Wife of 9 years moved out but doesnt want divorce...

• Author

Well, her lawyer made her intentions clear. She wants money. She has the audacity to claim she wants her fair share...equity on the hime which she left ladt July, and half my money which I used a good chunk of to buy a car because she took our only car. We only shared one vehicle. No remorse, no nothing. She lied, manipulated me had an affair and kept me strung along for months now this! Well, now all my grief has indeed turned to anger. She has truly morphed into a complete unremorseful, and unaccountable piece of human waste. Why cant she just leave and for what she did severe this clean. This woman has no concious. She has even lied to her attorney claiming she didnt know I filed when we have documented proof! Marriage is a sham and women like these make it all look bad. My lawyer and I are preparing our discoveries and I will not bend an inch. She took our pets, furniture, car not tom mention the vacations i paid for and the marriage coumselong i was paying for while she lied to everyone... And my attorney fees....Any advicr on this part of the process? Never been here ajd never thougjt she would turn to this

Your attorney is the one to advise you on all that.

Just remember you can waste a lot of the financial benefit you’re trying to gain by fighting too much with the attorneys. Not saying lay down and take it, but let go of things you can’t get compensation for, like the marriage counseling cost or vacations. You should be able to make a table of assets and liabilities and make it so the total comes up pretty even and resolve it that way. Your attorney can tell you if you have any justification for why you should get more than half that might stick

Just remember you can waste a lot of the financial benefit you’re trying to gain by fighting too much with the attorneys. Not saying lay down and take it, but let go of things you can’t get compensation for, like the marriage counseling cost or vacations.

Yep, unfortunately this is very true. It pays to be pragmatic, keep your eyes on the prize, and avoid Pyrrhic victories. Pick your battles and prioritise the best return on your investment. Unfortunately most jurisdictions have no financial repercussions for lying, cheating, manipulating etc.

Anything spent in the past is gone; the process of divorce is only about splitting what's left. It works both ways: you mention that you bought a car because she took the family one, it's unlikely she will be able to claim half of this. An exception to this is decimation of marital assets, which means if you empty the joint account and blow it on gambling and booze, that will come out of your share.

Each party pays their own lawyer fees.

Bill, from what you have posted, every penny you've spent was more then worth it to get this steamy pile of sh*t out of your life. She and the O/M have been conspiring against you all along. They will take everything they can from you to build their nest no matter how much it hurts you or how broken it leaves you. It's them against you. She changed sides a long time ago but kept you hanging on because they wanted to bleed all they could from you before the Courts split fairly what is left of your assets. That's the fair share she's referring to, she wants everything. https://tenor.com/view/****-gif-9315868 Hope the gif helps put things into perspective.