Random thoughts on Singleness

The worst part of being single is having no one to talk too about things and not having anyone to bounce ideas off of. Most of my conversations are totally random and center around whatever activity I am at. I can't even remember the last time I had a deep serious conversation with someone. I miss that. :(

Yeah l did too after marriage , ex and l were always there to bounce everything and anything off or to just ramble on about whatever was going on or in our head , it was probably one of the best parts of being married to me.

During single years since , l'd missed specifically that so much it was a very particular part of our relationship we'd always had , true partner in crime stuff and we could tell each other anything.

ln ways it was much easier singe again really l must admit because l could just do what l wanted for the first time in a long time. But in others it was really hard after having that all that time and l missed that probably more than anything else.

She was a rare one in many ways but in those ways in particular , and it seemed impossible to meet someone else at this age that could even come close to her ways , our ways, they were all so strung out and so easily shock'able , so much bs, so many do's and don'ts , no one had the looseness and just anything goes ease of me and ex, it seemed hopeless.

Thankfully though, very few and far between that is for sure but in the end it wasn't.

Edited by chillii
The worst part of being single is having no one to talk too about things and not having anyone to bounce ideas off of. Most of my conversations are totally random and center around whatever activity I am at. I can't even remember the last time I had a deep serious conversation with someone. I miss that. :(

I can't really "miss" that feeling, as I never really got to experience it, myself, but this is something that bugs me a lot in my day-to-day life. Especially since my best friends are a couple, and I get to kinda observe them when I spend time with them. I do occasionally have deep conversations with them, but it's really started to wear on me how I don't have "someone" to consistently communicate with.

I come home from work, and just make dinner, relax, and watch TV until I go to sleep and repeat it the next day. I don't get to have "How was your day?" chit chat conversations, or anything. I don't have someone I can just hang out with, talk with, laugh with. Other than when I get to spend some time with my friends, I just feel so... alone.

And it didn't really ever bother me so much in the past, but since I've been spending time with my friends, it's really become apparent to me, and really bugs me a lot.

I’ll flip this around. Obviously I’m not single but I’d definitely say I’m the most at peace by myself if I’m doing something I like. Just bingeing on the shows I like watching by myself I feel really relaxed. Nothing against family life as it definitely has its joys. It’s funny how I’ve been complaining about how hard it is to find a friend and then just remember how peaceful the night has been by myself.

Yep l hear ya there brother.

l craved that stuff when l was married and even now when my gf leaves for up home again, it's just living it up for the first week doin all that stuff again , and makin a mess of my own house haha.

I think being single is something you learn to accept and be happy with after all the heartbreaks, failed relationships and dating let downs. Maybe not for everybody, but some. I know it’s true for me. At this point in my life I’m starting to find myself wanting to give up on finding “the one” whatever that may be. I’m tired of the hassle and getting hopes up only to be let down again and again. I don’t think I’m built to continue going through these rollercoaster of emotions. I’ve come to realize that I’ll most likely never be that girl who brings a guy home whom I’ve been in a long term relationship with to meet the family, I’ll never be engaged planning a wedding, never get to experience marriage or having children with someone I love, never get to experience love in general. I enjoy my alone time.....I really do. I also feel less anxiety when I’m not dating anyone. However, I miss that closeness....that bond you share with someone. I miss not having a partner to do things with....someone just to talk to, to come home to. Especially when I am around couples doing things together.....makes me wish I had someone. But alas, it is what it is and in the end I’m ok with that if it’s meant to be.

• Author

I have a diversity of Friends. I don't mind my alone time as well. Its just that my natural self is to always interact with people. The thing that I don't get is that my singleness feels so finite. Like I can't really change it.

I tried Match.com again. The woman I tried to contact did not contact me. I thought we would be a great match to at least go out. I actually did see her in real life the other day at a music venue. She was on a date from what I observed. No problem.

I am coming to a realization that for whatever reasons. The Universe does not want me to do the picking when it comes to a romantic partner. I basically have to wait until they drop into my lap, and work on it from there.

• Author

I think that my friends that got with their long term loves are happy that it was easy. No ex's in the background for the most part. No problems with their SO. None of the drama.

I like easy. I am 48 and tired of all the run around in my head just to find someone.

I would want it like this. A woman around 38 or so. Finds me attractive and vice versa. She is single and childless and put us together. We work out our quirks. I don't want to be dating going into my 50's. Its not like I go out on Dates and its all fantastic and wonderful. The style of relationship I think would work best for me is BF/GF style. We get gettogether a couple of times a week and enjoy each others company. No real strife for the most part.

I want to have some fun in the intimate part of my life. Interesting conversations and laughs. Social and Recreational activities. Physical affection. Is that too much to ask for at 48yrs young. If I was designing my life. I would have been single through my 20 like it was with a little dating and My mid to late 30's wrapped up with a wonderful woman.

I think I am one of those guys that has to wait until a wonderful woman appears and go by that. On-line is a joke at best. Real life is curvy as well. My male friends that are attached. Their women were the ones that put it together for the most part. Not my male friends going out there really working it.

The only way I would be happy being single is, that a lot of women want me and I was dating up a storm really being treated well. Lots of affections and fun times. Not the current murkiness of reluctant dating or maybe this is the way it really is until we find someone we click with. Either way. I need a break from dating or I will be a burnt out version of myself, when I meet the right woman, when she comes along.

MeadowFlower

If the chances of having someone actually like you is slim, should one try to find someone or just give up?

Edited by MeadowFlower