Preferences regarding haircuts

heavenonearth

I would and did. She prefers shorter hair than I had when we started dating as well as facial hair. So now I have a short haircut with a bear. Fine with me.

BUT..............I think a lot of it depends on where you are in a relationship and, maybe, age. At age 55 and in a committed LTR, I really don't care how anyone of the opposite sex views me except her. If it gets her hot, that's all I want!!!! Note that I work from home. I don't see clients or anything like that. If you've been dating for a week and he or she asks you to get a certain hairstyle... NO WAY!

• Like 1
So i asked him about it, why he brings it up so much and he said he's just joking.

Mh.

Then do as you wish and do what will make 'you' feel happy and sexy.

• 2 months later...
  • Author
heavenonearth

Finally!

I have an appointment for the hair dresser after 10 years of cutting my own hair

It’s suuuuuper long right now.

I am going to get it cut a short bob on Saturday.

Nervous. :)

Wish me luck.

Unless he's a hairdresser, here's what I suspect: Some girl he had a crush on that never got resolved had a bob. I'd be very surprised if it's anything more than him trying to make you into her, and so another reason to say, Thanks, I like my hair this way."

• Author
heavenonearth
Unless he's a hairdresser, here's what I suspect: Some girl he had a crush on that never got resolved had a bob. I'd be very surprised if it's anything more than him trying to make you into her, and so another reason to say, Thanks, I like my hair this way."

Nah no worry. He doesn’t have unresolved crushes, nor is he trying to morph me into anyone. All good.

Finally!

I have an appointment for the hair dresser after 10 years of cutting my own hair

It’s suuuuuper long right now.

I am going to get it cut a short bob on Saturday.

Nervous. :)

Wish me luck.

Good luck! I am sure you will enjoy having a short cut during the summer heat! Don't forget to tell us how you feel about the new hair.

To me it would depend on how drastic the change was and how much it'd annoy me. I'm pretty OCD about my hair - if it gets into my face and especially my eyes too much, it annoys me. It's also extremely thick, so when it gets too long, the weight annoys me! So I guess the eventual answer is probably that I wouldn't base my haircut on his preferences, no. :p

I do base my choice of hair STYLE for the day on his preferences occasionally, since it's something very temporary and if I really don't like it, I can just wash my hair when we get back.

Why don't you try a "fake bob" and see before making a more permanent change? https://www.elle.com/beauty/hair/tips/g8924/how-to-fake-a-bob/

Edit: I read the whole thread, and I would get much more annoyed at a partner who constantly tried to badger me to change my haircut than a bob could possibly bother me (and that's a lot!). For that reason alone, I wouldn't do it. No point encouraging behaviour I find annoying.

Edited by Elswyth
  • Author
heavenonearth
To me it would depend on how drastic the change was and how much it'd annoy me. I'm pretty OCD about my hair - if it gets into my face and especially my eyes too much, it annoys me. It's also extremely thick, so when it gets too long, the weight annoys me! So I guess the eventual answer is probably that I wouldn't base my haircut on his preferences, no. :p

I do base my choice of hair STYLE for the day on his preferences occasionally, since it's something very temporary and if I really don't like it, I can just wash my hair when we get back.

Why don't you try a "fake bob" and see before making a more permanent change? https://www.elle.com/beauty/hair/tips/g8924/how-to-fake-a-bob/

Edit: I read the whole thread, and I would get much more annoyed at a partner who constantly tried to badger me to change my haircut than a bob could possibly bother me (and that's a lot!). For that reason alone, I wouldn't do it. No point encouraging behaviour I find annoying.

He doesn’t realer badger he just kept making the same comments over and over again for a while and i still am not sure why. He eventually stopped and he often says when i ask what i should do “do whatever you like bu, i like you with short hair and long hair and medium length hair it doesn’t matter. You do you.”

So now i am sitting at the hairdresser and i am doing something drastic because why not :)

So now i am sitting at the hairdresser and i am doing something drastic because why not :)

How's the bob??

• Author
heavenonearth
How's the bob??

Ha. I had it colored medium copper and the length is about shoulder length. I am happy with it but i already miss my long hair. It always takes so long to grow.... but i have to admit it was pretty damaged so this is not too bad.