I have an admirer and husband is unhappy.

Well, I have been at the other end of this: I strongly admired and was in love with a co-worker who was married and nothing ever came of it.. ZERO except my heartache.

(I am single.) Once I gave her a gift for a job that

she did for me and she returned it. I did not appreciate that.

Somewhere this guy will think of you fondly, but you and your husband should try forgetting this, bury it. No sense scratching a sore spot.

Commongoal123

Your husband sounds like a ****ing *******, and it sounds like you are getting something out of this other guy who admires you whether you admit it to yourself or not.

You and your husband are both in the wrong. Him, for making comments about your girlfriends that is clearly to make you feel jealous and/or insecure... and is a really ****ed up powerplay on his part. You, for talking to the guy who admires you at ALL. If you don't want him to continue sending you really inappropriate cards, gifts, etc, then you tell him no and you stop talking to him completely even though you are co-workers. If he talks to you, you tell him you don't want to talk to him. If you continues, file a complaint with your company.

But it sounds like you want the attention that your ******* husband doesn't give you. And I am sorry to hear of this situation.

DonaldDuckster
your husband is a control freak. tell him that if he doesn't change his ways that you will leave him

NOT! The OP has accepted gifts on Valentine’s Day and other holidays from a man not her husband. Surprised your husband has not divorced you yet.

• Like 1
DonaldDuckster

And you're from where she's from? It's notoriously hard in the US to get a restraining order even in cases far scarier than this, and resulted in a lot of emotional pain, injury, and death. It's a huge issue. But it's nice that somewhere it's just that easy. I wonder if she took this route she'd have to take it up with HR?

In Washington state you can get a restraining order if you say that you feel threatened. Thats it. If you violate an order, you get arrested and have a serious mark on your record. I know that nearby states have similar practices.

• Author
NOT! The OP has accepted gifts on Valentine’s Day and other holidays from a man not her husband. Surprised your husband has not divorced you yet.

Not true! This was the only gift and it arrived via post I didn’t know who it was from, not sure if you have postal service there, but they just turn up here you don’t have the chance to say “no don’t put that in my mail”

My husband is welcome to divorce me, why he would I’m not sure? We had a great discussion about this and to be perfectly honest he’s been a Whole lot more horrible with other stuff. So stop being so judgemental!

Have reported and asked for this to be closed down.