Got Rejected By A Girl In My Biology Class Today

OP:

So you're 5'3''. What you need to do is accept this. It is not the end of the world.

Prince was 5'3''.

Bruno Mars is 5'5''.

There are others. Channel your inner Prince.

I like really tall guys admittedly, and I'm short 5"1. And I have a type but I have gotten crushes on male friends that didn't for that type all the time.

In hs I had a HUGE crush on my guy friend of mine. He was so funny and Cheesey. Very much a dork. He was 5"2.

I went I told him about my crush on him he rejected me and avoided me for a bit awkwardly.

It's hard out here lol.

I wish Guitar Guy would chime in back to his Post. Anyways. We allow this love stuff to define way too much of ourselves.

Sometimes, life works it self out. Most people stumble into love. Think tanking it rarely works. Its fun to think tank, but most of the time it does not work. What I want vs what I can get vs what actually will be is always nebulous.

What I want. A pretty woman that is into me and I don't have to do the major leg work to make it happen.

What I can get- a woman that is in my social environment that is not being chased after that is pretty, but I have to do some leg work with her.

What actually will be. The woman and I stumble across each other and we slide into a LTR with each other.

• Like 1
If the girl is hot to you, she's not average.

When I was younger I had an unrequited crush on a girl. My mind compared her to Drew Barrymore.

I'm much older now. I'm not blind anymore. She's nothing like Drew Barrymore, not even close, at all. She's kind of fugly really.

It doesn't matter if the person/people you like (your type) is hot or not, if they don't like you back, stop pursuing those people.

Find people who may like you (show interest in you), and like them back (show interest in them). I wished I would have learned that (sooner) when I was younger.

No offense but liking anyone who shows interest in you and forcing yourself to like them probably isn’t the greatest idea in the world.

• Like 2
I think a lot of guys are so focused on who they think is the most attractive girl in the room or group that they totally miss the one that's looking over at them or comes and stands nearby hoping to be acknowledged. I mean, back when I was young and going to music bars, I would sit back sometimes and just watch. So often I would see all the guys trying not to get caught watching the two hottest women in the bar and totally ignoring all the others. And you know, only the two hottest guys are going to get the two hottest women, so it's not good to do that.

I don’t buy the league garbage. That makes falling in love too mechanical.When people say you shouldn’t dare go after someone better looking the you and only your physical equivalent(whatever that is) I roll my eyes

Of course if you’re talking extremes sure but most people walking around aren’t 1’s or 10’s

I’ve dated many women who were probably objectively better looking then me and vice versa. If I listened to people who say stay in your league I would have missed out on some great women.

You limit yourself with that b.s. thinking

• Like 1
normal person
No offense but liking anyone who shows interest in you and forcing yourself to like them probably isn’t the greatest idea in the world.

Yeah, that advice is pretty misguided. It operates on the assumption that you can just decide who you're attracted to. Which we all know is dubious.

Yeah, that advice is pretty misguided. It operates on the assumption that you can just decide who you're attracted to. Which we all know is dubious.

Nope. Not what I was advising at all.

Agree with you completely(hopefully this doesn't prompt a tornado in Kansas).

I understand what he means though because if you enjoy very little success its tempting to try increase ones odds by forcing yourself to like someone you don't like but someone who gives you attention. A completely false way to live but if you tell yourself something often enough you can eventually start to believe it.

For me this is like going out to eat and ordering a 3 day old bagel. You are eating out but you aren't eating what you want.

Yes its highly dubious but I think many people end up doing this to lesser or greater degrees.

I don’t buy the league garbage. That makes falling in love too mechanical.When people say you shouldn’t dare go after someone better looking the you and only your physical equivalent(whatever that is) I roll my eyes

Of course if you’re talking extremes sure but most people walking around aren’t 1’s or 10’s

I’ve dated many women who were probably objectively better looking then me and vice versa. If I listened to people who say stay in your league I would have missed out on some great women.

You limit yourself with that b.s. thinking

Exactly, I'm so tired of the "league" garbage myself. Women are more judgmental than men are though. I mean this is not high school anymore, grow up.
Exactly, I'm so tired of the "league" garbage myself. Women are more judgmental than men are though. I mean this is not high school anymore, grow up.

Yeah a lot of women seem to put good looking people on a higher pedestal as a human being lol..like how dare you approach someone I deem better looking then you.

I think we are all getting burnt out from the dating game. Or we are not having any qualifiers for our selves and just going after pretty face after pretty face.

For me at this time. Unless that woman is warm and sweet to me when I interact with her a couple of times. Why am I asking her out.

• Like 1