Don't models in their mid 20's know that their time is limited?

Sounds like she's having fun. You know, people age less quickly these days than they once did. Plus, she's probably making good side money and can afford a face lift at some point.

• Like 1
MountainGirl111

I've also heard this one: "The good life is pretty much over after a woman gives birth. She will never get her figure back. She'll miss out on beauty sleep..." The list goes on. My advice: don't buy into this kind of negative thinking. Also known as fatalistic thinking. Stay positive. Eat well. Sleep well. Exercise. Manage stress well. Do the things you love and love the things you do. Teach others to treat you well.

• Like 3
I just think my former hairdresser and all those instagram models should at least start looking for a man to settle while they are still in their prime, because as they age as any women hits 35 they won't have alot of options left.

She’ll have lost her shot at all those fake tan, capped teeth, leased Mercedes guys populating every 24 Hour Fitness in Southern California. Everyone else will still be in available...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
I just look at models from the 80's for example who were at their "prime." They were gorgeous back in the days and currently would make them at least mid 50's now, and alot of them aged, which happens, I mean, and some who hit 40 start using botox and the surgery starts coming in. I just think my former hairdresser and all those instagram models should at least start looking for a man to settle while they are still in their prime, because as they age as any women hits 35 they won't have alot of options left.

How old are you and are you married?

An attractive woman who takes care of herself, will have options at almost any age. :)

I would agree with that, but it applies to men too

"She", the OP is a woman.

Oh... ok, how weird. Totally missed it, maybe didn't read carefully. Anyway, I've got an impression the OP is some kind of bitter guy, who's been rejected by a model and in general likes talking about women like they were somekind of products with an exipiration date. Apparently not, huh..

It's hard to say how long someone can model. Elvira is almost 70 and still working. Aging isn't what it used to be. Look at Nicole Murphy, Elle Macpherson, Vida Guerra, Elsa Pataky. If she's already a pro model, she'll probably do what it takes to maintain her looks.

Kitty Tantrum

I wonder about this myself, because I've always been hyper-family-oriented and I have a hard time imagining women not wanting to settle down and get married and have kids as soon as they can. But not everyone wants that, and that's okay. I try not to judge. Live and let live, and all that. And there ARE women who have had long modeling careers and then gone on to have happy families. I think it's more about how a woman manages her resources than the sort of job she has. Some are able to get in, get their money, and get out in a much better position than they were when they got into it.

The thing that makes me sad is that modeling can be an exploitative industry, and there are plenty of young women who get into it not understanding how to navigate it. Young women DO often get caught up in the "lifestyle" that accompanies the profession, and often DON'T fully realize that they might be trading away their dreams for the future by not being careful about the choices that they make in the present.

Hmmmm IG 'models' are usually trashy looking 'girls' loving selfies and photoshop. I wouldn't call this 'model' even in joking sense.

Now, runway modeling is a serious business that is very intense, short lived, and very few have the genetic gift to get into it. But usually these women have the height, long muscles, bone structure etc to look good later in life, so less worry for them :D

There is another aspect, let's call it delusions, which includes

1) women thinking they look younger ("i'm 40 but still get carded" type of believers)

2) women living with their younger image in their selves (" I was asked out 3x/day. I must be hot although it happened 20 years ago)

3) PC correctness ("everyone is beautiful, be just the way you are") making women and men alike incapable of accurate self-image evaluation

But that has nothing to do with modeling and is just a symptom of the broken society we live in...

• Like 1
It's hard to say how long someone can model. Elvira is almost 70 and still working. Aging isn't what it used to be. Look at Nicole Murphy, Elle Macpherson, Vida Guerra, Elsa Pataky. If she's already a pro model, she'll probably do what it takes to maintain her looks.

LOL but how to compare Elle Macpherson with 5'1 heavy handedly contoured and highlighted IG 'beauty'... I think the first one has nothing to worry about and the second one is just someone living in a self-created dream world :lmao:

My former hairdresser who is 27 is a "professional" model -like she does photoshoots, does the whole instagram sexy photos-even moved to the west coast to make a career out of that. She's single and claims that she doesn't need a man, wants her freedom or what not, she travels with friends, etc, etc.
Do you know who is the wife of Tom Brady? Her name is Gisele Bundchen, and she's 37 years old. She makes double what Tom Brady used to make in his prime. Adriana Lima? Alessandra Ambrosio? These are all women in their mid to late 30s, and they still make a lot of money from their modelling careers.

David Gandy is also almost 40 and he makes dozens of millions a year modelling for some of the best fashion brands in the world. You think attractive people stop being attractive just because they arent' 18 anymore?

And I'm thinking, well, shouldn't see be looking for a man at least someone who is like 7-10 years older than her and think about settling down.
Why exactly should be seeking for an older man? Lemme guess, you are older than her by 7-10 years and you feel that your money gets you on the same level that the male models who are 27 are at? That's rather cute :lmao:

She's not going to look like that forever-and what's going to happen to her when she hits 37?
She's either going to be married to a 37 year old man who is as sexually attractive as she is, or she's going to be married to a rich, older guy that has millions in his bank accounts, or she's going to be 37 and banging hot male models who are in their mid 20s, or she's going to be single and enjoying Chinese pottery. Who cares? What does it matter what this woman is going to be doing?

Don't models have some retirement age at 30?
You don't know much about the fashion industry :lmao:

I mean by then, I would think no one wants to hire a 35 year old model, I think she will have stiff competition seeing that their will always be younger hotter women competing against the "older" models.
Don't worry about that. She will never lack for attractive men wanting to bang her or date her marry her.

And in that industry men will want younger women. I just think its a shame that all these 25 year old models don't want to at least find a man and have a baby -wouldn't they want their attractive genes passed down? Its like how long will they keep posting these sexy photos-until they are 40???
what?

Do you know who Cindy Crawford is?

She became a mom in her 30s.

https://static.gofugyourself.com/uploads/2017/08/BGUS_969453_001-1503986792-640x960.jpg

That's her daughter.

Kim Bassinger? Another actress and model that was huge in the 90s.

She had a daughter when she was in her 30s

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/VVKPbDZJI1MSFbatXRCczTZZ6vU/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2017/06/27/959/n/1922398/759a806e62592e2b_GettyImages-800668766/i/Ireland-Baldwin-Looking-Like-Kim-Basinger-Pictures.jpg

Naomi Campbell? do you know who she is? She was the main dancer in one of Michael Jackson's music videos, a huge fashion name in the 90s.

She became a mother in her 30s.

This is her daughter

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ryan+Destiny+BET+Hip+Hop+Awards+2017+Arrivals+WlTseJ7VvdWl.jpg

I think that 27 year old instagram model you're crushing on hard is going to be alright :)

Edited by sabaton
Aside from that, I completely agree with preraph's post. Why should models in particular be expected to become a baby maker for an older man by a certain age? Even if a modelling career falls through, there are plenty of other options for a 20-something year old other than marriage and kids.
Because there's a lot of men who feel entitled to a woman's beauty and fertility because they have $$$ €€€€€ £££££££

Do you think that 25-yo footballers should "hurry up and find a woman" because they'll be forced into retirement at 30, too?
Huh, actually I've given thought to this, and although I don't feel that the top of the shelf soccer players should hurry up and find a woman and that they should take full advantage of their physical looks, fame and money and bang as many hot girls as possible, (as if atheletes have a hard time finding women) I feel that they should have as many babies as humanely possible, yes. They can easily afford having 10 sons each, and many more lol with the many millions they make per year.

neymar jr.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8d84434252b95a7e2d26ca8b5d9c2977/tumblr_ou985vIMn81v6lx67o1_500.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/qxNP1-MB5CxaTrdrkSGYhtJRApg/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2010/08/31/0/192/1922398/103286172_10/i/Shirtless-Cristiano-Ronaldo-David-Beckham-LA-LA-Galaxy-Play-Real-Madrid.jpg

David Beckham

http://fe-mail.gr/media/Image/greece_europe_world/2007/01/beckham/beckhamtop-1.jpg

And there's many more that should hurry up and start making babies as early as possible, as human male sperm deteriorates as the years go by, and if these guys have babies with the young models they date while they themselves as in their physical and aesthetical prime..

This guy's face is average, he has big ears, but he has an attractive body, and he's like 6'3''

https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image/upload/c_scale,w_912,h_516,c_fill,g_auto/shape/cover/ei/portugal-vs-saudi-arabia-international-friendly-5b607a9c903a000124000001.jpg

so that's top notch genes he got there(he became a dad at the age of 20)

dayum, let's populate Europe with the most beautiful people in the world

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/actualidad/20180627126301/zinedine-zidane-familia-modelo-belleza/0-580-133/zidane-ibiza-redes1-t.jpg

That's the family of Zidane, one of the greatest soccer players to ever live.

Pysical perfection in a man + female model = Aesthetically gorgeous sons :love:

Your bloodline will live forever when you have a son who looks like that.

Edited by sabaton
top models are too busy throwing up and doing cocaine to worry about what they'll look like in 10 years

LOL Finally, the voice of sanity!

LOL Finally, the voice of sanity!

Yeah, makes sense. Every top model is a drug-addict like every musician is dying of a drug overdose before they're 30.

• 4 weeks later...
?

Don't worry-she will change her behaviour in about 5 years drastically, will find some looser (with a decent job) to "accept her as she is" and will be saying something like "I used to be wild but it is the new me" etc.Will divorce in 5-7 years and repeat the cycle again and again.

They all do that, even the actually rich and famous. Right now she lives a life of constant gratification and constant dopamine hits: rich men paying her for her "company",thousands of men liking her pictures on instagram etc. Why would she settle now?

• Like 1