Odd FWB situation

• Author

Thank you. Still can’t believe how spot-on anika99 was. He will tell me emotionally intimate things in little bursts following physical intimacy. Then if we find ourselves staring into each other’s eyes, he will gaze at me for a while then pull away and say abruptly “I should get on the road soon” or whatever. Then he’ll head home, only to start texting me as soon as he leaves. Makes comments about how he was so drained by his relationship w wife that it’s like there’s almost nothing remaining in terms of his ability to be emotionally close. It’s clear that he’s reaching out to me in whatever capacity. Says there is no one else with whom he wants to spend time besides me (and his son obv). And it’s funny that this is all I feel I “need.” I am very happy with the physical relationship now and the fact that our bond is consistent (we see each other or talk daily) and I think always growing (as he also says).

Edited by Gb83
My feelings are more like those of love, as thinking that he has fear of intimacy just makes me feel bad for him and want to get closer and let him know I’m not going anywhere.

...if fear of intimacy is his issue then his failed/failing relationships are not due to an inadequacy in his partners, it is all down to HIS problems.

You feel you want to kiss him all better, but that is the trap so many OWs fall into...

When people warn you about bad things about their own character, "I am no good for you", "You deserve better", "I am a failure" it is usually best to believe them. They are setting you up for when it all goes pear-shaped, they can then say "Well I told you I wasn't to be relied upon..."

• Author

I’m mostly just fascinated because he’s odd. Like, we hook up, usually it’s the woman getting attached to the man after that. I don’t even bother to text him first or ever ask him to hang out, and he’s all about where are we going out the next day. Just different from most situations I’ve experienced.