Dating a woman who regularly medicates with cannabis?

I think it would be good for us to not be so quick to generalize each other. I hear good points from the sober and the stoner perspectives and really, it's the choice of the individual on whether or not they are down. I could say that sober people are boring or less productive because in general, I spend a lot of time around highly successful people who reacreationally enjoy a wide range of substances and the sober people I do know tend to be stuck up, boring, and wasting their time trying to do things like climb corporate ladders while my high friends are starting multiple businesses, working multiple jobs, investing in capital, and stacking their chips: legally I might add. However I live in the counter culture so of course that is what I will see. On the contrary, from the perspective of sober people who spend their time around sober people, the non-sober people that are obvious to them might have traits that stand out, which substance usage may be the cause of or the symptom of (I would err on the side of symptom). However, there's lots of drug users that you would never know used drugs unless they told you because they live a very productive and efficient lifestyle. And yes both prescription and recreational drugs can be abused. So something I think we can all learn from this thread is: some people are down and some people are not and I think it would be healthy for all of us to have more of an open mind toward the side that we are not. You never know, one of the best or most loyal people that you ever meet in your life may be across the aisle ?❤️

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers
This depends greatly on the person. When I tell others that I smoke regularly, they're actually dumbfounded. My home is always clean and shiny, smells nice, I always look professional and I'm kick ass at my job.

Same. I smoke occasionally, always outside on my patio. Most of my toker friends are serious, clean cut professionals with high-paying jobs. I myself just got a promotion and raise :cool:

• Like 1
Let's put aside the stigmas and stereotypes for a moment. Assuming you would have no idea she smokes weed unless she tells you (a.k.a it doesn't interfere with her daily functioning), how would you feel about dating a women who regularly smokes/vapes cannabis?

Go for it OP!

In fact, let’s all blaze together!

Have a beautiful day my friend.

thefooloftheyear

There is another aspect....

I can't speak for everyone, and like I said previously, whatever someone does with their bodies, money and time is their business and that's that...

I dunno....For me, the one's I know that are either smokers, drinkers, recreational drug users seem like they try to escape or 'loosen up" with the assistance of meds, booze, recreational drugs, etc...

That's great for them, but for me, i'd rather be with someone that doesn't need to medicate, drink, whatever to escape life and its varied circumstances...Some pain, stress, and adversity isn't necessarily always bad, and it gives you perspective and makes you stronger..

I'd prefer the type of people who deal with things differently...I "escape" aggravation and stress by exercise, going for a drive in my car, and other things like a walk outside, spending time around my animals, listening to good music, etc..I don't need to "loosen up" by way of a drug....To just get lit doesn't do anything for me, and ive tried just about everything in the past....It's all BS, but that's me...

There is a guy I know who has a good job and a family, but I know he smokes a fair amount of weed..He recently destroyed his wife's new car doing something so friggin stupid a 5 year old wouldn't do it...That's pretty sad, and pretty stupid...And there is no possible way he would have done this if he wasn't stoned...So why anyone would want to deal with that in a partner I have no idea...I can tell you his wife was absolutely furious over it..

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 2
So something I think we can all learn from this thread is: some people are down and some people are not and I think it would be healthy for all of us to have more of an open mind toward the side that we are not. You never know, one of the best or most loyal people that you ever meet in your life may be across the aisle ?❤️

I see your point but, honestly, I’ve yet to come across anyone who has done drugs of any kind that seem on the ball. They all seem to function in slow motion and screw up their lives at every turn. I think for me, my aversion to drugs is that I don’t like anything that leaves me out of control of myself. Not that weed does that but there was a time when I did weed but I stopped because doing it often took the fun out of it. I just felt lethargic and my mind was very foggy. I hated that feeling.

Then you have the guys they interviewed in Colorado who obviously did weed all the time. They looked and sounded like idiots. It actually frightened me to think that people chose to do that to themselves. But if there’s this hip and happening bunch who have way more snap when they’re on drugs, then more power to them. It’s just not for everyone and not everyone is affected he same way.

I do, however, believe that weed should be legalized in all ways - recreational and medicinal.

• Like 1

You used the word 'medicates' in the title, so I'm using it in my answer.

If she uses medicinal cannabis to ease chronic pain, seizures, etc I would have no problem. If she smoked a little now and then I would have no problem. But using for recreation on a daily basis would be a No from me.

You have compared weed use to alcohol in this thread too. I would date someone who enjoys wine with me a few nights per week. But not someone who drinks with the frequency you describe in your original post.

• Like 1

Let's keep to the topic 'how would you feel about dating a women who regularly smokes/vapes cannabis?"

Arguing that pot is better than alcohol is off topic, this thread is pretty narrow in what the thread starter is looking for.

If this thread turns into a debate on pot smokers pushing their agenda vs non pot smokers pushing their agenda I will close it.

Thanks

• Like 1
crispytoast

OP, to answer your question, there are a lot of really kind, creative, intelligent, and incredibly talented people who would not judge you for smoking weed. In general, cannabis will be a much smaller determining factor in whether or not someone chooses to date you in comparison to say, being a kind person and possessing rational reasoning skills, or having a path in life. Do your thing, function with integrity, keep your life handled, and be real with people. Always work toward being the most badass version of yourself and most people will not give a flying f*ck whether or not you smoke weed. And the ones who do care? They don't matter. One love

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed poke
  • Like 2
Looks like you guys could benefit from some cannabis :p You guys feel waaaayyy too uptight hehe

I wonder why you wouldn't simply stick to dating people that felt the same way about daily cannabis use you do?

If I was at Happy Hour every day, wouldn't like my chances in a relationship with a teetotaler...

Mr. Lucky

Ya it all boils down to "lifestyle" choice because it is truly a lifestyle. Just like I could never date a vegan. I want to enjoy sharing steak dinners and wear leather shoes without someone harping on me about it.

• Like 3
OP, to answer your question, there are a lot of really kind, creative, intelligent, and incredibly talented people who would not judge you for smoking weed. In general, cannabis will be a much smaller determining factor in whether or not someone chooses to date you in comparison to say, being a kind person and possessing rational reasoning skills, or having a path in life. Do your thing, function with integrity, keep your life handled, and be real with people. Always work toward being the most badass version of yourself and most people will not give a flying f*ck whether or not you smoke weed. And the ones who do care? They don't matter. One love

Why does it have to be judging them? I wouldn’t get into a relationship with a divorced man with small kids because we wouldn’t be compatible. But I totally respect the amazing job of a father to small kids. I admire Steve Jobs, who was doing LSD regularly when younger and was super creative. But it’s not for me.

• Like 3
crispytoast
Why does it have to be judging them? I wouldn’t get into a relationship with a divorced man with small kids because we wouldn’t be compatible. But I totally respect the amazing job of a father to small kids. I admire Steve Jobs, who was doing LSD regularly when younger and was super creative. But it’s not for me.

I like how you hone in on judge and ignore the rest of the post. It sort of proves my point. When someone is pro-choice when it comes to experimenting with the relationship between substances and the consciousness, many people will never allow them to be right, no matter how logical their rationale. Check it out, not wanting to be with a man who has children is a judgement. You are judging that you are not compatible with him because of his children. I am saying that there are plenty of people who would happily date someone who smokes weed or recreationally consumes other psychoactive substances, and that this decision to consume does not automatically make the consuming individual less capable of being creative, intelligent, or compassionate than any other human being.

• Like 1

No I would not date such a person just the same I would not date a man that drinks on regular basis specially not if it's to deal with stress/anxiety. A lot of people around me smoke cannabis, it's legal now, I don't judge them it's their life and they can run it as they see fit, I would not want it in mine though.

• Like 3
I like how you hone in on judge and ignore the rest of the post. It sort of proves my point. When someone is pro-choice when it comes to experimenting with the relationship between substances and the consciousness, many people will never allow them to be right, no matter how logical their rationale. Check it out, not wanting to be with a man who has children is a judgement. You are judging that you are not compatible with him because of his children. I am saying that there are plenty of people who would happily date someone who smokes weed or recreationally consumes other psychoactive substances, and that this decision to consume does not automatically make the consuming individual less capable of being creative, intelligent, or compassionate than any other human being.

:confused::eek:

Sorry I didn’t understand your use of the word “pro-choice”. It seems that you are the one who can’t allow others to make the choice regarding with whom to get into a relationship. People don’t want to date you must be judgmental?! There’s a poster on here who only considers a woman with small feet (no more than US size 5.5) and extremely petite body (US size 00 or 0) attractive. It’s entirely his choice. I don’t judge him to be judgmental about my slightly less small feet and slightly less petite size. Nor do I accuse him of saying I’m less creative, less intelligent, and less creative :confused::eek:

The OP asked if one is willing to date a person who self-medicates frequently with weed. Everybody gave her an answer with a reason. Nowhere did I see a claim that nobody would date a person with such a habit. Can you point to me where posters claimed that having such a habit “make the consuming individual less capable of being creative, intelligent, or compassionate than any other human being”?!

• Like 1

The OP asked if one is willing to date a person who self-medicates frequently with weed. Everybody gave her an answer with a reason. !

Oh. I didn’t give a reason but I don’t see the point. To me it’s a no brainer.

Lol

Looks like you guys could benefit from some cannabis :p You guys feel waaaayyy too uptight hehe

Oh I just saw from your other thread that you would only date a “white” guy, which is entirely your choice. Imagine some black guy tells you that you can benefit from dating a black guy and that you’re way too uptight to not consider a different skin color :confused::eek:

crispytoast
The OP asked if one is willing to date a person who self-medicates frequently with weed. Everybody gave her an answer with a reason. Nowhere did I see a claim that nobody would date a person with such a habit. Can you point to me where posters claimed that having such a habit “make the consuming individual less capable of being creative, intelligent, or compassionate than any other human being”?!

The whole post wasn't just aimed at the critics. I was answering the OP that yes there are people who would date someone who smokes weed. It's not all about you. With that being said, multiple times people said things like stoners are lazy, irresponsible, not the kind of people who can successfully have a family, etc etc. No I'm not going to point you to it because it's a reoccurring theme in the thread.

Edited by crispytoast
  • Author
Ya it all boils down to "lifestyle" choice because it is truly a lifestyle. Just like I could never date a vegan. I want to enjoy sharing steak dinners and wear leather shoes without someone harping on me about it.

Okay HUGE generalization here. This has nothing to do with lifestyle choice, but the person themselves.

Not all vegans take issue with people who eat animal products. I don't drink or eat meat, and sometimes it takes years before people notice because I don't say anything about it. I accept others and their choices.

Please don't put us all in the same box.

DrReplyInRhymes
Let's put aside the stigmas and stereotypes for a moment. Assuming you would have no idea she smokes weed unless she tells you (a.k.a it doesn't interfere with her daily functioning), how would you feel about dating a women who regularly smokes/vapes cannabis?

I'd have no problem whatsoever, I wouldn't even find it unique,

I used to toke all the time, hardly anyone ever knew me without weed.

I've dated women who smoke weed, I've dated women who don't,

Experiences have taught me that the majority of drama came from those who won't.

Each and every woman is different, what you have to ask is how does it affect you?

Is this something you're set against? Is it something you perceive to be rude?

Are you upset that she kept this from you more than the act of toking itself?

For the inability to be open about it may come from the stigma you're excluding yourself.

• Like 2
Okay HUGE generalization here. This has nothing to do with lifestyle choice, but the person themselves.

Not all vegans take issue with people who eat animal products. I don't drink or eat meat, and sometimes it takes years before people notice because I don't say anything about it. I accept others and their choices.

Please don't put us all in the same box.

They still couldn't share a steak dinner with you.

You would have something else while they ate steak.

Not the same.

With that being said, multiple times people said things like stoners are lazy, irresponsible, not the kind of people who can successfully have a family, etc etc.

Something like that becomes a cliche by being true often enough to be a cautionary tale.

So someone not wanting to date a daily cannabis user isn't passing judgement on you individually, they're simply playing what they see are the odds and avoiding common relationship pitfalls. Different strokes...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author
They still couldn't share a steak dinner with you.

You would have something else while they ate steak.

Not the same.

Oh no!! We cannot share our MEALS!!! We will starve because we have different tastes!! How will I ever eat again? How will my MAN ever eat again if I must always have half of his meal?

Hilarious :laugh: