GF broke up because she doesnt trust me **Updated**

• Author
It depends on the woman...

It is jerk behaviour designed to hurt and make the woman feel "less than", no matter how long one has been dating surely?

You're completely blaming me and i don't really like it. I get your point of view and respect your opinion, but it was not my intention to be a jerk nor for her to even hear that tbh. I made a comment about another girl to my friend who was single and i wanted him to get her number, that is it. She happened to be near me and hear it, if i knew she would hear it i would not even say it. It is not like i intentionally said it to be an idiot.

It depends on the woman...

It is jerk behaviour designed to hurt and make the woman feel "less than", no matter how long one has been dating surely?

Everybody looks. Men and women. We aren't blind and we don't just shut off our attraction for a fine human specimen just because we're exclusive. Some are better at hiding it than others. I was not referring to him actually saying the other girl looks hot, that's just dumb.

Well, according to her, it would have been even worse if it was later down the line xD.

Well possibly but if you had a solid bond, established history, time invested in the relationship, she was aware you had good solid qualities to offset the not so good ones, that you were for the most part a gentlemen but one who had an occasional tendency for offhand hurtful comments, she just might have let it go even if she says otherwise.

• Author

Never thought this thread would get so many replies. I hope it helps someone as a future reference so people don't make the same mistake as i did because you do not know what can happen and how the girl will react, but also to carefully screen the girl you are dating, her history, how her last relationships ended etc.

This particular girl hated a lot of people for example. Was mostly on good terms with her exes and had a lot of friends, both male and females, but 80% of other people she hated and had something against them, mostly because of only one thing she did not like about them and was never willing to give second chances to anyone.

My comment was bad, i did not intend for her to hear it, it was a convo between me and my best friend, but after reflecting on it today, i do not think that her decision was right or that she should have broke it off. I think there are some issues she has deeply rooted inside her, and my comment which was stupid, did not help at all.

It's not a matter right or wrong, it's one of personal choice. And yeah, you're saying the same thing I've been saying, there was probably a lot more behind her decision than an overheard comment.

This particular girl hated a lot of people for example. Was mostly on good terms with her exes and had a lot of friends, both male and females, but 80% of other people she hated and had something against them, mostly because of only one thing she did not like about them and was never willing to give second chances to anyone.

Big red flag flying there. Try to stick with people who are kind and positive towards most people.

I think there's a difference between her telling YOU about other guys that are hot vs you telling YOUR FRIEND about how her friend is hot. As you have said, she is very insecure even though she is considered a 10. Overhearing you telling your friend about how hot her friend is would probably make her even more insecure.

• Author
I think there's a difference between her telling YOU about other guys that are hot vs you telling YOUR FRIEND about how her friend is hot. As you have said, she is very insecure even though she is considered a 10. Overhearing you telling your friend about how hot her friend is would probably make her even more insecure.

Yeah i agree.

• Author

So, she was out with her friends yesterday in the same club as me. Sixth day into no contact. When i came inside, we looked at each other, she playfully stuck her tongue out and we said hi to each other. I smiled, and continued going my way but did not initiate anything nor was i near her. I was just having fun, laughing and drinking with my friends. And in no way did i appear butthurt or sad or anything.

The things i noticed though are that she would glance over a few times. Caught her looking at me here and there. She did look sad on moments though, definitely not happy like one is supposed to be in a club. Her best friend also playfully poked me on my head when they were going back inside the club at one point. And no one even knew we broke up so everyone was asking her where i was lol.

You can check my thread here to see why we broke up. So what exactly do you think is going on? Also, we were always somehow in each other's proximity because it is a small club and well, there are only two places to be. Outside on the terrace or inside the club, and both are pretty small lol. Today she is liking sad quotes on Instagram. One that said: "I guess we will never be together", and one that said: Sometimes I just wanna be alone. And no, i did not stalk her, my friend screenshotted it and sent it to me. I know i should not break no contact but this situation feels really strange to me. She broke up with me, but its like i broke up with her. Is she regretting the decision, do i reach out?

ExpatInItaly

Nothing's going on, really.

She is your typical immature young girl looking for attention and sympathy.