why does everyone say that marriage sucks so bad?

True but to me wife and I it is natural. It is as natural as the bond I have with my closest friends and the one some people have with family. We don't to force anything.

Well, you're a lucky man Woggle. Most of us mere mortals have to work at having a good relationship...

Mr. Lucky

Well, you're a lucky man Woggle. Most of us mere mortals have to work at having a good relationship...

Mr. Lucky

That is why our marriage is 12 years strong and getting better while many couples after that time can barely stand to be in the same room together. It is sad that what we have is considered lucky instead of being the base requirement for a marriage.

• Like 1

From my own experience I concur with Woggle, great marriages come easily while bad marriages are the ones that require ongoing sacrifice, effort and hard work to maintain.

Between the genders. Women come off to me as wanting it a lot more than the men.

If a Man can just get away with just having a GF and Sex is in abundance and the woman is loyal to him. No way is he pushing marriage.

Women are the ones that I hear pushing marriage. Not men.

You are generalizing, and it doesn't sound like you know from personal experience. It's not always women who push for marriage.

My ex-H asked me to marry him after a year together (I was 30 then), and I said it was too soon. He asked again years later and I agreed to marry him at that point. We were together for 18 years. I initiated the divorce. We are amicable now but I'm happily divorced, in a relationship and have no plans to ever marry again.

You asked what is it about marriage that is life changing in a negative way?

Marriage doesn't change anything, it doesn't change people, generally speaking. Well it can, some people become afraid of the commitment and they withdraw after marriage, countless people say their spouse stopped having sex soon after marriage and that could be the reason for it.

But more importantly, many people who are married are simply unhappy because over time they grew apart from their spouse and found themselves disagreeing more and having less in common and feeling trapped due to finances, and children and other obligations.

Face it, more than half of marriages fail and when people divorce, lives are shattered and the rebuilding process takes years if it ever happens at all. Yet so many young people are so quick to rush right into it, thinking it will never happen to them and the person they are about to exchange vows with who they might know for less than a year!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix spacing

Most people are really bad at most things nowadays, personal relationships included. Like your supervisor, who can't seem to figure out how to get his wants/needs met. Or to find a better partner if his is a dud.

I was lucky enough to find someone who is intelligent and works with me, so it ended up being great, even when life hits us with something. It is what you both make it into.