He is already in a new relationship after we broke up 2 weeks ago!

OP, it seems to me you admitted it to yourself...you broke up with him not really hoping it would be over completely but that it might be a means to solve your relationship problems. So the two of you viewed the break up differently - he saw it as final and you didn't.

Now you are doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to rationalize away your pain.

I think you need to be honest with yourself and let yourself grieve while moving on. It didn't work, you wanted it too, you are hurt and extremely disappointed he has moved on. Just go with it, OP. It's over. Sorry.

• Author
themagicgirl
OP, it seems to me you admitted it to yourself...you broke up with him not really hoping it would be over completely but that it might be a means to solve your relationship problems. So the two of you viewed the break up differently - he saw it as final and you didn't.

Now you are doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to rationalize away your pain.

I think you need to be honest with yourself and let yourself grieve while moving on. It didn't work, you wanted it too, you are hurt and extremely disappointed he has moved on. Just go with it, OP. It's over. Sorry.

Me and him have friends in common and my friend told me he’s very hurt by me breaking up and that he is with that new girl as a way to show to me he can move on faster than me.

To be honest I don’t care anymore and if that’s right and he’s using that girl, then he’s just showing the shyt person he really is.

When I broke up I had a final bit of hope we could work things out after a while, but deep down I felt it was final because I have changed. I’m moving on.

Me and him have friends in common and my friend told me he’s very hurt by me breaking up and that he is with that new girl as a way to show to me he can move on faster than me.

To be honest I don’t care anymore and if that’s right and he’s using that girl, then he’s just showing the shyt person he really is.

When I broke up I had a final bit of hope we could work things out after a while, but deep down I felt it was final because I have changed. I’m moving on.

First, thanks for responding to so many posters on your thread. Many just start a thread and we hardly hear from them.

Anyhow...

If this is true, what the friend said, he's using another person to be spiteful. Yeah, not cool at all on many levels.

Glad you are moving on.

• Author
themagicgirl
First, thanks for responding to so many posters on your thread. Many just start a thread and we hardly hear from them.

Anyhow...

If this is true, what the friend said, he's using another person to be spiteful. Yeah, not cool at all on many levels.

Glad you are moving on.

Well people have been great in responding to me and helped me a lot, so the least I can do is respond to them. :)

Yes knowing this from a friend who knows him was to me the last straw. It took me from thinking about contacting him and asking if he was already with this girl when we were together, to not wanting anything ever again with him, completely no contact.

I see a side of him now I didn't know before, and this type of people don't have a place in my life.

I'm going on holidays tomorrow, and just want to have fun, heal and come back renewed, and start dating again when I'm ready. Thank you! :)

Libragirl1210

I’m sorry your hurting OP 2 weeks is not a very long time and it is a shock to find out they have moved on so quickly. Happened to me once 2 weeks and he was with someone new, made a big deal out of it all and how happy he was but it was all over within a month, most of the time when they move on so quickly its doomed to fail because you need time to process your feelings after a break up and jumping straight into a new relationship only acts as a temporary band aid and old feelings will rear their ugly heads at some point.

As for checking up on them on social media that’s normal and most people are guilty of it wether they admit to it or not.

Do your best to keep yourself busy and take your mind off it all, it does get better but for now you just have to ride it out.