Does he care about me?

• Author
natashalove
How old are you Natasha?

Reading this discussion feel like middle school... Perhaps, you could get one of your friends to send him a note that asks "do you like me? Check Yes or No."

Have you been in a relationship before? Because, there these kinds of immature games don't happen in a relationship between two mature adults.

I think you are reading what you want to see into his behavior... you are making a lot of assumptions and trying to make something out of... probably nothing.

Lmao why is it that everything that is different automatically gets into middle school or high school?

Its you whose making assumptions not me. Thinking nothing is there when its clearly right in front.

No they don't. He doesnt study here anymore. SJW means social justice warrior

What is a Social justice warrior? and what does it have to do with him not being polite to you when in front of his friends? All this sounds very juvenile. Only pre-teens act this way.

Lmao why is it that everything that is different automatically gets into middle school or high school?

Its you whose making assumptions not me. Thinking nothing is there when its clearly right in front.

It's not different, it's immature and juvenile. Adults don't act this way. If a man I am interested in ignored me in front of others I'd block him and move on to a real man! One that is proud of saying hello to me in front of everyone.

• Like 1

Natasha, OK here is my take on this. Take it like a grain of salt or as you wish. Do you want a man in your life that can change his behavior so quickly from one week treating you rudely and driving you away to suddenly holding doors for you and smiling and being nice? What is to say he won't change back as quick as he changed in the first place? Just a few questions to ponder.

CautiouslyOptimistic

In what context is this all playing out? Are you students? Coworkers? Neighbors? In the same friend group?

The lack of details you're providing makes it difficult to give any kind of advice.

• Author
natashalove
Natasha, OK here is my take on this. Take it like a grain of salt or as you wish. Do you want a man in your life that can change his behavior so quickly from one week treating you rudely and driving you away to suddenly holding doors for you and smiling and being nice? What is to say he won't change back as quick as he changed in the first place? Just a few questions to ponder.

But he seems to realise his actions made him seem unapproachable otherwise why would he change? Plus I study at his uni (he graduated but keeps coming) and the term has ended so maybe he feels he wont see me again and decided to change?

• Author
natashalove
In what context is this all playing out? Are you students? Coworkers? Neighbors? In the same friend group?

The lack of details you're providing makes it difficult to give any kind of advice.

I'm a student. He was a student here but graduated.

• Author
natashalove
Is this the same guy you posted about a couple months ago?

No not him. This is a new guy

CautiouslyOptimistic
But he seems to realise his actions made him seem unapproachable otherwise why would he change? Plus I study at his uni (he graduated but keeps coming) and the term has ended so maybe he feels he wont see me again and decided to change?

Maybe you should just ask him.

• Like 1
Romantic_Antics
How old are you Natasha?

Reading this discussion feel like middle school... Perhaps, you could get one of your friends to send him a note that asks "do you like me? Check Yes or No."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry Natasha, but I not only agree with this I remember doing it once upon a time in 3rd or 4th grade.

Smiling and holding the door doesn't really mean anything. I smile and hold the door for old ladies and random strangers. That's just who I am as a person and it doesn't mean I have a romantic interest in them.

• Like 1
Lotsgoingon

This definitely reminds of those third graders who show how much they like the other person by pushing them or teasing them.

At that age, you don't have the nerve to admit you like this other person of the other gender ... so you tease them instead.

By middle school, people tend to grow out of this.

Edited by Lotsgoingon
  • Author
natashalove
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry Natasha, but I not only agree with this I remember doing it once upon a time in 3rd or 4th grade.

Smiling and holding the door doesn't really mean anything. I smile and hold the door for old ladies and random strangers. That's just who I am as a person and it doesn't mean I have a romantic interest in them.

It does ? As he has never done these things until I stopped approaching him?

• Author
natashalove
This definitely reminds of those third graders who show how much they like the other person by pushing them or teasing them.

At that age, you don't have the nerve to admit you like this other person of the other gender ... so you tease them instead.

By middle school, people tend to grow out of this.

I cant help dictate everyone's behaviour. If he thinks like this I cant change it except to accept it and try to obtain an answer?

coolheadal
He ignored me a lot until I was unable to talk to him anymore as I felt he hates me and doesnt want to talk to me. He wouldn't hold the door for me but would hold it for everyone.

He acted childishly after that by ignoring me again but now he saw me and said hello and left the door open as well suddenly started smiling at me too.

Has he realised that his behaviour hurt me or made him unapproachable ? Does that mean he cares and thinks of me?

He sounds confused! Your all over the place with his confusement. No way to live my child by yet you had allowed this. What you should have done is drop him like a pile of bricks and go find a real man for yourself. This one can't be trusted just don't know why he was acting like he didn't know you had existed in the first place. You count 100% never settle for 1%he only gave you 0% interest. Not good my dear!

• Like 1
  • Author
natashalove
He sounds confused! Your all over the place with his confusement. No way to live my child by yet you had allowed this. What you should have done is drop him like a pile of bricks and go find a real man for yourself. This one can't be trusted just don't know why he was acting like he didn't know you had existed in the first place. You count 100% never settle for 1%he only gave you 0% interest. Not good my dear!

Thats not true honestly. He gave me lots of attention but he has this whole obsession with leftist politics and hes so involved with it along with his friends that he just cant being himself to terms. I suspect thats the reason he ignores me but i had noticed that he told a guy something and the guy turned to look at me so i suspect 1 of them knew

He gave me lots of attention but he has this whole obsession with leftist politics and hes so involved with it along with his friends. I suspect thats the reason he ignores me but i had noticed that he told a guy something and the guy turned to look at me so i suspect 1 of them knew

Is this guy doing someone he's not supposed to be doing?

A "social justice warrior" obsessed with leftist politics... What exactly are they doing, because what you are describing sounds a little shady...

Is it possible that you have romantic aspirations with someone who is otherwise engaged with people, promoting his own agenda, and not interested in a relationship at this time?

Edited by BaileyB
  • Author
natashalove
Is this guy doing someone he's not supposed to be doing?

A "social justice warrior" obsessed with leftist politics... What exactly are they doing, because what you are describing sounds a little shady...

Is it possible that you have romantic aspirations with someone who is otherwise engaged with people, promoting his own agenda, and not interested in a relationship at this time?

I know he occupies rooms and buildings whenever theres something related to workers rights which is not exactly shady though.

Could be but I wasnt the one who pursued him. He started first and i liked him too so i reciprocated

I know he occupies rooms and buildings whenever theres something related to workers rights which is not exactly shady though.

Could be but I wasnt the one who pursued him. He started first and i liked him too so i reciprocated

No, that's not shady... I'm glad.

Sorry, given the limited informtion that has been provided, it was just a curious question. I wanted you to be safe.

coolheadal
Thats not true honestly. He gave me lots of attention but he has this whole obsession with leftist politics and hes so involved with it along with his friends that he just cant being himself to terms. I suspect thats the reason he ignores me but i had noticed that he told a guy something and the guy turned to look at me so i suspect 1 of them knew

You need to share more of what you have expected from him and his buddies. If that's the case you stilled allowed it to happen. It's you or it's him and his buddies than you. Something wrong in this picture but yet you have said it's okay to do and that's why it happen that way. You should have said something but again if you did it would be in front of his mates. There again is the male ego..

Sounds like he's a trouble maker to me. They argue just for the sake of arguing to create an uproar to gain attention to themselves. Him and his buddies are a 'pack' and plot together the next place they'll create trouble. That's why he's not letting you in his little circle, you could rat them. Find yourself a better man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

Edited by Gaeta
  • Like 1
  • Author
natashalove
Sounds like he's a trouble maker to me. They argue just for the sake of arguing to create an uproar to gain attention to themselves. Him and his buddies are a 'pack' and plot together the next place they'll create trouble. That's why he's not letting you in his little circle, you could rat them. Find yourself a better man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

But its romance with me? I do agree that they are a pack and plot demonstrations and things but with me, he obviously doesnt have these in mind right? At least thats what he thought when he first began pursuing me?

CautiouslyOptimistic
But its romance with me? I do agree that they are a pack and plot demonstrations and things but with me, he obviously doesnt have these in mind right? At least thats what he thought when he first began pursuing me?

Impossible to say since none of us are mind readers. I think your best option is to just ask him. Are you opposed to this?

I feel like you are being very naive. Be very careful.

• Author
natashalove
You need to share more of what you have expected from him and his buddies. If that's the case you stilled allowed it to happen. It's you or it's him and his buddies than you. Something wrong in this picture but yet you have said it's okay to do and that's why it happen that way. You should have said something but again if you did it would be in front of his mates. There again is the male ego..

I dont care about his buddies. I just care about him. All I expected was a normal conversation and getting to know each other but he always wouldnt talk to me in front of them and would act like he didnt know me. But once he was not around them, he would act completely normal and would start watching me and trying to start a convo.

His behaviour began hurting me specially the day I saw him completely ignore me while being so friendly with all other girls. He didnt hold the door and was literally running from me. I was really hurt. But outside, when he was alone, he stopped and gave me looks but I was not sure if he wanted to talk so nothing came out of my mouth. He left after that.

Then, he was by himself in the library and he was again staring and wanting to talk but I didnt know if he wanted to talk or not and though I kept staring at him, I could not go up to him. He looked furious and left and proceeded to ignore me completely the next day.

However, just a day later, we ran into each other near a park and he didnt ignore me. And then he said hello and is now holding the doors open.