How to ask out a very obese girl?

Starkey

• Author
Don't miss lead her that you are looking for a committed relationship. Make sure soon, if you do go out with her that you let her know you have intentions of keeping things open to dating other people.

Huh? I am looking for a committed relationship, and right now I doubt I'll meet anyone again in a decade who compares to this amazing woman!

Who said anything about keeping things open?

• Like 4
RecentChange

Oh this is exciting!

The old fashioned way! Not online etc... But meeting someone and actually talking to them!

Keep us posted.

• Like 2

Who said anything about keeping things open?

If I get to know her, I feel I'd have to tell her eventually in the interests of an open relationship, but it seems non-essential early on.

Did I misinterpret that?

I understood that to mean he wanted an "open & honest" type of relationship where they could be open with each other, not open as in open to other people.

• Like 1
happyhusband0005
Did I misinterpret that?

Yes he was referring to telling her he is particularly attracted to large women, in the interest of being open (honest) in the relationship. I got confused by that for a second also until I reread it.

Starkey go ahead and ask her out. No need to wait. Lots if not most people ask someone out after meeting them once if there is interest.

Good luck.

you sound one of the happiest people on the shack right now haha.

..I can feel your excitement jumping off the page when you talk of her.

im so glad things are going in the right direction for you. hope you have a really great time with this gal and ps....if you do get to the stage where you are offering us all wedding cake on the loveshack....then I'd like to put my order in quickly to tell the chef.....(no currents or mixed peel in my slice please) haha...ENJOY ENJOY...Maxi :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Did I misinterpret that?

I think I must be too young and naive for these boards! I just meant an honest relationship with no secrets.

you sound one of the happiest people on the shack right now haha.

Or one of the most tense - I don't even want to know what my blood pressure has been like this week! :laugh:

I don't have time for a detailed update today, as I'm meeting friends for a gaming night in a bit (although I might spend the whole time texting, haha), but things are still going great! I asked her out this morning as I decided I'd rather do it in person than by text, and we're going to a cafe/restaurant type place on Saturday. I can't wait, I'm practically bouncing off the walls!

• Like 5
happyhusband0005

I don't have time for a detailed update today, as I'm meeting friends for a gaming night in a bit (although I might spend the whole time texting, haha), but things are still going great! I asked her out this morning as I decided I'd rather do it in person than by text, and we're going to a cafe/restaurant type place on Saturday. I can't wait, I'm practically bouncing off the walls!

What!!!! not until Saturday. How do you possibly expect us to wait until Saturday to hear how this all goes. LOL.

Congrats Starkey, good for you.

• Like 1
  • Author
What!!!! not until Saturday. How do you possibly expect us to wait until Saturday to hear how this all goes. LOL.

How do you think I feel? :laugh:

About 7 hours to go, and I'm pacing about! I'm already worrying about what if the taxi is late.

I'm going out in a bit to look for some new clothes for this evening. I'm not the greatest dresser, although I've improved a bit since uni, when I was basically Shaggy from Scooby doo.

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic
How do you think I feel? :laugh:

About 7 hours to go, and I'm pacing about! I'm already worrying about what if the taxi is late.

I'm going out in a bit to look for some new clothes for this evening. I'm not the greatest dresser, although I've improved a bit since uni, when I was basically Shaggy from Scooby doo.

This is such a great thread. So happy for you. I hope you two have a great first date!

• Author

I'm back from my date and, oh wow, I had such a great evening! I almost feel bad for keeping up with these updates since everyone else here seems to have nothing but troubles and everything's been going amazingly for me this week, but I might explode if I don't gush about it at least a little bit, and everyone I know is probably in bed right now! Sorry if I babble, I've had a few drinks and am totally giddy also!

The taxi was on time, which was a relief, and I was planning to arrive slightly early, mainly because I've always been paranoid about punctuality and being late for things and tend to arrive to everything early - which is usually a bad idea as I then end up hanging around for ages getting more nervous, but that wasn't a problem this time. The restaurant is divided into a cafe/bar/lounge section at the front and restaurant at the back, and when I got there she was already there in the cafe part. I had a brief panic that my watch was wrong and I was late after all, but she said she'd only just arrived, so it wouldn't have been a big deal anyway.

I don't really have the vocabulary to describe women's clothes, so all I can really say is that she looked stunning in her dress, and I had to restrain myself from complimenting her too profusely for a first date. I have to admit, I was curious about how she would dress, but it was classy and confident and well fitting and honestly, I never thought I could find a woman so attractive.

I feel like I'm really getting to know her, even though it's only been a few short train rides and one date. She has such a lovely and warm personality, she's animated and funny, and very smart. We share quite a few interests (gaming, TV shows, books), but not all, which is good as I think it's important for a couple to have some things they do together and others they can do alone (mainly because of how my last relationship worked out). We have a few other things in common - such as, we both have 1 brother and 1 sister, although I'm a middle child and she's the youngest. We haven't talked about politics or religion or anything like that, but nothing she's said so far has indicated that we have major differences, and since her family is Romanian, I'm starting to feel like my Remain vote a couple of years ago wasn't wasted after all! Would be awkward if they asked about Brexit one day and I'd voted Leave...

She insisted on paying for her share, although I really tried to pay for it myself, she wasn't having it. After we left the restaurant, I walked with her to get a taxi, and we held hands walking down the street. I think my heart rate is only just slowing down now, and I've had another drink since I got back! I texted saying I had a wonderful night and asking if she got home okay, and she texted that she had a really great time and we should go out again soon, and I said I can't wait. I'm trying to think now how long I should wait to arrange a second date? Should I try to arrange it as soon as possible, or give a little time? I don't know if being too eager will scare her off. She seems to really like me, and I'm pretty sure I've fallen in love already.

...doh, I forgot the clocks go forward and it's suddenly nearly 3am. I'm going to bed. Thanks for your encouragement, everyone, it's been great!

• Like 6

Congrats, Starkey! It sounds so fun! Wait a couple of days and then ask her out for a couple of days after that. Don't go too fast. It can scare people. That way you are pacing it maybe once a week or 3 times in two weeks.

Now, see, Loveshackers, here is what it looks like when things are going well and here's what happens when it's not all about what the mainstream considers hot.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I almost feel bad for keeping up with these updates since everyone else here seems to have nothing but troubles She seems to really like me, and I'm pretty sure I've fallen in love already.

OK, first, do NOT feel bad for posting these updates.....some of us LOVE hearing this good news!!! :) :)

But also....slow your roll....you haven't fallen in love already. I don't think that is possible even if you're feeling like it is :).

But to your other questions, definitely text her tomorrow :). And, I'd probably ask her if she's free on a weeknight any day this week. Tell her you don't know what her work schedule/weeknights are like, but you'd like to grab dinner again.

I'm so glad it worked out well for you :).

• Author
But also....slow your roll....you haven't fallen in love already. I don't think that is possible even if you're feeling like it is :).

I guess you're right. I was pretty giddy and also slightly drunk last night. :laugh:

But if I'm not in love yet, it's still a pretty great feeling!

• Like 1

You are infatuated....which is the first stepping stone to Love! I'm happy for you:). Falling in love is such a wonderful experience.

• Like 1

Please keep the updates coming. This is the best thing I've read here since I can remember. Good luck!