Why do so many single men not like to travel?

Any more insights? Would love to hear from some single guys.

I'm a divorced guy. Before I married, during my marriage, and now, I travel. I have plenty of friends (men) who travel. I've recently gone on a trip with one of them (Nepal). My adult daughter's boyfriend spent 6 months traveling around South America, they actually met in Argentina.

Honestly, I think it's the individual guys you are meeting. Go on Trip Advisor. You'll see tons of posts by traveling men. Not sure if they're dateable but they are not rare.

• Like 2
I am a man and I still like to travel. Yes, I've 'blown' hundreds of thousands of dollars travelling. No regrets at all about that and I wouldn't trade my experiences for a better 401K or more expensive house at all. While some might not like it I find more enjoyment scuba diving in Cozumel way more fun than tending to an even bigger house.

I'm with you. I'm actively in the process of downsizing my home and belongings to free me up for more travel.

I don't even feel bad about it. What's wrong with me.

• Like 3
A group sounds like a drag to me, for several reasons. It's more expensive than if I plan it myself

Actually, groups can be cheaper (with some obvious qualifications) but...

My daughter and I wanted to go to China and we opted for a tour group simply because we thought we'd be overwhelmed by the size, language and cultural differences. It was a top rated company, glowing reviews on all the travel sites.

On the 12-day tour, we lasted three days Some of it for reasons you outlined but the main reason was that any group can only move as fast as the slowest member. This includes walking, eating and showing up for the bus in the morning, where people were routinely 30-45 minutes late. I thought the guide was going to cry when we told him we were leaving, saying "we must stay together like the sticky rice". No thanks...

Group travel is great if you're under 8 or over 80...

Mr. Lucky

On the 12-day tour, we lasted three days Some of it for reasons you outlined but the main reason was that any group can only move as fast as the slowest member. This includes walking, eating and showing up for the bus in the morning, where people were routinely 30-45 minutes late. I thought the guide was going to cry when we told him we were leaving, saying "we must stay together like the sticky rice". No thanks...

Haha, my main gripe with tour groups is actually that they're usually too fast-paced for us! :laugh: Get up at 6am every day, rushing through "attractions" with barely any time to linger and appreciate them. So soulless, like ticking off checkboxes.

We much prefer to get up at a reasonable hour and take our time exploring. I'll be darned if I'm waking up at 6am on a day that I'm not paid to do so! :p

lana-banana

The OP must not live in a major city or at least not a coastal one. Where I live, everyone constantly travels all the time, and most people of all ages plan at least one international trip per year. And it's not costly. Thanks to the collapsing airline industry, credit card points and the rise in reliable hostels all over the world, even college kids can afford to visit anywhere without paying too much.

Do people here actually go on trips? Nobody's talking about education, which is a huge reason why most people travel. Most people I know visit different countries because they want to explore a different culture and learn something new. Travel broadens your horizons in a way few other experiences can. You recognize everything you have in common with other people, that we're all in this together and everybody just wants the best for their families, and that the world really isn't such a big place.

• Like 3

I’m a single guy and love to travel. Last time I checked I’ve been to 67 countries. I’ve done the vast majority of these trips on my own, I also don’t really like traveling in groups. My most recent trip was in December and visited Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama which was a blast.

• Like 3