My gf hurt and kill animals in the past, should I be concerned?

Springsummer
Let her break up with you.

She has to do that, to ensure she doesn't have the urge again, to feel power and control through other means.

This. You don't want to offend her much. as you know....be careful.

• Like 1
  • Author
KevinDuff90

Thank you guys. I haven't heard nothing from her except that she blocked me.

Needless to say I'm having a difficult time processing how sociopaths work. She shifted so quickly from warm, affectionate and loving (all those time she would claim to be with me forever, how I'm the love of her life, etc) to treating you as if you don't matter anymore. She turned cold so fast when she knew I was going to end the relationship

Normally when someone is confronted about something about their past they're ashamed off, they wouldn't get defensive nor shift the blame on you for not trusting them. I think they would have done everything possible to express remorse and probably even beg you not to break up. She didn't even defend herself at the end.

It feels as if I was a commodity for her the whole time. This really sucks that 4 years of my life was wasted on someone I didn't really know. Wow

Now apart from this, Linda just informed me about suddenly getting constant harassing telemarking (some of them being scam about getting free stuff) calls for about 4-5 times a day nonstoppable and her email getting bombarded with garbage. She has no idea how those companies even got her number but it happened shortly after our break-up. Weird.

Edited by KevinDuff90
Update
  • Like 1
todreaminblue

im sorry kevin it is hard to process the mind of someone cold...possibly heartless with no warm spirit......it is actually rare ..i believe in some instances these people can change if they get the right help....your thread has affected me...especially when people write about who appear to be kind generous people harboring coldness and sociopathy.....i asked my daughter because ti got me thinking is that what people think when they meet me.....because im kind.....and that psychotic people dont see themselves as psychotic....so i said to my daughter do you think i am a psychotic.....do you think that im not really kind or soft or have i done anything that you think is cruel or horrible...and she laughed at me....

and she said to me (tearing up) you are one of the kindest softest gentlest person i have ever met and mum...i have met a lot.....why would you even say that ...and i told her about this thread...she said mum ...never think that again and gave me a hug...which of course made my heart swell ....and i felt stupid for even asking.....

i remember on a church activity gettign hit in the back with a ball and i wetn oww....and my daughter said to the boy who did it as a joke.....she said how dare you hit my mum she is too special.....and hugged me...i so love my daughter lol....i cry when i think of her for how she loves me unconditionally.....she thinks im really special ...i know i am not but i love her mind and heart,....i get this overwhelmign feeling ...actually many and for me ...smilin...that is quite normal....and right.......

kevin i think that's what happens ...i dont think they think of themselves as cold or sociopaths.....i dont think they care either way what you or anyone else thinks they are...they just are and they are actually happy to be the way they are...if you can call it happiness....i am loathe too...they dont know any other way to be....they dotn see anything wrong........they didnt get the help they needed at the right time to combat.....what is now ingrained in who they are...its them....

and you just need to move on wiser and more experienced....find a woman who has a warm heart...and you will recognise that warm heart...it will be able to be seen and felt adn in your heart you wont have doubt at all on who they are and how they are really.................deb....

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 1
bathtub-row

I'm sure your ex is getting back at Linda through passive-aggressive means. Hopefully, her tactics will stop there. Now, knowing a little of how sociopaths operate, don't be surprised if the monster raises her head in a couple of weeks or months. She steaming right now and thinking of ways to get back at the world. This girl worries me due to her mutilation tendencies. I watch a lot of the ID channel and due to the fact that there are so many true stories available for such continuous programming, I worry.

I found it odd, too, that she never tried to gain your understanding or forgiveness once you found out about it. I think the truth of the matter is that she knows those murderous tendencies are alive and well inside her, still, and she clammed up. It reminds me of a scene in the Netflix series Mindhunters (it's based on the true story of how FBI profiling got its start). Huh, if you want an up-close view of sociopaths, watch that show. It's an eye-opener. Anyway, when the FBI was basically entrapping one guy in particular, he knew at one point that he had been backed into a corner and went dead quiet. The FBI agents said things like, "Now, see, you've gone all quiet." "When someone is innocent they say kiss off or you're crazy, I didn't do anything." "But when a guy is guilty, he clams up and starts listening really intensely."

It does seem a waste of 4 yrs but, friend, I'm here to tell you that it could've gotten much worse. It's really scary that you might've never come across this information. But, yeah, 4 yrs is a lot of time. I'm sorry.

• Like 2

Probably shouldn't take her at face value when she says she's changed. That's seriously disturbing behavior and I'll bet one day you'll find out whatever enabled her to do such things as a child are still there. If she's psychopathic, she could be lying/trying to reel you in by this wonderful mask she's put on, which isn't uncommon when they want something. And yes, it could indicate psychopathy which is something no one 'grows out of'. There are malignant narcissists and psychopath's everywhere in our society... but they can be very charming and convincing when they want to be, so watch out.

I have a niece that deliberately killed my dog when she was 8 and I was 16. Just because I loved that little dog so much, and she wanted to hurt me.

She's in her 30's, now. She's great at wearing masks, but at the root she's heartless and cold and loves causing serious trouble/hurt for other people just for fun! She loves seeing pain. Yet she fools a lot of people and frequently flies under the radar undetected.

I don't have anything to do with her, keeping a promise I made to myself at 16 years old, the day I got a look into her warped mind and heart.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
Probably shouldn't take her at face value when she says she's changed. That's seriously disturbing behavior and I'll bet one day you'll find out whatever enabled her to do such things as a child are still there. If she's psychopathic, she could be lying/trying to reel you in by this wonderful mask she's put on, which isn't uncommon when they want something. And yes, it could indicate psychopathy which is something no one 'grows out of'. There are malignant narcissists and psychopath's everywhere in our society... but they can be very charming and convincing when they want to be, so watch out.

I have a niece that deliberately killed my dog when she was 8 and I was 16. Just because I loved that little dog so much, and she wanted to hurt me.

She's in her 30's, now. She's great at wearing masks, but at the root she's heartless and cold and loves causing serious trouble/hurt for other people just for fun! She loves seeing pain. Yet she fools a lot of people and frequently flies under the radar undetected.

I don't have anything to do with her, keeping a promise I made to myself at 16 years old, the day I got a look into her warped mind and heart.

im sorry that happened to you fair...i didnt like my dogs outside i always thought someone might bait them to get back at me...i would rather they would bash me to be truthful....less traumatising ...its a trait i cannot handle the thought of....kids and animals are the same....vulnerable and should be loved ....is this girl getting help you know of......deb

• Like 1