she's just a manic nut job, then its not worth it...

TFY

• Like 1
Springsummer

I have problem imagine such a tiny woman can really knock off a really big guy too.

Took a few months TKD classes. Learnt some stupid positioning/forms...boring...didn't know the uses of them, so I stopped TKD.

she must just got the guy by surprise or sudden attack.

I'd split up with her and do it over the phone. She has a violent side. She has hurt more than one guy. While I can see that it must be reassuring for her that she can deal with a guy if he tries to attack her in any way, it is not something one would use regularly. Surely most martial arts teach students how to de-escalate rather than engage with the 'enemy'?

You get the feeling she enjoys beating guys up. Trust your instincts! You don't want to be next.

• Like 3
healing light

I wouldn't want the liability of someone who will become unhinged and beat the crap out of someone. Sounds like she needs anger management.

I almost wonder if she wasn't sexually assaulted or something because her reaction was extreme for the situation. But if you think she gets her jollies off on this kind of thing, that is very sadistic.

Still a no for me! A stern verbal response would have been much more reasonable than broken ribs, eye socket, etc. even if you did think you were being leered at.

If a guy did this, no one would be condoning it. With all that martial arts training, this woman has an even greater responsibility to know when to apply force and when to contain herself.

• Like 1
Curiousroxy86

Unless I missed something else from op

I am not comfortable with painting the picture that she is some crazy abusive person that likes to assault innocent men for no reason when the two cases I read so far really could have been a situation where a woman’s life was in danger.

Problem with metoo is that a lot of cases could either be truly an overreaction or a lot of cases could be valid and unfortunately outside people will never really know who the true victims really were in each specific case without undeniable evidence

Was the maintenance man working on something in her room? Why did he need to come into her room? To me that’s out of line unless whatever he was working on was in that room

Anyhoo op it comes down to whether or not you believe she was threatened or not. If you don’t believe she was threatened then breakup with her. Your life could very well be in danger. If you believe she was threatened then to me I wouldn’t feel like my life is in danger if I was a dude and her boyfriend because I know I would never be a threat. The fact that she can actually kick a mans butt is irrelevant and if she was truly threatened in the cases that she did then I say good for her. If she was not threatened I really hope she gets what she deserves which is jail time.

• Like 1

Was the maintenance man working on something in her room? Why did he need to come into her room? To me that’s out of line unless whatever he was working on was in that room

I can help on this one. To diagnose a problem, say with flow of air, you need to go to each register (air vent) and measure the air flow, to find where in the system there may be a leak, or a broken air duct. After the repair, it is common to take air temp readings from several air vents to make sure the air is cool enough. If she didn't tell him to not go into a particular room before hand, then she set this guy up. Pure and simple. Another thing is that the real reason she called the cops was probably because she eventually realized that she might have killed the guy - that she went too far. What really happened between the two of them, you will never know. Neither one seems to want to talk... OP, this gal is trouble, and seems like she hates men, and eventually will kill one, and she will drag you in. At the very least, you will be the one in the bath tub cutting up the corpse of the guy she eventually kills, and disposing of the pieces. This is not a girl. She is a monster with a nice azz... run before you get snarled up in her nightmare.

Edited by Poutrew
  • Like 2

Here we have a woman who is capable of taking out a guy and we have "danger", "murder" and "cutting up corpses" being bandied about, but truth is most guys could take out most women with a single punch, yet we all live with that "danger" daily...

• Like 2