Dealing with Creep, Possible Stalker

Regardless how out of line she may be here flaunting her body, it's NEVER okay for a neighbor to take photos of you in your yard or home that you weren't aware of.

• Like 2
Regardless how out of line she may be here flaunting her body, it's NEVER okay for a neighbor to take photos of you in your yard or home that you weren't aware of.

True, but.. Our world doesn't revolve around what's "Ok or not Ok". People can be unstable and unpredictable and don't always follow the laws of the land or some sort of moral compass. We don't need to fan the flames of mental instability. It's bad enough out there as it is.

No, it’s never going ok but - it doesn’t mean that he isn’t good no to do it.

And sadly, he’s not breaking any laws.

When are you going to confront the neighbor exactly? If you believe your hot gf’s story 100%, then you shouldn’t just “talk” to him.

Thanks for everyone's input. Yes I can be insecure and jealous but this situation is on a different level.

My gf was the one who told me I may need to talk to someone then explained what happened. Her good friend saw the picture at the store and asked the owner. It was 100% a photo of my gf.

My gf did not like that. After we confirmed that the picture was taken down, my gf just wanted to drop it. I said I should talk to the neighbor and she said ok.

My gf does like attention but this creeped her out and bothered me. It's not my insecurities overblowing the situation.

• Like 1
True, but.. Our world doesn't revolve around what's "Ok or not Ok". People can be unstable and unpredictable and don't always follow the laws of the land or some sort of moral compass. We don't need to fan the flames of mental instability. It's bad enough out there as it is.

They need to put a stop to this. The guy put up a photo of someone else's girlfriend in a public place (who knows how many he has at home) and that's CREEPY. He didn't ask her if he could take her picture and use it. It's time to set boundaries with him and it's time to keep their blinds closed.

• Like 1

Several things strike me about your post:

The neighbour should not be taking pictures of your girlfriend without permission. I don't know if there is any law against this, but some stars have successfully sued others for 'invasion of privacy'. I know you aren't going to want to start suing a neighbour without more evidence, but I think it could be reported to the police for them to take note.

The fact that he's had the picture in his shop (or workplace) shows he's obsessed and does not care that he's crossing a line.

Men see women differently than women think about themselves. I've known men to describe a woman as being provocative and flirting when she has simply put on fashionable clothes and her friend has done her make-up. Girls do this kind of thing - it's sharing and fun, artistic, but rarely more than that. Girls can be quite shocked at finding out that men can interpret their natural movements and gestures as sexually provocative!

Your girlfriend may not seeing herself as provocative at all. Beware of interpreting her behaviour as more than simply taking her dog out when she's just woken up. She probably wasn't aware there was someone creepy guy taking pictures of her.

If you talk to your girlfriend about this, it's best to keep the emphasis on him being creepy not her being provocative - after all, he took pictures!

I do think he could become a stalker and she needs to be aware and keep safe. If she starts to feel unsafe or stalked in any way, she should contact the police. Both of you need to be a bit more mindful of where he is at any particular time.

Edited by spiderowl
  • Like 1