Friend with benefits wants to be more, and I don’t feel the same

I haven’t really talked to him in a few weeks, now he’s sending me videos of him making out with another girl. It doesn’t really bother me, but I wish he’d stop. I’m sick of seeing them. He texts them, snapchats them, and emails them to me. Like I get it, please leave me alone.

You need to cut ties with this jerk. Look what he's doing to these other women, sending videos of them to strangers! You should block him all the way. He has no ethics.

• Like 2
You need to cut ties with this jerk. Look what he's doing to these other women, sending videos of them to strangers! You should block him all the way. He has no ethics.

Couldn’t agree more. Did this guy not post passive aggressive stuff repeatedly when you made it clear you were not interested in a romantic relationship?

You know what the biggest red flag of this fwb is to date? Him trying to get to you by talking to your ex. He's trying to make everyone you know put pressure on you to accept him. That's on the list of things the worst stalkers do, so now I have an even lower opinion of him and am thinking your instincts are right about him. He isn't a good guy, but he's even got some people on here thinking he is. He's not. He's unethical sending videos of women behind their back. He can't take no for an answer, ALWAYS a bad sign, and now he's being stalkery trying to get at you through people you know, because they're easier to snow than you are.

You need to block him every which way, and your ex too. Then collect your wits and move on without their complications afflicting you at every turn!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
GreenTea937

Sometimes women when they get out of an abusive relationship, get into another one. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Thats what I'm seeing here. The FWB is very similar to your very abusive ex. He is showing signs of manipulation - having his niece ask you when you two plan to get married, passive aggressive posts on FB trying to look like the nice guy who got his heart broken. He is making you feel guilty for not loving him. Guilt trips is a sign of manipulation. Your subconcious knows hes not a good person. Triangulating and getting other people involved, and having them talk to you about what a great guy he is. You need time to heal from your last abusive relationship.

I am very sorry about the miscarriage and the abuse. Can I ask why you are even talking to the monster of an ex (not FWB)who beat you so bad you lost your baby.

My grandparents had a cleaning lady who was abused in her younger days. The white knight on a white horse similar to FWB who saved her from her abuser turned out to be an even worse abuser. Be careful of the man who steps in trying to save you. This is a golden opportunity for him to get the girl by playing the nice guy role.

• Like 1
GreenTea937
You know what the biggest red flag of this fwb is to date? Him trying to get to you by talking to your ex. He's trying to make everyone you know put pressure on you to accept him. That's on the list of things the worst stalkers do, so now I have an even lower opinion of him and am thinking your instincts are right about him. He isn't a good guy, but he's even got some people on here thinking he is. He's not. He's unethical sending videos of women behind their back. He can't take no for an answer, ALWAYS a bad sign, and now he's being stalkery trying to get at you through people you know, because they're easier to snow than you are.

You need to block him every which way, and your ex too. Then collect your wits and move on without their complications afflicting you at every turn!

Everything I bolded, my abusive ex did.

• Like 1
GreenTea937
Today I got a call from my ex. He asked how I was, what I’m doing and I asked the same. Then he said he’d seen this other man last night and that they’d talked about our relationship, and the end of it, which had scared him. He was worried someone might overhear. I asked if the woman he’s with knows about our baby. He said no, and that all she really knows is something very bad happened. The only person he’s ever told is his mom, and since then their relationship isn’t the same. We talked about that for a long time. I know she knew I was pregnant because we’d told her together, but I didn’t think she knew how we lost it. She still sends me cards.

Then he told me that it’s not my fault that happened. It’s his, which is the first time I’ve heard him say that. Then we talked about what happened for a long time, which we’ve never done... that hurt. We talked about what we thought our little baby would be like, and we both agreed we’d still be together if that hadn’t happened.

He didn’t apologize to me. He just told me that he hopes I move on, and he thinks that this other guy can be what he thought we’d be.

Now I’m a mess. I wish he’d killed me too.

Why are you on the phone with the abuser/father of your unborn baby? Tell his mother how you lost the baby and what a POS abuser she raised. Leaving that man was the best thing you did. If he's so violent that he beat you into a miscarriage, imagine what he would do to your future children if they disobeyed!!!! Would you want that man in your life for 18 years???!! Its harder to leave when you have a child.

• Like 1