Bench warrant

• Author
amaysngrace

So today I got served a motion that he now wants to stop support by saying our daughter is emancipated. He says I poisoned the kids against him and his entire family.

I can’t wait to show a judge what a liar he is in his sworn statement. Bring it.

And forget him getting caught up, I’m going to ask to have all his outstanding debt added to his probation tally.

I keep really great records. :)

• Like 2
So today I got served a motion that he now wants to stop support by saying our daughter is emancipated. He says I poisoned the kids against him and his entire family.

Even if it was true that's not a case for emancipation because it's not the child's fault. Best he could hope for using that strategy is for the judge to caution you not to disparage him in front of the children and maybe order family therapy or something along those lines.

• Author
amaysngrace

Yea I don’t know about what he can or can’t do, I’m just going to dispute every lie he’s told with evidence.

One thing is very clear, he is without legal representation.

• Like 1

Major kudos on being a good record keeper. I was not in my first marriage , but I certainly am now!!

• Like 1
  • Author
amaysngrace

He can’t keep great records because he moves too often. I’m sure all of this came about because he was trying to duck and got caught but it’s not my problem that probation here does a really great job, found him and made him pay.

Going in lying is probably not the best way to go.

That emancipation crap will never fly. Never seen it. I can't believe he even found an attorney to file that motion. Unless he gave up his parental rights legally, nah. And I think you'd have to have agreed to that.

• Like 1
  • Author
amaysngrace

He doesn’t have an attorney for this. He did it all himself.

He’s just mad they caught up with him. Again, not my problem. He can stop paying, I don’t really care but I’m actually glad he wants to go to court because I’ve been waiting to get his half of out of pocket expenses paid back for years.

So it’s all good any way it goes. I’m actually glad he initiated. It puts his “money hungry exW” statement into perspective.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
amaysngrace

Today I hired a private investigator. Hopefully when we go to court next month I can prove what a liar he is before the judge.

My daughter wants to come with me too. She always makes a good impression. I wasn’t sure if she should go because it’ll definitely put a wedge between her and her dad but I figure I’ll let her make that call.

If she wants to express herself then who am I to keep her from that? I’d be the biggest hypocrite in the world to deny her that opportunity especially because I’m the one who taught her how to use her voice. Better out than in is one of my favorite expressions.

I just hope she doesn’t feel bad about it someday.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Author

Wow so since I posted last we’ve been to court THREE times! Since April.

Anyway I’m glad it’s winding down. Today I gave my exH a gift of child support overpayment. In our agreement any overpayments are suppose to be assumed a gift but I allowed the overpayment of support be used as a credit since he’s been paying all along.

I didn’t realize it at the time, meaning in court, but I have time to file a motion for reconsideration.

It’s $5000. I’m going to need to sit with it for a little to see if I’m okay with that.

• Author

Oh, and my daughter never showed up for court any of those times. She and I both agree it’s in bad form.