Wondering about LS females' 'lack of success'

Back in my OLD days I found there was a significant difference with results/people based on what platform you were on.

The free sights = more FWB/casual daters/hook ups

Paid platform (Match in specific) = individuals that were seeking a relationship, not just a hook up.

I can't speak to things like Tinder, etc. because this was almost 10 years ago?

It is decayed to the point it is all garbage now.

Match even faced law suites over the amount of fake profiles and scams run through their site. They even would leave profiles of attractive people on the site after those people left the site so those profiles could be used as bait for new members.

It is decayed to the point it is all garbage now.

Match even faced law suites over the amount of fake profiles and scams run through their site. They even would leave profiles of attractive people on the site after those people left the site so those profiles could be used as bait for new members.

Wow that sucks.

I would add those who really don't want a relationship. They like the abstract idea, but when it comes down to it, they don't want to deal with the compromises that are necessary to maintain a relationship.

These people are looking for somebody, but they are just using the search as a smokescreen to disguise their own preferences.

Sorry, I just saw this. What does the bolded mean? Are they not honest and upfront with others about their preferences?