Visa denied- What do I do now?

yes it didn't seem right that I would need to submit a letter and affidavit for him to visit, however I went by the advice of the lawyer who said its better to have the letter and be honest than lie. The first time he tried without mentioning me, he just said he wanted to visit and he was denied.

Does anyone have any experience with a transit visa? Like perhaps if they had a plane ride to LA and then taking a cruise to Canada, the transit visa allows them to stay here until the cruise leaves (up to 30 days).

My transit visa was for <24h and I had to show them my connecting flight tickets. I would be very surprised if he got one for 30 days especially with him already having 2 tourist visa applications denied (which would be in their system). Transit visas also require interviews.

Why DO you still want to be with him? Could you explain your reasons? How well do you really know him?

Romantic_Antics

Don't waste your time with a LDR. It's nothing but fiction and fantasy and it will go nowhere.

• 1 month later...
TheOldSkater
The U.S. government has people who can do their job. The job they're paid for.

He was not visiting for tourism, he was not visiting for work, and he was not visiting to marry you. They caught him in lies. And they can tell.

A lie is enough for being denied. And insisting won't help getting what he wants.

To be honest, there's nothing more f*ed up as American consulates.

I had an US visa for 10 years. Visited the US only once, for 26 days. A normal tourism trip when I turned 18 years old. Five years ago, few years after my visa was expired, my then fiancee invited me to visit his american brother in Texas and there I'd buy my wedding dress, we would marry each other two months after the trip in our home country. I had a stable job, never commited any crime, my fiancee had a valid visa, his brother is an american citizen well employed also, never commited any crime... and I got denied. Twice! The officer said it was because I didn't visit the US often. Does it make sense to you? For me, makes none.

amaysngrace
The officer said it was because I didn't visit the US often. Does it make sense to you? For me, makes none.

It makes sense to me. If you visited frequently then it shows that you will leave.

Coming here with your fiancée who happens to already have a brother living here seems a bit sketchy.

• Like 1
TheOldSkater
It makes sense to me. If you visited frequently then it shows that you will leave.

Coming here with your fiancée who happens to already have a brother living here seems a bit sketchy.

The fact that I didn’t visit often already showed how much interested I am in the country.

Isn’t it normal that when you’re about to get married, you go visit relatives to introduce your fiancee or relatives come to visit? In case of my fiancé, the trip would be convenient because the wedding dress was much cheaper and I had some nice options.

But it’s funny how americans believe every single person in the world thinks USA is the promise land and is wiling to move there :cool:

• Like 2
amaysngrace
But it’s funny how americans believe every single person in the world thinks USA is the promise land and is wiling to move there :cool:

I'm not sure if it's funny or if most Americans even believe that but we are aware of where we stand in the world.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/highest-immigrant-population-in-the-world.html

Edited by amaysngrace
  • Like 1
The fact that I didn’t visit often already showed how much interested I am in the country.

Isn’t it normal that when you’re about to get married, you go visit relatives to introduce your fiancee or relatives come to visit? In case of my fiancé, the trip would be convenient because the wedding dress was much cheaper and I had some nice options.

Don't take it personally - it's just how the immigration officers are trained to respond. They're just following orders.

I agree with you that the US immigration system is extremely off-putting. I left my interview with a very bad taste in my mouth as well - it felt to me like we were treated like cattle/criminals. I did get my tourist visa approved, but only after needing to make another 3 hr trip a week later to re-do my biometrics because they bungled it up, lol. Conversely, I have applied for (and been granted) work visas in 2 other OECD countries (that are doing better than the US at the moment) and had much more pleasant experiences with both of them.

But if you thought the consulate was bad, it's probably a good thing that you didn't actually get to their border control in the airport! :laugh:

Tell it to someone who doesn't live in Texas.

• Like 1
TheOldSkater
Don't take it personally - it's just how the immigration officers are trained to respond. They're just following orders.

I agree with you that the US immigration system is extremely off-putting. I left my interview with a very bad taste in my mouth as well - it felt to me like we were treated like cattle/criminals. I did get my tourist visa approved, but only after needing to make another 3 hr trip a week later to re-do my biometrics because they bungled it up, lol. Conversely, I have applied for (and been granted) work visas in 2 other OECD countries (that are doing better than the US at the moment) and had much more pleasant experiences with both of them.

But if you thought the consulate was bad, it's probably a good thing that you didn't actually get to their border control in the airport! :laugh:

Actually when I traveled there first time, the border was super chill.

Almost two years later I ended up married to a swede and had a residence visa approved with no major problem and I tell you what, Sweden is thousand miles ahead of USA as a place to live. That’s why I don’t get this thing of thinking everybody wants to move to US when there are places in the world much better.

There are happier easier places to live than the US. Probably if anything bordered up against them and if they allowed it, they'd have the issues our border states have to contend with. Of course, not everyone likes cold weather, but I know those Nordic countries have a high satisfaction level, but I always wondered how easy it is to find work there.

coolheadal
Hello,

I had been in a long distance relationship with a man I met on vacation in Mexico for over a year. We compliment each other very well and there was lots of love. We had great online communication each day via messaging and phone. The problems started when he was denied entry into USA for a visa twice when he tried to come visit me. We had talked about moving to another country to live but I got really stressed and couldn't make a decision and our talks began to become stressful over the situation. Finally he said, I don't want you to leave your country, I will try again to come to you.

He didn't want me to come to his country because he lives with his mother and his mother doesn't approve of me marrying him. His mother is strict and wants him to marry a girl of his nationality. Unfortunately his country doesn't have good economic conditions either which is why he wanted to leave. Its hard to have a house or job and not a great place to start a future.

Up until last week he was loving me, he told me I am close to his heart. He said he will try for USA visa one last time to come to me. We submitted proof of our relationship and everything but the visa was denied again. He pretty much told me the day his visa was declined that he wants me to find another man. He said it will be easier for him to marry in his own country and he doesn't want to promise me anymore. He wished me luck and I didn't hear from him for close to three weeks.

Finally I reached out to ask him a question and he remained cold. He told me he hopes I have a good life and that it wasn't God's will for us to be together. He told me he felt like a bad man for making so many promises to me. He said I will find a better man and that I was a nice dream he had.

He said he felt that I felt tired with him. The day before his visa interview we got into a small fight about me joking about a man giving me candy and making him jealous. I joked that I do that because he needs hurry up and be with me.

I told him when i reached out to him other day, I hate have any enemies and i want to see him happy. He responded that he is there if I ever want to call him or share anything with him. That now, I am his best friend and that he likes me.

I told him the I will be moving to Ireland for graduate school, and he responded that I never had intentions before to leave USA and I should think carefully about doing that. He said however if I go there he might visit me.

He then excused himself from the conversation and I haven't heard anything for 3 days since.

So my question is, I know he is deeply hurt and possibly depressed and tired from the long distance and problems we have faced. What should I do now? Abide by the no contact rule or keep texting him one sided with simple things like quotes and how are you. Should I call him as he said or is he just being polite? I don't want to appear desperate yet at the same time I don't want to let him wallow in his misery and our relationship fail forever. I know he is a very sensitive man and feels things very deeply. In his culture men are the ones who work very hard for their women so I feel by him not being able to come to me he feels like he has failed.

Another issue, he seems to be feeling that he is "old" or time is running. When I suggested we apply for K1 visa he said he didn't want to because he felt he would never be approved by USA and that it takes too long. He seems very lonely and needy for love NOW.

Thank you for listening and open to all feedback and suggestions

This isn't a good sign, and I have read everything you have mentioned to us. But do you love this man and does he love you as well. Such a long time between you two. You seem patient enough but he's can't get into the country. You can't wait for him for ever. This is your choice to make wait it out and drop him all-together go find a nice Canadian man you can share a true life with. Unless you really want this guy so badly. You can't please families ways of thinking you'll never be accepted no matter what you do. Just live for the moment. Make the right choice, but too many blocks for his visa status means he's not going to get one any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...
justwhoiam
To be honest, there's nothing more f*ed up as American consulates.
Or maybe you f-ed up things?

I got denied. Twice! The officer said it was because I didn't visit the US often. Does it make sense to you? For me, makes none.
It looks like you're in Sweden, but maybe you're from some other country outside the EU? See, EU citizens apply to the Visa Waiver Program... if you are a EU citizen, you don't need any visa to visit the USA for tourism for 90 days. So? Why did you even ask for a visa? The whole story doesn't add up.

the trip would be convenient because the wedding dress was much cheaper and I had some nice options.
Many people find convenience extremely enticing and they decide to stay without following the rules. That's why immigration officers split hairs with certain countries/situations.
justwhoiam
I'm not sure if it's funny or if most Americans even believe that but we are aware of where we stand in the world.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/highest-immigrant-population-in-the-world.html

That article is very inaccurate. "Although most countries view migrants favorably, some have negative attitudes towards refugees and migrants. In the European Union, Italy and Greece subscribe to the latter, while Germany has the most open policy towards accepting immigrants."

Geography makes it easier for Africans and Middle-Eastern refugees and immigrants to disembark in Italy or Greece. There's also Malta (read UK) and Spain, but immigrants get rejected, or the traffickers simply don't go to those harbors, because it'd mean more trouble. Supposed refugees have no documents, so you'd just have to trust what they say, with no chance of backing that up with any proof, and criminals won't tell you who they are obviously...

So that is mass illegal, uncontrolled immigration that is unwelcome by all the other EU countries. Italy - a relatively (geographically) small country - was left alone in its receiving role and actually asked for redistribution, so that immigrants could be spread equally within the EU. Never happened so far. You judge who's being hostile. Some EU member states even fiercely denied entry (Austria, Hungary...)

• Like 1