I want to move out but I have nothing?

georgia girl

You may need a few cleaning supplies - dish soap, bathroom cleaner, a broom and small vacuum. Try Good Will for the vacuum to get one cheaply.

Depending on the apartment, a lamp for the bedroom - but they’re about $20-30 at Walmart (or again, thrift store).

I think you said you bought bath towels? Sheets for the bed. A laundry basket is handy. If you drink coffee, get a cheap coffee maker. So much less expensive to make coffee at home.

That first order of groceries is usually expensive because you have to buy a lot of basics - salt, pepper, sugar, flour, etc. Plan some meals in advance and try to buy a few of the staples over time to ease the pinch.

Congratulations! This will be a great adventure!

Happy Lemming

That first order of groceries is usually expensive...

So true...

I do remember when I first moved out, I was literally flat broke. I ate a lot of those "Chipped Beef" boil-a-bag dinners. All you needed was a pot (to boil the bag) and a pair of scissors to open the bag. Pour it over a slice of bread and ummm "dinner was served", (LOL) They don't make them anymore, but those "boil-a-bag" dinners got me through some lean times.

Ahh... Memories.