Is he making an advance?

I know. Just saying :p
I thought I heard something rustling in the bushes outside my window last night.

I'm watching you:cool:

Mrs._December

And perhaps someone is petting the drama llama and making drama where it isn't necessary?

3) I will not mention it to my husband, and will shred the letter he sent and throw it away.
What is with all the Secret Squirrel drama you're infusing into this? Jeez, you're acting like some guy rode up to your house on his white steed and is begging you to run off to his castle with him.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe he included his picture with his thank you note simply because he figured you might not know which renter he was? You said at best, you were acquaintances during his stay, so maybe he felt the need to send a pic so you'd know who he was. You also said you rent out cottages to people, so he's apparently not the only renter you had. Yeah, it was dumb to put in a picture but some guys do dumb things. Let's face it, they aren't always known for their incredible knowledge of etiquette, now are they? What seems normal to one might seem silly or inappropriate to the next. It sounds to me as though he simply wanted to thank you for a pleasant stay at your place and foolishly added in a picture to identify himself so you'd know which renter was sending you a thank you note.

I honestly think YOU'RE the one whose desperately hoping it's something more than the rather clumsy thank you card it actually is.

But this nonsense about not telling your husband about the card and acting like it's some kind of passionate love letter is just another way to feed your fantasy, is all.

• Like 2
He's not a young innocent girl. He is a grown man and a former tenant that used to rent from them.

Yes but the fact that he is so much younger makes his approach kind of cute and forgivable. A woman getting this approach from an older man may not have the same appeal.

• Like 1

Another possibility is that he saw you like a kind mother. I was thinking about writing thank you cards to a couple of older guys (my middle school teacher, my doctor from when I was much younger and living in another state). I used to be very shy, so I was thinking about letting know that I really appreciated them as a teacher and a doctor, even though each probably thought he didn’t do anything special for me and didn’t really know much about me. But imagine they receive my card and mistake my gesture as having a crush and making an advance and plan to hide it from their wives :laugh:

• Like 1

But this nonsense about not telling your husband about the card and acting like it's some kind of passionate love letter is just another way to feed your fantasy, is all.

Lol, so true, but let Sarah have her moment....

OP, after the letter shredding, please have a look at your marriage and husband. Tell us what you are feeling/thinking about that.

• Like 3
Yes but the fact that he is so much younger makes his approach kind of cute and forgivable.
No it doesn't. He isn't 5. And for kids who really are too young,...they need a father that is smart enough to teach his son that you don't send letters to married women with your picture as if it is some convoluted way to get laid. Prevent the bad habits from forming rather than say its "cute". When some women has to get a restraining order against some little Beta Stalker who won't take the hint it is not "cute" any more.

And it isn't good or bad based on if she thinks it is good or bad,...it is bad because it just IS.

Edited by PRW
No it doesn't. He isn't 5. And for kids who really are too young,...they need a father that is smart enough to teach his son that you don't send letters to married women with your picture as if it is some convoluted way to get laid. Prevent the bad habits from forming rather than say its "cute". When some women has to get a restraining order against some little Beta Stalker who won't take the hint it is not "cute" any more.

And it isn't good or bad based on if she thinks it is good or bad,...it is bad because it just IS.

Oh but it's cute and endearing coming from a young woman but not a young man?

I don't think JuneL said the girl was 5 either. Ask the OP if she found it cute and endearing and I'll bet she says yes. Double standards much?

Either way no one regardless of age should be hitting on people who are married.

Oh but it's cute and endearing coming from a young woman but not a young man?

I don't think JuneL said the girl was 5 either. Ask the OP if she found it cute and endearing and I'll bet she says yes. Double standards much?

Either way no one regardless of age should be hitting on people who are married.

This thread is getting silly and pointless.
CautiouslyOptimistic
This thread is getting silly and pointless.

Haha! True.

I don't think OP is coming back now that her true desire has been uncovered by her decision that she won't tell her husband about the letter and then reply to it.

• Author
Haha! True.

I don't think OP is coming back now that her true desire has been uncovered by her decision that she won't tell her husband about the letter and then reply to it.

I'm still here. I only said I wouldn't mention it to my husband for his sake.No point in getting jealous over something I might be mistaken about.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I'm still here. I only said I wouldn't mention it to my husband for his sake.No point in getting jealous over something I might be mistaken about.

Then let me ask you......what's your motivation for writing him back? Do you want to start a back and forth communication with this man? If so, it's only fair that you tell your husband.

• Like 1

OP, are you bored in your marriage and looking for a little excitement and flirting or something?

I can't why you'd even bother replying at all otherwise.

I think the fact that you are questioning whether to tell your husband about it is more telling than anything....

If you have to question it, then it is inappropriate.

Don't answer, shred it, and feel good that you had someone young pay attention to you.

• Like 1

I think your husband will be a lot more jealous knowing you received that letter and picture without telling him and then writing this guy back. Why would he be jealous at this point just because you received a letter? That is not your fault. If you respond without telling him you will be at fault.

• Like 1
Write the letter just as I described in the beginning. Both you and your husband sign it at the bottom.
  • Like 2