Handshake greeting and goodbye on 1st date

max3732

• Author
I’m not sure that she isn’t showing interest at this point. But I thought the follow up text sounded a bit try hard. Why text to say “that story we just talked about on the date we just went on was interesting.”

I don't know. It just popped into my head as something memorable about our meeting and I didn't want to just say "nice meeting you" with nothing else.

The woman from online said she will met me know about tomorrow. It's definitely been an issue for me to not have many prospects and it's kind of exciting to be able to meet so many women back to back.

Last week I went out with 2 other women that I wasn't interested in (again 1 from real life, 1 from online). What's funny is that "handshake woman" was the most friendly and engaging in real life and really put me at ease. When we were talking it was like we'd known each other forever. In thinking about it part of that may be because she looks like and has similar mannerisms to someone I had a crush on in graduate school. Hopefully that's not clouding my thinking.

• Like 1
  • Author

Just as a follow up I had to reschedule it to tonight. From what I've gathered it's not required, but I should try to do some kind of light touch. It will also be interesting to see how she greets me. If she sticks her hand out I wonder if I should also hug her?

We will be sitting next to each other so definitely more opportunities for some contact, but this is so new to me I have this fear I'm going to make it weird. I noticed some guys I talk to will also put their hand on my shoulder or arm so it can't be too viewed by her as too crazy on a 2nd date if I emphasize a point by touching her shoulder. I just wish I had someone to practice on.

She was pretty fun and upbeat and made it easy to have a good conversation so I think we can do that again. I've never really made it past a 2nd date in the last few years so I'm pretty nervous. Last time I was excited about a 2nd date I got put in the friend zone afterwards and didn't touch the woman at all during the date.

lavenderandvelvet
Just as a follow up I had to reschedule it to tonight. From what I've gathered it's not required, but I should try to do some kind of light touch. It will also be interesting to see how she greets me. If she sticks her hand out I wonder if I should also hug her?

We will be sitting next to each other so definitely more opportunities for some contact, but this is so new to me I have this fear I'm going to make it weird. I noticed some guys I talk to will also put their hand on my shoulder or arm so it can't be too viewed by her as too crazy on a 2nd date if I emphasize a point by touching her shoulder. I just wish I had someone to practice on.

She was pretty fun and upbeat and made it easy to have a good conversation so I think we can do that again. I've never really made it past a 2nd date in the last few years so I'm pretty nervous. Last time I was excited about a 2nd date I got put in the friend zone afterwards and didn't touch the woman at all during the date.

Touching is good - but it doesn’t need to be a big production. It also depends on the kind of person you are. I’m touchy so I have to tone it down to not send the wrong impression.

I’m liable to to touch your shlulder, knee, grab your arm and all sorts of things. Shoulder might be extreme for you.