disgusted with myself for kissing another man

guilt-ridden

Hi Guiltridden, sorry to see you here. From everything you've written about the evening it is apparent that you are remorseful for what was an inappropriate escapade with your friend's husband. I think it is a very good thing that you feel so strongly about something like this having occurred. Also the fact that you owned up to your minor misdemeanour to your husband as early as you did. All this indicates that you have firm boundaries in place in the normal course and have had the good sense to realize the inappropriateness of what transpired. Your decision to eliminate drinking is, I think, a very good decision. While a small quantity of liquor consumed during social events is the norm and may be expected, consuming more than moderate amounts is not advisable for either men or women. In any case I do think women leave themselves vulnerable to being exploited in an inebriated state whereas men can only end up making a bit of a fool of themselves and nothing more.

I do hope both you and your husband are now doing well and any issues arising out of this incident are being addressed appropriately by both of you. Best wishes.