Dating a woman who regularly medicates with cannabis?

CautiouslyOptimistic
This depends greatly on the person. When I tell others that I smoke regularly, they're actually dumbfounded. My home is always clean and shiny, smells nice, I always look professional and I'm kick ass at my job.

If everything smells like skunk, my guess is this person smokes indoors so the smell sticks to surfaces. This is reflective of home maintenance more than the smoking habit, I would say.

Is there a difference in smell between smoking a joint and vaping pot?

That's fair :) We all have a right to our preferences. May I point out, however, that beer has been known to have worse side effects (like aggression and violence) than weed.

Just sayin :D

We all have to weigh to pros and cons yes. But for me it's the smoking part. If they were having a nibble before bedtime to sleep or for pain I would take that over opioids any day. I'm no virgin to smoking it. Had a lot of years under my belt. I didn't like it anymore because I never got any benefit out of it. It was making me feel crappy, tired/slow.

My mother uses medical MJ products and she's in her 80's. It is a healthier/cheaper choice because she was on some serious pain killers....and that s &*^ is so bad for you. She preaches about the benefits of MJ products to other seniors to help others.

• Like 3
  • Author
Absolutely. But it’s odd that she asked if people would be okay, and then went on to argue with those who’re not.

Lol

Looks like you guys could benefit from some cannabis :p You guys feel waaaayyy too uptight hehe

• Like 2
  • Author
Is there a difference in smell between smoking a joint and vaping pot?

Absolutely. Smoking is the regular way people ingest. Vaporizing simply means heating up the dry herb until it produces a vapour but doesn't burn. I prefer this option as it healthier because you're not inhaling anything that burns, and it also provides a "clear" high. You experience the psychoactive components without the sluggishness or "heaviness" that is commonly associated with smoking.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Absolutely. Smoking is the regular way people ingest. Vaporizing simply means heating up the dry herb until it produces a vapour but doesn't burn. I prefer this option as it healthier because you're not inhaling anything that burns, and it also provides a "clear" high. You experience the psychoactive components without the sluggishness or "heaviness" that is commonly associated with smoking.

Do you mind if I send you a PM about this topic?

• Author
Do you mind if I send you a PM about this topic?

Oh sorry you asked about smell. There is a difference but I don't know how to describe it. Vaped weed smells far less and disappears within 15-20 minutes. Since it's not smoke but vapour, it doesn't stick to surfaces so there is no residual or lingering odours.

Yes of course! Feel free to PM me, I would be more than happy to answer any questions :)

• Like 1

I understand why you wanted to ask this question but I'm not sure why you did at the same time because you know the only people who are going to answer are those who don't like pot :rolleyes:

I tried smoking pot when I was a teenager a bunch of times and always hated it, I was always a drinker. I have always been anti-drug because I grew up around drug addicts and was exposed at an early age to what it does to people. I've always felt very strongly about my convictions on drugs.

However, about 4 years ago I started to suffer from anxiety that stemmed from a traumatic experience that brought up all of my past childhood trauma. Drinking didn't help, I even started smoking cigarettes again and that made it worse. I ended up dating a guy who smoked "sometimes" and I tried it with him and I actually liked it this time. It was only a one time deal but it opened my mind to trying again.

When I met my current boyfriend, I didn't realize he smoked everyday but I didn't mind that he smoked. Once I told him about my anxiety, he told me that smoking might help. I started smoking once in a while, it really did help. I now smoke every night, just a little bit to relax, and I can't believe I was so against pot for so many years. I judged so many of my friends, I thought all potheads were losers and I swore never to date one. My boyfriend was diagnosed with ADD as a kid and his parents put him on medication that made him feel like he was in a bubble and he hated it. As soon as he was a teenager, he tried pot and realized it relaxed him without taking away his personality and has smoked since then instead of taking medication.

I would 100% prefer to smoke/vape pot than being on prescribed medication for anxiety/depression. I have never wanted to take any kind of pills which is why I never went to a doctor for my anxiety. Pot works just fine and I only need a little bit. A lot of the stereo types are wrong for pot smoking adults. I understand everyone has a preference, nothing wrong with that but I just don't think there is a need for judgement. I still like to drink sometimes but I have slowed down a lot, which is another benefit in my opinion :)

• Like 1

OP, you seem to have your own very definite opinion about this, so why ask others? All that matters is what YOU think.

I don't think anyone is being uptight here, I think they are simply responding to your inquiry as to what they think about it.

I have no problems, in general, with people who smoke weed, but I respect that others have differing opinions without seeing them as uptight. You asked for opinions, you're getting them :)

• Like 2

Drugs are bad, mkay.. Don't do drugs, mkay.. Don't date people who do drugs, mkay..

But if you do, definitely don't hit me up because we for sure won't have a really fun time

legalities and moral stuff aside...

The absolute BIGGEST issue I would have is you would never know the real person behind the drugs.. you would only know the stoned person.

Someone who smokes everyday will have a different disposition and personality while high (which would be all the time since it takes days/weeks for your personality to change back) then while sober...

I wouldn't do it.. but I like to talk to sober people...

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1
Lol

Looks like you guys could benefit from some cannabis :p You guys feel waaaayyy too uptight hehe

Sounds like you’re the uptight one to think everybody has to be okay dating someone dependent on weeds. For me, it’s no different than someone who has to rely on alcohol or cigarettes or synthetic opioids or binge eating to function daily.

The lazy stoner is a huge stereotype. I know lots of people who smoke lots of weed and are some of the savviest, most successful & driven people I know. I wouldnt mind dating a stoner woman as long as she has her life together. Same with drugs, I mean there's plenty of assh*le sober people so why discriminate? I used to smoke a fair amount of weed myself.. I only smoke once in a blue moon now. These days, I prefer CBD tinctures, weak edibles, and topical rubs. Oh and if you haven't tried medicated lube, you're 100% really missing out. Just sayin

Also.. nobody is dependent on weed that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. @Hopeful you seem chill, there's plenty of people that I'm sure would date you. The stoner community is innovative and artistic. Enjoy your journey through space and time ????

Edited by crispytoast
  • Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
The lazy stoner is a huge stereotype. I know lots of people who smoke lots of weed and are some of the savviest, most successful & driven people I know.

I have a good friend whose boyfriend is very dependent on edible cannibas (gummies). He has a good, stable job and makes good money, etc. But it really affects their "free time" because he can become a "bump on a log" and she is the type who wants to be out doing fun things. It also seems to really affect his sex drive negatively....well, something is....I don't know enough about cannabis to know if that would do it.

The lazy stoner is a huge stereotype.

Not in my experience.. I was speaking from experience on the matter with past friends a couple of family members..

OP: Would it be surprising that some people would not date a functioning alcoholic? I have a very smart friend who has a very prestigious career. But he is an alcoholic, albeit a functioning one. He has to go on a binge drinking extravaganza every week or so. Of course that makes him feel good. But I wouldn’t want to be his gf.

• Like 1
I have a good friend whose boyfriend is very dependent on edible cannibas (gummies). He has a good, stable job and makes good money, etc. But it really affects their "free time" because he can become a "bump on a log" and she is the type who wants to be out doing fun things. It also seems to really affect his sex drive negatively....well, something is....I don't know enough about cannabis to know if that would do it.

Thats why I said weak edibles. Most of the ones from dispensaries are way too strong. You really only need a half or a quarter of one. As for sex drive.. well I can only say it's only positive affected my sex life. My ex and I used to have sex marathons that spanned from hours to whole weekends. I miss when I had time for that kind of fun ?

• Like 2

Uptight? Why assume things? As I said there’s another much harsher drug I kind of like. But extremely occasionally. You have to respect some people don’t lkke weed or anything to do with it. I have many friends who do it and I couldn’t care less what they do or don’t. I just don’t want a partner who does it daily.

You seem like the uptight one... :eek:

It’s like me telling someone: “why don’t you like kink? How can it be possible to not like kink? You’re so uptight.” Lol

• Author
OP: Would it be surprising that some people would not date a functioning alcoholic? I have a very smart friend who has a very prestigious career. But he is an alcoholic, albeit a functioning one. He has to go on a binge drinking extravaganza every week or so. Of course that makes him feel good. But I wouldn’t want to be his gf.

The effects of alcohol and weed are very different. It's why medical cannabis exists and medical alcohol does not.

Also, smoking weed and being an addict are two very different things. You seem to be confusing the two.

The effects of alcohol and weed are very different. It's why medical cannabis exists and medical alcohol does not.

Also, smoking weed and being an addict are two very different things. You seem to be confusing the two.

Personally I have no problem with someone who smokes weed very occasionally. But it doesn’t sound like that’s the frequency you’re asking.

Also, fentanyl is also a prescribed medicine. I wouldn’t date someone who self-medicates himself with it.

Edited by JuneL

I was a hippie pothead and I've done everything in the book -- and that's why I know better than to get overly mixed up with someone who self-medicates themselves on a daily basis with anything the doctor didn't prescribe. Those people are using it as an anesthetic for mental pain, which means they have big issues you don't know about in their past they're just covering up. And someone who uses anything regularly, even alcohol, isn't going to work through those issues and their mental growth is just going to be stunted and stay the same until and unless they stop and face their issues, and even then, they don't just snap into realtime but are like a 40 year old teenager mentally and emotionally. They don't mature properly.

In my mind there was always a big difference between someone who sometimes smoked a joint or took "a" pill and those people who always just stayed f'd up and took a handful. And I wasn't imagining that. It's the difference in recreational mentality and addictive personality and/or just plain lack of common sense.

Tell me, who'd want to keep someone like that and have kids with them? That's when the **** hits the fan. They're not going to just magically stop.

• Like 3
  • Author
I was a hippie pothead and I've done everything in the book -- and that's why I know better than to get overly mixed up with someone who self-medicates themselves on a daily basis with anything the doctor didn't prescribe. Those people are using it as an anesthetic for mental pain, which means they have big issues you don't know about in their past they're just covering up. And someone who uses anything regularly, even alcohol, isn't going to work through those issues and their mental growth is just going to be stunted and stay the same until and unless they stop and face their issues, and even then, they don't just snap into realtime but are like a 40 year old teenager mentally and emotionally. They don't mature properly.

In my mind there was always a big difference between someone who sometimes smoked a joint or took "a" pill and those people who always just stayed f'd up and took a handful. And I wasn't imagining that. It's the difference in recreational mentality and addictive personality and/or just plain lack of common sense.

Tell me, who'd want to keep someone like that and have kids with them? That's when the **** hits the fan. They're not going to just magically stop.

I understand where you're coming from, but also respectfully disagree. It's a common generalization and misconception that weed makes you 'dumber'. My memory (and academic performance at that time) increased 10-fold when I started smoking. I would vape, read a couple chapters than ace a test about those chapters. We have to take into consideration that cannabis (just like alcohol) affects people very differently.

Cannabis doesn't need a piece of paper to say "prescription" for it's medicinal benefits to work. Prescribed or not, the side effects will remain the same. Bare in mind that there are lots of sh*tty doctors out there who misdiagnose and prescribe dangerous pharmaceutical medications that make things worse. A doctor's prescription doesn't justify it's use, and visa versa, benefiting from the medicinal effects aren't less just because the weed isn't prescribed.

I've learned that in the west, good doctors are few and unfortunately we have to make our own decisions when it comes to health. So far, my decision to smoke/vape has given me more benefits and help than any doctor I've ever been to (including psychologists). You're also confusing regular cannabis use with addiction. The two are not the same thing. And yes, when addiction is in the picture, naturally it's wiser to be cautious around such people.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

I never smoked weed in my life, have no desire too. Many of my close family members and friends do, does not bother me. Currently dating someone who smokes frequently, also does not bother me. I would rather date someone who smokes than drinks frequently. It is all your preference really.

• Like 1
I understand where you're coming from, but also respectfully disagree. It's a common generalization and misconception that weed makes you 'dumber'. My memory (and academic performance at that time) increased 10-fold when I started smoking. I would vape, read a couple chapters than ace a test about those chapters. We have to take into consideration that cannabis (just like alcohol) affects people very differently.

Cannabis doesn't need a piece of paper to say "prescription" for it's medicinal benefits to work. Prescribed or not, the side effects will remain the same. Bare in mind that there are lots of sh*tty doctors out there who misdiagnose and prescribe dangerous pharmaceutical medications that make things worse. A doctor's prescription doesn't justify it's use, and visa versa, benefiting from the medicinal effects aren't less just because the weed isn't prescribed.

I've learned that in the west, good doctors are few and unfortunately we have to make our own decisions when it comes to health. So far, my decision to smoke/vape has given me more benefits and help than any doctor I've ever been to (including psychologists). You're also confusing regular cannabis use with addiction. The two are not the same thing. And yes, when addiction is in the picture, naturally it's wiser to be cautious around such people.

Just my two cents.

I have to disagree. I said nothing about that it made you dumber. I said it stunts your mental/emotional growth when you're doing it for addictive reasons due to emotional pain and that people who do it all the time, that's why.

• Like 2
I understand where you're coming from, but also respectfully disagree. It's a common generalization and misconception that weed makes you 'dumber'. My memory (and academic performance at that time) increased 10-fold when I started smoking. I would vape, read a couple chapters than ace a test about those chapters. We have to take into consideration that cannabis (just like alcohol) affects people very differently. ...

That's the case for one of my kids and my ex-husband too. They focused retained and analyzed better after smoking pot and were high academic performers. My kid who is like that had been prescribed ritalin and adderall, which are much worse in my opinion, but didn't perform nearly as well on those as she does on pot. Shattered my preconceptions which had really been personal- I'm completely useless if I smoke pot or drink. It is different for everyone.

• Like 2

I find your justifications with your self-medication more alarming than your daily use of weed, tbh. But I’ll gladly bow out of here. Good luck!

• Like 1