“I am a cheap date?”

todreaminblue
Thanks, guys! Well, I insist on splitting with my dinner date tonight. It was our 2nd date and I am definitely not interested, so I would never let him pay. Kind of funny, lunch date texted while I was preparing for dinner date. He is awkward, so that explain the comment?

I think I agree with most of you; I can afford my own food and doesn’t need anyone to pay for me. After finishing training next year, I will make at least 2.5 times more than these gentleman, so money isn’t an issue. I just don’t understand this new world of dating. Why is it so confusing?!?!?

Maybe I should just find a trophy husband instead of an equal! ?

Thanks for humoring me guys!?

Well, I insist on splitting with my dinner date tonight. It was our 2nd date and I am definitely not interested,

i dont understand this....if you arent interested should you be going out with him at all.no dinner date.......i offer to pay in fact i have been known to foot the entire bill...not to show i am not interested but that i am ...because i would assume if i pay a whole bill next time the guy might step up and pay ...the guy would have a clear mind on my intentions to accept another date....so second date implied by me footing a bill...because i say next time you're up...hint hint......and i would not expect to go to some really expensive restaurant the next time either...

if i accept a dinner date ....then the guy can be assured ...i am interested...th bill isnt a tell..other than my respect for him and that i consider his finances.......

money isnt the tell...me sitting opposite him or next to him eating dinner ...thats interest...i dont go out for dinner with guys if i know I am not interested in becoming intimate and close to them....i would hope that a guy if i allowed him to pay for a meal didnt expect it back in trade....that would sting a bit....and it has stung me.......deb

• Like 1
My dating history meets statistical sample size requirments and I have had the EXACT same experience as you. As has every friend of mine.

The funny thing is women who offer to pay can't think of any other way to act, women who won't offer to pay can't fathom any other way.

Of course, this is all rhetorical. The only thing to add is choose your dates carefully. If a person chooses to go on a date with a random stranger, then...um yep, a person will find some trouble/incompatibility most of the time. Money included :rolleyes:

OP, being a cheap date is not a bad thing. What's important is.....did you like the guy? Have you had another date and ordered the most expensive thing on the menu just to show him whats up? Lol.

It was a silly offhand remark of appreciation and probably surprise given the stories of woe around here.

Hope you are enjoying dates and yes bring your wallet and don't worry about what every tom, dick and harry has to say about money. When you meet the right guy for you, it will flow without confusion.

Best.

• Like 2

I think he just tested the ground and stepped over the line to see how you will react. You should have said something about how inappropriate this comment is, whether you shared the bill or not.