Women's minds are tricky

Agreed, but men who date women are going to experience this primarily from women. Personally, I've never experienced this from male associates. My girlfriend says she's experienced it from both men (she's dated in the past) and women (friends). I've heard similar from female friends in the past.

If you don't mind, can you provide an example of a man's actions being in direct conflict with his words that you've experienced? I'm curious as to what it looks like from the woman's side.

I've had multiple men tell me they want a relationship, only to tell me we're "moving too fast" a week later. This is always conveniently after we've had sex. A month goes by and they're in a relationship with someone else. I honestly don't trust anyone now who gives me the song and dance of being into me. I may honestly never date again.

• Like 1
What about women who say they want a man who is / does X but then chooses to date a man who is not / does not do X? I saw this a lot with my female friends. Heck, my sister is a perfect example of this and she's in her early thirties now.

I wanted a man who showed his love with flowers and romantic gestures. I ended up with the most unromantic man in the world. But it's OK because he shows his love with general thoughtfulness and being there - which I've discovered is so much more meaningful than random flowers and Valentines day gifts.

The change of mind comes with growing and learning.

What about women who say they want a man who is / does X but then chooses to date a man who is not / does not do X?

Maybe she's expanding her horizons, and somehow neglected to inform you about it?

• Like 1
  • Author
manfrombelow2

You guys can check out my latest topic about the mistake of "confessing".

Many women I've been with all asked me the same question after our 1st sex:

"Why didn't you confess anything to me?" (or something along its line)

They were all surprised I didn't "make an official move (like confessing)" before having sex with them, because that's what they think they want.

But in reality? The moment I opened my sorry mouth to "confess my feelings" to them, that's when their Interest Level in me would drop from 100 to zero faster than you count from 1 to 3.

I think this makes another good example regarding the difference between what women think they want and what they actually want, hence enriching this topic that we are discussing.

women like to wallow in a pool of emotions and feelings

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Redact quote of prior post
You guys can check out my latest topic about the mistake of "confessing".<snip>.

I wouldn’t want a guy telling me he loves me after a few weeks of dating, but I would like him to tell me he likes me. After a few months, I would be thrilled if he’s the one saying « I love you » first, because that would be reasonable since we got to know each other and we are building a solid foundation for our relationship. So, after a few dates, hell no. After a few months, hell yeah. It is not about him saying it first, but the timing of the confession.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Truncate quote