I feel like almost everyone has a boyfriend but me?

I think most parents would if they knew you were looking and they knew, for instance, a friend's son or daughter who was looking. But do you know if they know anyone who would fit the bill for you? Is there some particular person who you know they know?

normal person
Because my mom and dad won't inroudce me to any guys for me to date.

A parent setting you up with someone seems pretty archaic in today's western society. I haven't heard of this happening since, like, the 50s. I'd guess they probably assume you can make up your own mind about who you want to date.

• Like 1

What guys? How are they going to know what you like or don't like in guys? Your parent raised you to be good and do the right things. Wouldn't it be better for you to choose who you want to be with instead of having them hand pick ones you don't like.

I'm sorry but why can't you find your own guys?

• Like 1
mortensorchid

I was just watching a documentary on arranged marriages the other day, funny you mention this. It's more tradition for parents to arrange these things. In the west, we really don't do that much anymore. We have a notion that marrying / dating someone for love is equated with freedom and democracy. Outside of the west, more parents are arranging marriages for their kids.

As to your official question? Not sure if they have been trying (or you are implying that they should be), but maybe they don't know of anyone to match you with. Today parents/families do not want to take responsibility for it. Maybe they are right to do so, but some are interested in doing so for their kids to be happy.

• Like 1

My thought is they don't know anyone who has a single son, and if they do, there are no men that measure up to their scrutiny or what they feel you deserve. They also may not wish to meddle in your relationships and force their opinions on you. They may also not wish to introduce a situation that will make their friendships with their friends awkward, if not completely disrupt or destroy those friendships...because you and their son hit the skids and drama ensues. Maybe they don't want to force their daughter onto some guy because they know her attitude.

If you're interested in one of your parent's friend's kids, broach the topic of a get-together with the family as an introduction. Don't expect your parents to be mind-readers. Allow them to determine their own comfort zone in this type of situation. If they think you're a match, they'll probably go for it. If they don't think it's a good idea, they'll either say so outright, or be evasive about ever making a plan and hope you give up the ghost.

Lotsgoingon

If a guy is interested in you ... as in he asks you out on a date ... the subject will naturally come up ... before the date or during.

Or if he's really interested and he lives or works near you, he may also ask people who know you if you are dating.

Why do you ask?

How do I get a guy to ask if I have a boyfriend?

"I'd like you to ask me if I have a boyfriend"

• Like 2

Ask him if he has a GF. The logical response is for him to ask if you have a BF.

• Like 1

It might have something to do with the way you look.....go and get a makeover.

• Like 1

Why do you need him to ask, why can you not voluneer the information... "I'm not dating anyone right now..."

Garcon1986

Gotta share some more information than that. It would be like saying, hey tell me about your favorite childhood memories. Answer - I went to the candy store.

I'm not understanding...

Guys might be interested without asking if you're single. They might flirt or ask to hang out, assuming that if you do have a boyfriends, you'll refuse the date request.

No that's not it. the OP isn't getting interest from men period....she's wanting to know how to go about getting men interested in her.

Garcon1986

Why not take a deep breath and ask one of the lads you know to have a regular conversation with you? Start with something low key and low stress so that you have no performance pressure.

Moderation merged some background/duplicate content and responses from the thread starter may be delayed.

Garcon1986

Start with easy conversation then work up to dating conversation.