Is my son’s coach flirting? Or is it my imagination?

CautiouslyOptimistic
I respectfully disagree.

And just for the record, I could care less if he’s married. This is not about falling in love and having kids. It’s about sex. Pure and simple.

Well, this makes you as "low level" as the "ugly women" you mentioned in the rest of your post. Why are you ok with sleeping with another woman's husband? Does she deserve it in some way? Do you have empathy for other people?

• Like 2
  • Author

I won’t get into a discussion with you over what I meant by “low level”. You know exactly what I meant.

And this is not about his wife “deserving” anything. You people are so dramatic. This is about sex, nothing else. It’s fun and not the end-all, be-all of someone’s life. Nothing anyone says here will change my mind about that, I just like coming here to discuss these things that are happening to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1
Mrs._December
I won’t get into a discussion with you over what I meant by “low level”. You know exactly what I meant.

And this is not about his wife “deserving” anything. You people are so dramatic. This is about sex, nothing else. It’s fun and not the end-all, be-all of someone’s life. Nothing anyone says here will change my mind about that, I just like coming here to discuss these things that are happening to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not going to give you heck about disrespecting his wife, etc., because I know it's not an issue for you and nothing anyone says will change your mind.

But you may want to consider your SON. I know you probably think you're way too clever to get caught and only other cheaters are stupid enough to have that happen to them, but the reality is, the odds are not in your favor. So, what do you think your son would think of you if you had an affair with this guy and you got caught and everyone found out? How do you think he'd look at you after that?

The old expression, "don't **** where you eat" was coined for a reason.

• Like 1
I respectfully disagree.

And just for the record, I could care less if he’s married. This is not about falling in love and having kids. It’s about sex. Pure and simple.

I disagree that he won’t try to follow through. He would have discouraged the flirting until now if that were the case. I do agree he’s enjoying it - because our interest has only been platonic for 6+ years, and this is the first time we’ve had enough contact for the flirting to escalate. It must be different for someone just reading a narrative, but I recognize his tone and looks and reactions when we are face to face. His physical interest has been clear for years - I am an attractive woman - , but the question here is whether or not he will turn it into more. I am not the kind of woman to chase a man - that’s for ugly women. Our interactions have only just started - and escalated - since basketball season started. We are both married people in a small community. It would be social suicide to come out of the blue “confessing feelings” for another parent! That’s for single, unattached and low-level people.

The married-but-cheating game is much more subtle and involved. We need to feel each other our first. I haven’t done anything that makes him sure of my interest. We’re both walking on eggshells and that’s what makes it exciting, in my opinion. So I guess some posters could be right.... But I highly doubt it.

I thought you were getting sex from your husband, has that stopped too?

Edith you have it wrong, having affairs while married is what low-level people do. You and your husband are no different. I imagine he's happy your attention has been taken off him.

• Like 2

This is you on December 18th:

I’d noticed him staring at me a few times but didn’t think anything of it, just that men sometimes do that...I feel entitled to this after everything my husband has done. Although, the coach’s flirting is probably all in my head.

This is you now:

His physical interest has been clear for years...I can’t begin to describe to you guys how freeing it is to not be focused on my husband and his affairs... I can’t even remember the last time I’ve felt this happy.

Sometime in the past two weeks any vestige of self-awareness imploded and gave way to this monomaniacal (not to mention egomaniacal) fixation. What do you think is more likely: that this man has been nurturing a secret passion for years that's finally coming to the surface, or that you are so desperate to distract yourself from your husband's infidelity that you've constructed an entire torrid affair as a mental escape?

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic

So you have no empathy. You wouldn't care if you had sex with this woman's husband and she became upset about it when she finds out.

I find it fascinating when people can operate with no empathy for others. How else does this manifest in your life?

• Like 2

I didn't say he wouldn't want to have sex with you, just that he may not go there knowing what is at risk, like losing his wife/family/divorce and dealing with the humility. Not all men are knuckle daggers and can't control their urges.

I sense lack of self esteem, and this is giving you the ego boost, shot of dopamine, the desire to be desired, you have been looking for. The thrill of taboo sex whirling around in your head. Every step you take, you think about the act, and gets you high with anticipation. To get you through the day, you replay it in your head...gets you all fluttery with every hit from your imagination......

• Like 2
I didn't say he wouldn't want to have sex with you, just that he may not go there knowing what is at risk, like losing his wife/family/divorce and dealing with the humility. Not all men are knuckle daggers and can't control their urges.

I really don't think he would sleep with her. Remember how he immediately moved away from her when the wife came around?! He seems to be a coward who is scared of his wife.

So you have no empathy. You wouldn't care if you had sex with this woman's husband and she became upset about it when she finds out.

I find it fascinating when people can operate with no empathy for others. How else does this manifest in your life?

When people are hell-bent on revenge, others hit in the crossfire are just collateral damage...

Yeah OK, you came here to chat about something really weird and sad. To me it sounds like you've lost your mind and posting here hoping someone will stop you from destroying everything.

I could be wrong maybe you're a psychopath who just doesn't care.

It's hard to tell.

• Like 5